Page 95 of 263 FirstFirst ... 45 85 93 94 95 96 97 105 145 195 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,850 of 7887

Thread: The little things that piss you off

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    I've been "masking" for 30 years, it works great. Excess alcohol and stress makes tinnitus way worse, so I avoid that, obviously. Silence is also bad, hence masking.
    does it actually fix the tinnitus or just make it not noticeable? This notching thing is supposed to actually decrease the level of your tinnitus. After doing some reading, it sounds like tinnitus in the 8,000Hz+ range require smaller/different types of "notches" for it to work. The Italians researching this have some studies available, apparently.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    My tinnitus is not too bad. 8 years of drums (especially drum set and the even louder marching snare) did most of it. Living in an urban area is both masking it and probably making it worse. I'm moving to a more rural area soon so... we will see.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    does it actually fix the tinnitus or just make it not noticeable?
    Doesn't fix it, makes me not notice it. Running a fairly quiet air cleaner in the bedroom is usually a good enough mask. Honestly, I've had it so long that I don't notice it anymore until it's totally silent.

G has custom-made professional ear plugs to avoid further ear damage and wears them for all kinds of things, not just at concerts or while playing in a band (e.g. snow-blowing, etc.).

The Topamax (topiramate) that I'm on for migraines ... HOOOOOOLY SHIT did that cause my tinnitus to freak the fuck out when I first started it, I almost stopped the meds but G and my neurologist talked me into hanging in there and the doc split the dose - 1/2 in the morning and 1/2 at night - and that worked but JESUS that was nuts, like a SWARM OF CICADAS IN MY HEAD.
    Last edited by allegro; 01-13-2015 at 06:50 AM.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    I've been "masking" for 30 years, it works great. Excess alcohol and stress makes tinnitus way worse, so I avoid that, obviously. Silence is also bad, hence masking.
    I get it bad when I'm drinking, my father has it all the time though. He said it never went away, only became tolerable. Yikes!

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by green View Post
    I get it bad when I'm drinking, my father has it all the time though. He said it never went away, only became tolerable. Yikes!
    Mine never goes away, either, it's just different levels of noticable or maybe tolerable. Like I said, silence is when it's most noticable for me. Right now, I'm up early and the house is really quiet and my head is ringing like crazy, until the furnace kicks on and then it's not as bad. If I turn on the TV, I will hardly notice the ringing unless I really pay attention. Right now it's particularly bad because it's my worst allergy season, my sinuses and ears being stuffed up seems to just make it worse.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by playwithfire View Post
    My boyfriend is hanging out with me.

"It's true, supposedly the pain of passing a kidney stone can be worse than child birth. Therefore I need 8 feet for my balls? There is no correlation, what the fuck is he talking about?"
    I guess I'm late to the game here... but the worst part of passing the kidney stone for me was the pain through my kidneys and the tubes. Once it got to that point, I strained in front of the toilet and pissed it out. It was awful, but that was not the worst part... The worst part for me was the awful persistent streaking pain up and down my back.

The idea that a guy's relatively tiny dickhole warrants some special sympathy in the kidney stone story is silly. I did my best to help out my friend (female) who passed a kidney stone a couple years ago, and it seemed like she was having a much more painful experience than myself. Any dude who brings up kidney stones as a "shut up woman" point against women discussing the pains of childbirth is probably the biggest sort of asshole, and I have a somewhat hard time believing he's actually had to experience the pain of passing a kidney stone. This may sound ridiculous, but I've actually heard people use it as a way to shut down complaints about the pains of childbirth.

The final pissing the spiky stone out part was awful. It felt like about ten sleepless hours of pissing blood, moaning in sheer misery.... it really sucked It still wasn't the worst part of it. My female friends who went through it didn't seem much happier.

EDIT: Just to be clear, I'm not implying that anyone here is saying this... just the discussion jogged my memory of hearing people actually say that kind of stuff, and thought while I was in the "piss you off" thread...
    Last edited by Jinsai; 01-19-2015 at 09:47 PM.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    My boyfriend is hanging out with me.

"It's true, supposedly the pain of passing a kidney stone can be worse than child birth. Therefore I need 8 feet for my balls? There is no correlation, what the fuck is he talking about?"
    It was in response to all the hate directed towards men sitting with legs agape.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by green View Post
    It was in response to all the hate directed towards men sitting with legs agape.
    how were those two topics even remotely related?

when i was on the train to work on monday, literally EVERY GUY in my train compartment was sitting with his legs spread. the guy next to me was, and his elbow was consistently invading my space. i have serious back issues, and they were very aggravated by the fact that i was only able to sit half on my seat and had to lean awkwardly because he couldn't scrunch up a little. and he was a skinny dude. he had no excuse.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    More fucking car troubles. My alternator died last night. At least it's fixable, but I seem to run into an issue with my car every few months. Pouring $$$ into this machine.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post

when i was on the train to work on monday, literally EVERY GUY in my train compartment was sitting with his legs spread. the guy next to me was, and his elbow was consistently invading my space. i have serious back issues, and they were very aggravated by the fact that i was only able to sit half on my seat and had to lean awkwardly because he couldn't scrunch up a little. and he was a skinny dude. he had no excuse.
    I don't know what the subway seats are like in Chi-town, but I was riding the NYC subway the other day and I figured out why this manspreading thing has become a thing. The seats are curved to fit the "average" size butt so one length of bench is suppose to fit 8 people. Between the guy on one side of me spreading his legs into the empty seat and the woman on the other side who's legs are larger than average (I suppose) spreading into the seat to her left, me in the middle, I actually got two whole seats to myself. Every time the train stopped I could see people getting on and eyeballing the seats on either side of me, but then changing their mind. Get rid of these dam butt shaped seats and maybe all varieties could figure out how to share the bench. On the ride back uptown I sat next to my Dad and spread my legs real wide playfully shoving him over. The dude across the car started laughing out loud. He knew exactly what was going on.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dra508 View Post
    I don't know what the subway seats are like in Chi-town, but I was riding the NYC subway the other day and I figured out why this manspreading thing has become a thing. The seats are curved to fit the "average" size butt so one length of bench is suppose to fit 8 people. Between the guy on one side of me spreading his legs into the empty seat and the woman on the other side who's legs are larger than average (I suppose) spreading into the seat to her left, me in the middle, I actually got two whole seats to myself. Every time the train stopped I could see people getting on and eyeballing the seats on either side of me, but then changing their mind. Get rid of these dam butt shaped seats and maybe all varieties could figure out how to share the bench. On the ride back uptown I sat next to my Dad and spread my legs real wide playfully shoving him over. The dude across the car started laughing out loud. He knew exactly what was going on.
    Someone asked me to move once when I was in a similar situation, I did, but I got scrunched against the people sitting like assholes, who of course didn't move.

Only about 1/2 of the NYC trains have the butt shaped seats (which I don't like either, they are too narrow, and they do result in people sitting like all over them and cramping people's spaces). I mostly take trains that are the other kind. They comfortably fit 6 people no matter what their body types are unless they're all like 300lbs. Not 2 people. Not 2 people and your 2 kids. THREE. PEOPLE.

I would actually like train benches to be like THIS.

Much wider than those butt-shaped seats on the 1/2/3 & A/C/E and whateva trains, people who are pretty substantially overweight can sit pretty easily, and it makes it way harder to manspread/invade the space of the person next to you.

If it's not obvious, I strongly resent people invading my personal space thoughtlessly. Some dude had a backpack on in the elevator at work with me this morning and I flat out kept my hand on his backpack and pushed on it until he moved (for other reasons) because fuck you and your stupid bag hitting me.
    Last edited by playwithfire; 01-14-2015 at 02:57 PM.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    This bench is a giant fuck you to homeless people. No really, this is an outside bench in a museum??

Yes, it was the #1 train.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Those are the benches in a lot of the train stations.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    I initially said something like that in my post and I edited. It is a giant fuck you to homeless people, which is why I'd like them to not be on subway platforms. But on trains? Yes please.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    I initially said something like that in my post and I edited. It is a giant fuck you to homeless people, which is why I'd like them to not be on subway platforms. But on trains? Yes please.
    Ahhh, misread. Makes sense now. I must have been in a caffeine blur.

Maybe we should just get individual pods for subway commuting.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Homophobia in the metal community. Made the mistake of reading the comment section on an article about motionless in white, my god the amount of times I saw the word faggot was insane. I don't even LIKE MIW and I was just beside myself.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    My vote:

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Condo delayed....again. Now we won't be in until the beginning of May fml. Sure it gives us another two months which will equate to another $2500 or so of savings towards it, but still come on...

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Ahhh, misread. Makes sense now. I must have been in a caffeine blur.

I would love this.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    One of the worst days I've ever had at work today. Just fucking disheartening.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Just a little thing ...

I can't drink tap water because there has been diesel spill (28,000 liters) at one of the distribution center. Five cities hit with the ban. Over 300,000 citizens affected by this.

It's just water. Who needs water? Grocery stores are completely out of bottled water. It was madness yesterday. People were stealing water from other people's cart.
    One thing I learned is that we're definitely not ready for the end of the world.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    Just a little thing ...

I can't drink tap water because there has been diesel spill (28,000 liters) at one of the distribution center. Five cities hit with the ban. Over 300,000 citizens affected by this.

It's just water. Who needs water? Grocery stores are completely out of bottled water. It was madness yesterday. People were stealing water from other people's cart.
    One thing I learned is that we're definitely not ready for the end of the world.
    so normal filtering doesn't work? that's shitty.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    1. The snow here is awful.

2. It's been 48 hours since Slipknot and my muscles still ache all over.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    This doesn't piss me off, it's just kind of weird.

I've started looking at the guests to users ratio here, and it seems to stay pretty steady at 8 to 1 or so.

And there's no NIN news.

What are all of those people doing?

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Sorry for the double post, but FUCK.

There is no more online support for the Wii.

I can't fucking believe it! I was going to actually BUY some shit from them.

What is Nintendo thinking? Nobody has a wii u

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Sorry for the double post, but FUCK.

There is no more online support for the Wii.

I can't fucking believe it! I was going to actually BUY some shit from them.

What is Nintendo thinking? Nobody has a wii u
    You can't even buy stuff from the online store anymore? What happens to the credit I had?

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    You can't even buy stuff from the online store anymore? What happens to the credit I had?
    well, i did some more checking.

the online store supposedly still works. i can't get it to work though.

When i tried to reconnect to the internet, it offered an update but said that if it detected modifications, your console may become inoperable.

i have homebrew, so i didn't do the update. that MAY be why i can't get into the store.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Trisquit crackers. I got a box of broken ones. Not one is the square it's suppose to be. Grrrrrrr.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I've started looking at the guests to users ratio here, and it seems to stay pretty steady at 8 to 1 or so.

And there's no NIN news.

A good chunk are probably Marilyn Manson fans who were redirected here to read about the new album, since all Manson-centric forums had banned even mentioning the new album's leak.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)

And there's no NIN news.

I can somehow understand that as somebody that still likes to lurk. Lurking always seemed to be the other half of the fun with Internet forums to me, as well as being the definitive age-old way to get the overall feel of the forums, should you be a newcomer. (And well, lurking is fun, but with the exception of lurking through bad threads/posts one has made.)

The "Like" feature has actually made lurking a bit more enjoyable too.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 01-17-2015 at 11:43 PM.