Page 85 of 263 FirstFirst ... 35 75 83 84 85 86 87 95 135 185 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,550 of 7888

Thread: The little things that piss you off

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    When people talk about retirement and I realize my death will most likely come 1st...

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by r_k_f View Post
    When people talk about retirement and I realize my death will most likely come 1st...
    Yeah, well, that could happen to us, too. It's happened to several of my husband's coworkers. With a few, it happened a few weeks after retirement. Bleh.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Yeah, well, that could happen to us, too. It's happened to several of my husband's coworkers. With a few, it happened a few weeks after retirement. Bleh.
    I was hinting at working forever, not the all too real possibility of an early death... ugh.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by r_k_f View Post
    I was hinting at working forever, not the all too real possibility of an early death... ugh.
    If you put just a little money away in a 401K, it's amazing how it starts building up without your even looking at it. DOOO IT !!!

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Honestly, after we retire, if we ever decide to move, we'd consider selling this house (it'll be paid off in two years, we retire in two years, mandatory retirement for the husband) and RENTING instead of buying. Our boat is a tax writeoff, because it has a kitchen, LOL.
    I debate this right now. I gave up home ownership a few years back and can't decide if once I find solid employment again if I'll want to have a mortgage again. In the U.S. there is definitely an incentive. I fear my income taxes this year being high since it'll actually be the first year I'm filing single since forever. This actually is a little thing that pisses me off - unsure of whether being single screws you more come tax time or is there still a marriage penalty.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dra508 View Post
    I debate this right now. I gave up home ownership a few years back and can't decide if once I find solid employment again if I'll want to have a mortgage again. In the U.S. there is definitely an incentive. I fear my income taxes this year being high since it'll actually be the first year I'm filing single since forever. This actually is a little thing that pisses me off - unsure of whether being single screws you more come tax time or is there still a marriage penalty.
    If you have equal income, there is still a marriage penalty, yeah. And once you PAY OFF your mortgage, there goes your tax advantage (except maybe for the property tax write-off), but the price you pay for that tax write-off in maintenance, insurance, upkeep and taxes doesn't always outweigh the write-off benefits. Of course, once you pay it off you don't have monthly housing payments, either ...
    Last edited by allegro; 12-10-2014 at 04:48 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    If you put just a little money away in a 401K, it's amazing how it starts building up without your even looking at it. DOOO IT !!!
    Oh I am.... Just thinking of college for 2 kids, a mortgage from just before the bubble burst etc etc......

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Of course, once you pay it off you don't have monthly housing payments, either ...
    That's so enticing,

Gah!

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    God, I hate my job.

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    ^^Me too! Seriously. Like SERIOUSLY hate it. Despise it. Ugh.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Its not pissing me off per se, but goddamn I am so ready for Christmas vacation to start. I've been swamped with work stuff and been having a bit of insomnia. Just fucking start already.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Empty food containers that somehow make their way back into the pantry/refrigerator.
    When someone brings home more of something when you were already overstocked on it and they just didn't bother checking properly and now you've got six large containers of sour cream and five of them are going to turn green and fuzzy before you get a chance to use them.
    When there's a carton of milk/cream/juice/whatever that still has a decent amount still in it, but someone still manages to open the brand new one even though the open one was RIGHT THERE IN FRONT OF YOU! THE OTHER ONE WASN'T EVEN NEAR WHERE THE OPEN ONES ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!
    Not loading a dishwasher properly and only fitting a third of what it can actually hold in there. How in God's name did you somehow manage to completely run out of space on the top rack with only three glasses, a coffee cup and a medium sized tupperware container?
    Somehow managing to get more cheese/salt/pepper on the table than on the fucking plate.
    Getting up from the dinner table and leaving the chair pushed out halfway across the room.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Have a cold and now my ear is fucked up. :/

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    "33 Thoughts Every Woman Has in Target"

Okay, this Buzzfeed shit is jumping the shark super hard. Jesus Christ.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    It is a dream of mine that one day my boyfriend will consistently remember or remember more often to TELL ME WHEN HE'S ON HIS WAY when he comes over.

Otherwise I time my procrastination with less accuracy. WE'VE BEEN DATING FOR MORE THAN THREE YEARS WAH.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Prowler View Post
    Empty food containers that somehow make their way back into the pantry/refrigerator.
    When someone brings home more of something when you were already overstocked on it and they just didn't bother checking properly and now you've got six large containers of sour cream and five of them are going to turn green and fuzzy before you get a chance to use them.
    When there's a carton of milk/cream/juice/whatever that still has a decent amount still in it, but someone still manages to open the brand new one even though the open one was RIGHT THERE IN FRONT OF YOU! THE OTHER ONE WASN'T EVEN NEAR WHERE THE OPEN ONES ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!
    Not loading a dishwasher properly and only fitting a third of what it can actually hold in there. How in God's name did you somehow manage to completely run out of space on the top rack with only three glasses, a coffee cup and a medium sized tupperware container?
    Somehow managing to get more cheese/salt/pepper on the table than on the fucking plate.
    Getting up from the dinner table and leaving the chair pushed out halfway across the room.
    those are all the worst, my roommate just took off for the 3 week Christmas break and left a fridge full of perishables and already out of date milk. She also grilled up a bunch of sausages and left the grill rack complete with pools of grease in the oven. She didn't even eat the sausages, left them in the fridge!

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    I'm actually a fan of Christmas... I don't know why. To say "I'm not religious" would be the biggest understatement ever...

But holy shit do I hate Christmas music. I want to punch the person who wrote that "Last Christmas I gave you my heart, and the very next day you gave it away, next year, to save me from tears, I'll give it to someone special" song so fucking hard. I can't get it out of my head, and it sucks so bad.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    also...

Can you imagine being the unfortunate child with horrible redneck parents who bring this fucking shit home for family holiday quality time? I can't believe this is real. It's like somebody mined my nightmares.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I'm actually a fan of Christmas... I don't know why. To say "I'm not religious" would be the biggest understatement ever...

But holy shit do I hate Christmas music. I want to punch the person who wrote that "Last Christmas I gave you my heart, and the very next day you gave it away, next year, to save me from tears, I'll give it to someone special" song so fucking hard. I can't get it out of my head, and it sucks so bad.
    A pox upon you for putting that putrid Wham! song in my head. You've fucked me for at least the next two weeks.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by playwithfire View Post
    It is a dream of mine that one day my boyfriend will consistently remember or remember more often to TELL ME WHEN HE'S ON HIS WAY when he comes over.

Otherwise I time my procrastination with less accuracy. WE'VE BEEN DATING FOR MORE THAN THREE YEARS WAH.
    Ha! I'm so glad I'm not the only one who does this. T always texts me when he's on his way home from work which normally takes about 45 minutes. Then I procrastinate for a while minutes before tidying up the flat (he's a neat freak, I am not) although when we move next week it'll only take him 20 minutes and I'll have less time to procrastinate...

What pisses me off is that I have NO IDEA what to get my family (in the states) for Christmas this year and they think its 'not in the spirit of the holiday' to tell me what they want or even a hint which makes it pretty difficult since I see them maybe once a year. Last time i was home for Christmas my mom even got mad and told me that I was 'doing Christmas wrong' because T and I make a short wish list and buy stuff for each other from that like normal people. I love picking stuff out for people but I'm not a fucking mind reader.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rhet View Post
    What pisses me off is that I have NO IDEA what to get my family (in the states) for Christmas this year and they think its 'not in the spirit of the holiday' to tell me what they want or even a hint which makes it pretty difficult since I see them maybe once a year. Last time i was home for Christmas my mom even got mad and told me that I was 'doing Christmas wrong' because T and I make a short wish list and buy stuff for each other from that like normal people. I love picking stuff out for people but I'm not a fucking mind reader.
    i make a b-day/x-mas list every year (my birthday is january second) and i have zero problems if i'm not surprised by gifts. i make a list because those are things i want. duh. but for some reason, everyone feels weird that my list this year is basically just records. that's all i want. i love records, they make me happy, what's the issue?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I hate this fucking society in which you can have a bachelor's degree that's useful to no fucking one
    It's frustrating to see that even with a 4 years spent on studying and working part-time to barely be able to pay your bills, you end up losing your fiance, losing your job, BUT YOU HAVE A GODDAMN DIPLOMA

For fuck's sake.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    People who ignore you when you do your very best to put out an olive branch and get on somewhat decent terms with them.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i make a b-day/x-mas list every year (my birthday is january second) and i have zero problems if i'm not surprised by gifts. i make a list because those are things i want. duh. but for some reason, everyone feels weird that my list this year is basically just records. that's all i want. i love records, they make me happy, what's the issue?
    exactly! i keep an amazon wishlist going for christmas/my birthday and the stuff i want is usually pretty specific and people won't be able to just go in a store and get the right thing without a big of guidance so i'm A-OK with no surprises. With hubs I usually get one or two big things off his list and try to think up a few small things on my own to keep it fun. Luckily my in-laws are super logical and we exchange spreadsheets with our lists containing links and price points for each item haha

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    WTF is with people putting "=" between words "present" and "buy". I keep repeating - you can create something - paint, sing, build, write... something... at least try, but do not automatically imply word "buy". And then I go and buy them something. ;-)

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    I am sick and I dropped my fucking (almost) brand new iPhone in the toilet whilst getting ready so that I can buy soup for my sick ass. Now my phone is fucking fried; I feel like shit and I have no food in the house.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charmingly Miserable View Post
    I am sick and I dropped my fucking (almost) brand new iPhone in the toilet whilst getting ready so that I can buy soup for my sick ass. Now my phone is fucking fried; I feel like shit and I have no food in the house.
    I'm so paranoid of my phone getting dropped in water that I don't even keep it on the same desk as a shut water bottle. I can't imagine how crazy I'd go if this happened to me. Hope you're able to get a replacement for cheap!

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Put that shit in rice. I've had that work before!

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    I'm already on it. Hopefully it will work out. Otherwise, I'm gonna have to spend $50 to get it replaced at Apple. But that will be my $50 Groupon dildo/vibrator money.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charmingly Miserable View Post
    But that will be my $50 Groupon dildo/vibrator money.
    Well you already kinda fucked yourself by dropping your phone in the toilet.