Page 53 of 263 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 103 153 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,590 of 7885

Thread: The little things that piss you off

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    how hungry i always seem to be.

i'm trying to get in better shape before our wedding in september (as is my fiancee), but i love food, and i don't really like/can't seem to bring myself to exercise other than riding my bike. i've been trying to eat better, but i hate most vegetables. i've been eating reasonably-sized meals, but then i end up wanting snacks all the time, and when i don't eat them, i just end up eating bigger meals.

i don't care about "losing weight" because i don't care about the number, i just want to feel more comfortable in my own skin/my clothes.

it's also really hard not to let my old eating disorder(s) mentality kick in, so i'm constantly battling that.

being an adult sucks, guys.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post

i'm trying to get in better shape before our wedding in september (as is my fiancee), but i love food, and i don't really like/can't seem to bring myself to exercise other than riding my bike. i've been trying to eat better, but i hate most vegetables. i've been eating reasonably-sized meals, but then i end up wanting snacks all the time, and when i don't eat them, i just end up eating bigger meals.

i don't care about "losing weight" because i don't care about the number, i just want to feel more comfortable in my own skin/my clothes.

it's also really hard not to let my old eating disorder(s) mentality kick in, so i'm constantly battling that.

Think about eating more protein in your meals. You'd be surprised what other than red meat has protein. It keeps you satiated and doesn't spike your blood sugar like bad carbs which also just make you hungry faster. That's when you start making poor choices. I know if I don't have a breakfast with some protein in it, I'm screwed for the rest of the day. Frustrating.

My little thing - as always: procrastination.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    My landlord has never gotten me a key to my bedroom. I locked myself out of my room this morning. I then had to lift my roommate onto this shoddy little plastic roof thing near my bedroom window, and she like, Spiderman'd it into my room and opened my door. I will not longer make comments about her being a crackhead.

I was then late for work.

My dad then text me and told me that my grandma is in the ICU with Sepsis. So... She's probably going to die before I get back to Nebraska on the 8th of August.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Oh wow, that sucks... Sorry to hear.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dra508 View Post
    Think about eating more protein in your meals. You'd be surprised what other than red meat has protein. It keeps you satiated and doesn't spike your blood sugar like bad carbs which also just make you hungry faster. That's when you start making poor choices. I know if I don't have a breakfast with some protein in it, I'm screwed for the rest of the day. Frustrating.

My little thing - as always: procrastination.
    i actually focus on protein as the main thing in my meals (i eat a LOT of chicken) but i just love carbs so much...bread, rice, pasta, etc.
    i also try to eat lots of unsalted nuts (cashews, peanuts) and have healthy snacks like apples with peanut butter or cucumber.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    i actually focus on protein as the main thing in my meals (i eat a LOT of chicken) but i just love carbs so much...bread, rice, pasta, etc.
    i also try to eat lots of unsalted nuts (cashews, peanuts) and have healthy snacks like apples with peanut butter or cucumber.
    Incorporate chia seeds in your diet.

Being sick for the first time this year. It also happens to be the first day of my summer vacation.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    This seems to be more boring and depressing than aggravating to me, but very long road trips still get on my nerves. Yes, I'm the guy that hates road trips. If I was able to always have the means, I'd always take a plane any day of the week. Thank goodness for portable gaming, laptops, smartphones, and music players.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Not sure if @elevenism hasn't taken his Ritalin when he's on ETS

Or is on cocaine
    no, it's opiates, thank you very much...
    although i sure could use some cocaine...

but yeah...it's ultimately something along those lines.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    every time i say anything, @eversonpoe facepalms it, for fuck's sake.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Barre chords.
    My left hand is all but falling off.
    (though it's been only two months since I started learning guitar)

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    You will get used to it.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Tornadoes back home last night by where my family farms. The next town over is basically gone. All of my family seems to be fine. Lots of property and crop damage, though.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)

I'm not the biggest fan of vegetables, but for some reason (for me at least) I love the super hardcore vegan raw stuff. Uncooked, creatively mashed up vegetables that are garnished and lubricated to taste like something they're not. It's got to be the healthiest thing in the world for you to eat too...

Also, is there a Veggie Grill near you? I fucking love that place. Seriously, it really does taste like chicken. It tastes more like 'real' chicken than KFC does anyway.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    every time i say anything, @eversonpoe facepalms it, for fuck's sake.
    1. why do you care so much? i went over this in that PM i sent you, but you just can't seem to let it go. when you or anyone says something with which i disagree but don't feel the need to discuss, i facepalm it. you can look at my history, dude, it's not like you're the only person i facepalm. i'm ALMOST as bad as sheepdean.

2. what you said up there was pretty fucking misogynistic, and that's why i facepalmed it.

3. if you can't take it when some person in an online forum civilly disagrees with you, i don't understand how you are surviving in an abusive relationship. maybe it's time to rethink your priorities in terms of emotional weight.

4. lots of people on this forum are much more direct and rude to you about many things, and i don't see you constantly complaining about them, so why are you singling me out in this regard?

Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I'm not the biggest fan of vegetables, but for some reason (for me at least) I love the super hardcore vegan raw stuff. Uncooked, creatively mashed up vegetables that are garnished and lubricated to taste like something they're not. It's got to be the healthiest thing in the world for you to eat too...

Also, is there a Veggie Grill near you? I fucking love that place. Seriously, it really does taste like chicken. It tastes more like 'real' chicken than KFC does anyway.
    no, but there's a few "native foods" and those places are delicious. my friend alex was going there with our vegan friend norine for, like, two years before he realized the "chicken" wasn't real chicken (it's like a seitan/tofu blend and it's so freakin' good).

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    1. why do you care so much? i went over this in that PM i sent you, but you just can't seem to let it go.
    i was kidding this time.

the last couple of times it just hurt my feelings for some reason.
    don't worry, i'm over it.

i was kinda hoping you'd facepalm the part where i was talking about you facepalming me.

i've had a bipolar diagnosis for 17 years, and i'm on drugs, so i don't know why i do half the shit i do anymore than you do.

Last edited by elevenism; 06-18-2014 at 01:12 AM.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Also, is there a Veggie Grill near you? I fucking love that place.
    Is that place on Sunset near Amoeba? If so, that place is ok. I love Native Foods better. I think there is one in Santa Monica if you are near there.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    THIS MEAN-SPIRITED BULLSHIT

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by playwithfire View Post
    THIS MEAN-SPIRITED BULLSHIT
    yeah...share the happy, huh? what a jerk.

as stupid of a trend as i think twerking is, where does she get off telling women (essentially) not to have agency over their own sexuality, and to simply keep it locked down because it's the "right way" to do it?

UGHHHHHHH

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

The little things that piss you off

Except people been doing that since the 80s freaky deaky bitch

(It was obscene then too)

I think she's overly ranty but there's a point in there somewhere about women taking control instead of these black chicks used by men in stereotypical misogynist music videos?
    Last edited by allegro; 06-19-2014 at 12:33 AM.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Yeah, except she's contributing to the same mentality that makes those videos problematic in the first place.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Gross.

Unrelated to the point you're making, but I hate how people are always like NOT UNTIL HE PUTS A RING ON IT. As if that is OBVIOUSLY every woman's end goal.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

The little things that piss you off

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    Gross.

Unrelated to the point you're making, but I hate how people are always like NOT UNTIL HE PUTS A RING ON IT. As if that is OBVIOUSLY every woman's end goal.
    Again I think it's Beyoncé black woman rebellion against black male culture not putting a ring on it ever even after kids with different women, hence Farrakhan's Million Man March. See also Steve Harvey.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Grandma has been in the ICU for a bit.

Dad sent me this text this evening

"Just wanted to let you know that mom is refusing any more medication as of today except dialysis to keep her from having pain along with pain meds. She wanted a hug from all of us and told us she is ready to meet her maker so it may not be long now"

So I just had to scramble to book a last minute flight tomorrow. Here's hoping that they don't tell me that I'm too much of a fatass to fly.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Bureaucratic bull shit. Have been trying to apply to the uni transfer thing for months. Every step has been a major pain in the ass. Everything is online, which would be great if it actually worked. Keep getting told to contact tech support only to find out it's a problem on my side or the uni. The only thing that isn't online is sending my records from one institution to the other, which has to be done by snail mail and cost me 25$. That isn't counting the 15$ to send my high school marks for some fucking reason and the 200$ fee for the uni I am trying to get in to just look at the fucking things and say, "kay cool, now pay us thousands of dollars". It also doesn't help I go away for the Summer to work, if I could just go there for a few hours and talk with the people about it, this problem could be solved. And what a great idea to let half the admissions people go on vacation right around registration time. I should just drop out and become a stone mason. I have always wanted to be one.

Sorry to hear about your granny hope you can get to see her

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Summarizing my bank's privacy policy: "We will be dicks to the very limit of the law."

Thanks for sharing that with me.

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Depression was bad enough, but now disgust and anger have entered the equation. This is going to be fun.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theruiner View Post
    Depression was bad enough, but now disgust and anger have entered the equation. This is going to be fun.
    Sounds like the estrogen is working!! :-D

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    ^^Ok, that made me chuckle, and I didn't think I was going to do that tonight. So thank you.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    Grandma has been in the ICU for a bit.

Dad sent me this text this evening

"Just wanted to let you know that mom is refusing any more medication as of today except dialysis to keep her from having pain along with pain meds. She wanted a hug from all of us and told us she is ready to meet her maker so it may not be long now"

So I just had to scramble to book a last minute flight tomorrow. Here's hoping that they don't tell me that I'm too much of a fatass to fly.
    Did you make it? How is g-ma?