Page 4 of 263 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 ... LastLast

Thread: The little things that piss you off

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I got to go over one of my mid-terms, and my mark was fine, I got almost 90%, but one thing about how it was marked bothers me, way more than 2 marks should.

The final question on the exam was to state the year-end balance in two accounts. I did exactly what it asked for, and my answers were correct, but she gave me zero out of two because I didn't show her how I calculated it.

How can the right answer be a zero out of two?!!?!?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Kind of a mixed bag; I coach college swimming, and 2 of our female athletes qualified for NCAA Championships, which is awesome! I have to stay back here in Buffalo and train them while our men's team (and the rest of the coaching staff) at their conference championship meet in Carbondale, IL at Southern Illinois University. No biggie, as most schools have the capabilities to broadcast the conference championships via live streaming. Except SIU doesn't. Kind of upset that I can't be there, but am very stoked we got 2 girls to the "big show". Guess I'm more upset that it's 20-fucking-13 and this school can't get their shit together enough to "keep up with the times" technologically speaking.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    My body just won't give me a minute to smell the roses. The day I get over a three-week cold: toothache signalling cavity.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    10am flight is cancelled, but I find this out at 5:30 am so I quickly call the airline. Get booked on a 2pm flight. A little while later, go to check in online and print a boarding pass only to find that the 2pm is cancelled. Call the airline again, this lady books me on another airline (since her own had no seats until tomorrow night) and I get a 5:30 flight. Try to dig my car out of the snow, but my back started hurting so I decided to leave it, it's going to be 50 this weekend. I take a cab to the airport bus. Go to the airport super early so I can check in at the first airline to get rechecked at the second airline only to get a phone call while on the airport bus that the first airline lady who got me the seat on the other airline made a mistake (or the other airline did) and booked me for March 28th, not today, March 8th. WTF! Deep breath. Miraculously, while she's telling me this a seat opens up on one of their flights at 7. I'll take it - type fast - I get frequent flyer miles on your airline and it's a nonstop - gimme gimme. I can sit at the airport. That flight gets delayed two additional hours.

8 hours in an airport and I'm pretty convinced it's the airline not the weather. yeah yeah yeah there's another foot of snow out there, but none of the other airlines seemed to cancel so many flights.

At least the last plane out that i got a seat on has me in a first class seat.
    Last edited by Dra508; 03-08-2013 at 06:42 PM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    My roommate's "SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!" to his mewing cat being 5 X louder, and 10 X as annoying, as said mewing cat.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the duder View Post
    My roommate's "SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!" to his mewing cat being 5 X louder, and 10 X as annoying, as said mewing cat.
    One of my supervisors in the shop is pissing me right the fuck off. When she wants your attention she goes "psss psss psss" like she's calling a cat. I want to drown her in napalm.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    ^^ That's right up there with snapping or whistling to someone for their attention in my book. Napalm showers fo sho.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    "3-2-1. Unicorn Apocalypse is live!"

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    I suppose this counts. I can't really say that I'm actually fond of receiving phone calls at odd hours. It thankfully doesn't happen that much to me this time around, but I've actually received phone calls between 11:00 PM to 5:00 AM on weekdays. I understand that there are some exceptions for that, but I'm referring to people that do that on a regular basis during the week. I even had a friend that had it worse than I did, because his friends would not only do that, but make plans on the same day or evening that way.

This also reminds me that I'm also not into making plans on the same day. There are also certain variables and exceptions I'm willing to accept, but I'm not into doing that regularly if I were to make plans to hang out with any of my friends or acquaintances. I'm also not into having people show up unexpectedly at my door either. Don't get me wrong though, as there are obviously still some exceptions for this, but it's not exactly one of my preferences. Another thing I also dislike is having to wait or search for friends and acquaintances for excessive intervals of time whenever I want to hang out. This is clearly due to my preferences of planning at least a few days in advance prior to hanging out for whatever reason that might be.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 03-11-2013 at 09:14 PM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I'm on day 10 of my period and it's still going strong, which hasn't happened since I was a preteen. I would be worried but I'm more pissed off because my bathroom's currently being redone so my flat is gross and I feel gross and everything is just...gross.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    When reading a book, an acquaintance of my mother tears off and throws away each page she has read, so as to reduce the size and weight of the book. Because you know, she has to carry that beast around. What a fucking waste.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexandros View Post
    When reading a book, an acquaintance of my mother tears off and throws away each page she has read, so as to reduce the size and weight of the book. Because you know, she has to carry that beast around. What a fucking waste.
    That's just wrong. Well, at least she's not eating them after tearing them out. She's not eating them...right?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    My step brother has turned into a reclusive xbox addict. He spends all day and half the night on it, doesn't go to school much and causes a lot of trouble at home. We have fuck all money yet he eats all the food in the house, and then doesn't eat the dinner his mother (who is lovely) cooks for him. He's now doing some weird thing where he's trying to make her feel bad for him by making her think he's starving himself by just throwing his dinner in the bin (And eating a fuck load of shit while she's not home), and making out as if it's our family who made him this way, despite the fact he doesn't even interact with is own. He ate my dinner last week which I was saving for when I got in from work in the early hours. My dad won't do anything about it because he can't, and won't get involved anymore because it causes too much arguments. Little fucking asshole is entirely desensitised and cares how nobody feels but himself. The utter most epitome of greed and selfishness. I generally be alone at home and mind my own business... do my coding/animating, sleep, eat. The rest of my time is spent out of the house. Eating my dinner was only the start of him spreading his ways into my life, and I swear to God I'm less than days away from punching him square in the face.

... /rant

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    There is something I dislike about leaving toilets and doors inside the house open. To me, it's sort of like leaving the lights, the heat or the water on, but obviously not as bad. I've figured that if I could/should keep cabinets, drawers and closets completely closed, why not toilets and doors? And I also can't stand dropping things. If it's not embarrassing, it's just very annoying sometimes.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    That's monstrous. Sure, just go ahead and destroy a book that someone else could have enjoyed after you've finished with it. She is why the Nazis managed to come to power.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesCmuse View Post
    My step brother has turned into a reclusive xbox addict. He spends all day and half the night on it, doesn't go to school much and causes a lot of trouble at home. We have fuck all money yet he eats all the food in the house, and then doesn't eat the dinner his mother (who is lovely) cooks for him. He's now doing some weird thing where he's trying to make her feel bad for him by making her think he's starving himself by just throwing his dinner in the bin (And eating a fuck load of shit while she's not home), and making out as if it's our family who made him this way, despite the fact he doesn't even interact with is own. He ate my dinner last week which I was saving for when I got in from work in the early hours. My dad won't do anything about it because he can't, and won't get involved anymore because it causes too much arguments. Little fucking asshole is entirely desensitised and cares how nobody feels but himself. The utter most epitome of greed and selfishness. I generally be alone at home and mind my own business... do my coding/animating, sleep, eat. The rest of my time is spent out of the house. Eating my dinner was only the start of him spreading his ways into my life, and I swear to God I'm less than days away from punching him square in the face.

... /rant
    I was going to go with punch in the neck just so it might not hurt your hand as much, but do what makes you feel best. What a fucker. It's quite amazing how self absorbed folks can be. Mom clearly has guilt not shutting down that nitwit behavior.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Also, she must have incredible photographic memory: I frequently have to return to earlier passages to clarify this or that point, or remind myself of something. What a nightmare to need to check something and find you ripped out the page and threw it away! It's like something out of a Kafka short story.
    That, or she doesn't give a shit, which is more likely. Either way, someone needs to send her a massive "READING: YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG" sign.

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Sigh. Goodbye 20s...

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    30 isn't as bad as everybody says. I don't remember my 30th birthday very well because booze, but once I was 6 months into it it weren't no thang. Age is just a number until you hit 40, THEN it's all downhill.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixer808 View Post
    Age is just a number until you hit 40, THEN it's all downhill.
    HEY!!!!! Fucking ageist.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    It's all over when you turn 21. I miss being jailbait/barely legal. *sigh*

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixer808 View Post
    Age is just a number until you hit 40, THEN it's all downhill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Baphomette View Post
    HEY!!!!! Fucking ageist.
    Meh, fear of aging is pretty unattractive so....

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    I think I've made this point before, but:
    Your 30s>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Your 20s.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I feel like I should chime in since despite some major unexpected health issues my 40s has been >>>>>> 30's.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

The little things that piss you off

I concur. Because we keep getting a lot smarter. We're REALLY STUPID in our 20s. We don't know that at the time, of course.

I think hitting 70 will be freaky (if we make it that far) because of, well, death. Although, I met a really cool guy on the ski slopes in California last week who is 72 and he appeared to be really enjoying life (way more than the 29-yr-old drama queen who was with our group).
    Last edited by allegro; 03-13-2013 at 08:34 AM.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    I'm also very much looking forward to becoming older. Just yesterday I was browsing through old photos from about 10 years ago and I sure as hell would never ever go back there having in mind all the insecurities and stupid patterns of thought I had back then. I'm still searching, but it has become more fun as the years go by. One of the most curious things in life for me is how one will look at himself a few years from now. At least that is always an exciting thought and a good conversation starter no matter who you are with. Especially if you keep in mind that the best and most horrible things in life can happen over night, so even a year is a pretty fucking long time for good ol' fortuna to hit you in the face!

But yeah, of course there will be a time where I'll have to face the fact of dying more than ever and it feels quite intimidating, but on the other hand? Bring it!

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    I concur. Because we keep getting a lot smarter. We're REALLY STUPID in our 20s. We don't know that at the time, of course.

I think hitting 70 will be freaky (if we make it that far) because of, well, death. Although, I met a really cool guy on the ski slopes in California last week who is 72 and he appeared to be really enjoying life (way more than the 29-yr-old drama queen who was with our group).
    I heard the other day that they are extending "middle age" to 85. I know an 83 year old that still skis. I'm convinced that at that age, the minute you stop moving, you're toast.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dra508 View Post
    I heard the other day that they are extending "middle age" to 85. I know an 83 year old that still skis. I'm convinced that at that age, the minute you stop moving, you're toast.
    Yeah, get a load of "Bingo Irene"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    In early December my old next door neighbor went into an alcohol/not on his bipolar meds induced knife rage and sliced up his brother (who also lived there) and dragged his mom (who also lived there) out into the parking area to continue said knife rage. There was blood all over my car, on the sidewalk, on my front door etc. I ended up having to do things to the guy to keep him away from his mom and brother until the cops came. They all got kicked out the next week.
    Fast forward to this last Sunday. New neighbors moved in. I helped them move a couple heavy things because they were obviously unable to do it themselves. They seemed mostly OK, but then I found out that he's sells pills and is an alcoholic. He got piss drunk Monday night and tried to get into another neighbor's apartment.

Sometimes I feel like I'm in a boat sailing on a sea of human garbage. They're all just fucking human garbage.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Yeah, 80 year old my father in law had that non-invasive valve replacement, quite amazing. $100K in medicare costs and he lived another 16 months. Died of something completely different. YEAH ME, I live with Romneycare and there are no death panels.