Page 209 of 263 FirstFirst ... 109 159 199 207 208 209 210 211 219 259 ... LastLast
Results 6,241 to 6,270 of 7887

Thread: The little things that piss you off

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Perhaps your behavior has changed in the last few years, but you used to make pretty liberal use of the N word.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    Perhaps your behavior has changed in the last few years, but you used to make pretty liberal use of the N word.
    Wait, HERE?
    Also, WHICH n word?

I didn't think ni**a and ni**er meant/mean the same thing, and neither did the metric fuckton of black people with whom I lived and worked and grew up with (I've been the white minority at most of my jobs,) nor did the black girl I fell in love with. None of these people.were offended by ni**a.

HOWEVER: times have definitely changed and I say n**ga FAR less frequently.
    Last edited by elevenism; 08-14-2018 at 08:43 PM.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Sarah, while I'm glad we're talking here, your posts make it sound like I'm some kind of redneck racist who has a history of calling black people ni**ers.

And you KNOW that's not the case.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    When cis men talk about having big dicks within the context of flirting when the other person hasn't initiated it or it isn't a fetish thing. NO ONE CARES. IT'S NOT THAT BIG IN THE CONTEXT OF THINGS THAT ARE BIGGER IN THE UNIVERSE. IT'S NOT LIKE IT IS A CAR OR A VACUUM. YES IN THE CONTEXT OF FITTING INTO AN ORIFICE, SIZE MAY MATTER A BIT MORE BUT IT IS A RELATIVELY SMALL BODY PART IT'S NOT LIKE IT'S EVEN A LEG STOP THAT

this came up in a different internet space I'm in and I don't want to interrupt people flirting but I'm over here like

THE AVERAGE AMERICAN TUB IS IS LIKE 5 X almost 3ft WHAT DO YOU MEAN "ARE YOU SURE IT WON'T BE TOO TIGHT A SQUEEZE" [insert dick pic here] IF YOU JOIN THAT OTHER PERSON IN THE TUB YOUR COCK IS AT LEAST LESS THAN 10 INCHES WHAT DO YOU MEAN
    Last edited by playwithfire; 08-14-2018 at 09:07 PM.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Yeah @playwithfire , well, what do you expect?

It's always cracked me up that guys think their dicks like permanently "stretch" women.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    No one has had race conversations with me on social media, except to tell me they're happy I'm pro black, speak spanish, etc. Sorry. My bad. It wasn't a good example because it's not something I've actually posted.
    Being pro-Black, speaking Spanish, etc., isn't the same as being Black or being Latino, etc. You do recognize that, right? Because I'm sick to death of people who aren't Latino telling me they totally understand where I'm coming from because they grew up around Latinos.
    Last edited by Baphomette; 08-15-2018 at 12:15 AM.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    yeah @playwithfire , well, what do you expect?

It's always cracked me up that guys think their dicks like permanently "stretch" women.

describing a thing that is like probably between 4 and 10 inches as large is ridiculous tubs are much larger than that

THAT WAS IN CAPS INITIALLY JUST FYI

THERE IS NO SURPRISE HERE, JUST IRRITATION

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baphomette View Post
    Being pro-Black, speaking Spanish, etc., isn't the same as being Black or being Latino, etc. You do recognize that, right? Because I'm sick to death of people who aren't Latino telling me they totally understand where I'm coming from because they grew up around Latinos.
    I think (at least, I hope) that what happens sometimes is people just aren't eloquent enough to explain that they understand the existence and depth of certain race-based issues, but not how it actually feels to be on the receiving end of said issues. Using what you said as an example...let's say I grew up in a predominantly white suburban neighborhood and my next door neighbors / best friends were Muslims who immigrated here from somewhere in the Middle East. I spend a lot of time with them, and I witness on a regular basis the prejudice they face; the irrational hatred being flung at them by horribly racist shitheads, etc. I think it's fair to say in that situation that I understand the problems, to the extent that I frequently experience them in their presence and see first-hand what is happening - but I don't understand how it feels to actually be in their shoes. I won't pretend for a second that I know how it feels to spend a lifetime being harassed because of the color of my skin (as Sarah said, I fully recognize the privilege I've unfairly received by being a cis white male), but that doesn't mean I don't understand that the issues are real for huge portions of our population.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baphomette View Post
    oh FUCK no. I'm DAMN sure not saying I understand what it feels like to be Latino or Black.

I can EMPATHIZE, but no, I DAMN sure... I obviously haven't lived a day as a different race.

Now I've been a WHITE minority in a lot of situations: neighborhoods,schools, jobs, etc.

But that's a whole different ballgame.

I obviously don't know what it's like to be part of a race that has experienced a bunch of racism.

Also, what @theimage13 said.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    @elevenism I have to call you out a little bit here. You quote that deluded tinfoil asshat from Infowars, Paul Watson, A LOT on Facebook. I’d say that’s more than “mixing it up.” It’s concerning.

Somewhat related and on topic, it sets me on fire when I read these memes people post about how they’re glad they got beat as kids cuz they turned out just fine. Fuck these guys. No, they didn’t (many of which said sharers and posters of this garbage I know for a fact are fucked up because of what happened to them growing up). They’re just lying to themselves.

I have embraced and accepted my defects and damage. They need to do some looking inward like I have. It’s not easy or fun but they’ll be better off having done so.
    Last edited by Swykk; 08-15-2018 at 02:14 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    "Old school guy". Follow that up with your list, and I read that as "I'm a sexist old privileged white male".

Dangerfield "wasn't sex jokes"? Have you literally ever actually heard Rodney Dangerfield?

Also, just to kick the hornets nest: shitfuck.
    I said it wasn't sex jokes every 5 seconds.

Sorry you're so triggered by my comment.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    HA! @Swykk I didn't realize I was quoting anyone. I don't know who paul Watson is.

And I went back through what I've posted since march and don't see anything about anyone called paul watson.

And I I do think the absolutely no spanking thing is extreme, personally.
    Last edited by elevenism; 08-15-2018 at 04:14 PM.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    HA! @Swykk I didn't realize I was quoting anyone. I don't know who paul Watson is.

And I went back through what I've posted since march and don't see anything about anyone called paul watson.

And I I do think the absolutely no spanking thing is extreme, personally.
    I’m not making it up, man. Paul Joseph Watson. You’re either following him or you comment on quite a few of his statuses because it shows up on my timeline.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    I’m not making it up, man. Paul Joseph Watson. You’re either following him or you comment on quite a few of his statuses because it shows up on my timeline.
    :/
    I don't understand that.

I just figured out who he was: hate spewing anti immigrant cat.

All i...OH. I know how it's happening. I can guess exactly which one of my friends is posting that shit. Then, I respond to his comments.

Dear god, PLEASE don't think I support someone like that.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Okay I'm pretty sure I'm developing rheumatoid arthritis.
    Haven't been able to play guitar lately, which is basically the only way I contribute to society at this point. My knuckles of middle fingers hurt like hell and have been swollen.

I've also been getting sick a lot and been really lethargic, which are also symptoms.
    Plus, RA is an autoimmune disorder and one of the most exciting symptoms is reduced life expectancy! Yay! And it attacks other organs! Yay!

Haven't been tested yet but I have most of the symptoms.

I'm not gonna kill MYSELF, but if one of you guys wants to randomly track me down and kill me, it probably.wouldn't bother me much.

Jesus. I give up.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Okay I'm pretty sure I'm developing rheumatoid arthritis.
    Haven't been able to play guitar lately, which is basically the only way I contribute to society at this point. My knuckles of middle fingers hurt like hell and have been swollen.

I've also been getting sick a lot and been really lethargic, which are also symptoms.
    Plus, RA is an autoimmune disorder and one of the most exciting symptoms is reduced life expectancy! Yay! And it attacks other organs! Yay!

Haven't been tested yet but I have most of the symptoms.

I'm not gonna kill MYSELF, but if one of you guys wants to randomly track me down and kill me, it probably.wouldn't bother me much.

Jesus. I give up.
    I was diagnosed with RA when I was 21 (my fingers and toes would hurt and my fingers would curl up at night). If you catch it early and get it treated you can prevent some permanent damage. I’ve been in remission for 12 years.

My point: get tested posthaste! Never ever did I think I’d have RA at 21. I’d had symptoms for years but didn’t have insurance and didn’t want to deal with the costs.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    This, but also see if you're possibly super vitamin D deficient.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    yes. it really fucks with your joints. my knees ached for years, didn't know why until bloodwork showed i was extremely deficient. i take a 50,000 unit prescribed supplement. the problem cleared up pretty quickly.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by playwithfire View Post
    This, but also see if you're possibly super vitamin D deficient.
    My Dr told me I had the worst vitamin d deficiency he had ever seen. He prescribed me a powerful supplement, but I only took it a few times (because I'm generally so depressed that I don't keep up with ANYTHING.)

I hope it's from vitamin d deficiency or something!I

Thank you guys.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Here, Vitamin D for you: ;-)

So, while I'm still here, what pisses me off...? Maybe the other way around - winter is my least favourite season, because it's dark and cold all the time and everything is gray/grey. But now during summer I realized winter has its positives - it's much more SILENT. No fucking ATVs everywhere (I live in village), no screaming kids, no cutting down trees, no grass cutting... aaah, tranquility. So it seems NOISE pisses me off. Just shut up everyone! ;-)

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I ordered Mighty Mouse: The New Adventures from a third party seller on Amazon. When it arrived, the third disc was loose and was all scratched up. Since it was a third party seller, Amazon couldn't send me a replacement, so they sent me a shipping label and are giving me a refund. I decided to order another copy because I really want the set. Got the new set in today, and the first two discs are scratched. And I already sent the old set back a few days ago, so I can't swap discs. At this point, I don't even know if it's worth calling Amazon about it.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Family vacations.

I’m getting the worst night of my fucking life in this fucking beach house because literally every person/couple in this bitch has their own room EXCEPT for me, and I’m relegated to the Murphy bed. In the living room/kitchen area. Directly in front of the stairs from the entryway, so I hear eeevery step, word, drink, TV, device, everything. I can’t sleep when I want. I can’t do what I want without making sure it’s okay with the group first. We went to “the pier” which consisted of an hour of shopping shitty tourist trap stores and dealing with people who don’t know what stop signs are, before finally going to the actual pier and just watching dudes fish and talk about fishing, an activity I could NOT care less about. And all anyone can say is “omg but you’re in Florida that’s so amazing.”

Bitch, I haven’t had a full night of sleep in weeks (I worked 143 hours over the last two weeks, maybe 60 the week prior to that), spent 12 hours in airports/planes getting here, and I’m a 28 year old fucking man who isn’t being allowed the simple agency to CHOOSE WHERE HE SLEEPS. I’m an inch away from saying fuck it and getting my own hotel room, what a nightmare. 27 people here. This is not my definition of a “relaxing vacation.”

The people are nice, my family is great, and the views are awesome, but relaxing will absolutely not happen at all until after a wedding, a 5-hour drive to Atlanta, and a 12-hour drive from there back to Kansas - during which I’ll have to stay in convoy with my brother’s car while he drives back too. I won’t get to sleep soundly until maaaybe Monday, at the earliest. I am fucking dying of exhaustion here and it pisses me off that it’s making me so crabby. But fuck. LET A DUDE SLEEP. FOR FUCK’S SAKE. I DON’T CARE ABOUT FLORIDA. I’VE SEEN IT. WOW. IT’S FINE. COOL. PLZ LET A DUDE SLEEP. I CANNOT HAVE A FUN AND RELAXED TIME IF I CANNOT KEEP MY EYES OPEN.

This is why I go on trips alone. I sleep when I want, eat what I want, go where I want, drive when I want, sit in silence to read or just relax if I want, you name it. Absolute freedom. Not this shit. Not with 26 other loud af people here.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    (because I'm generally so depressed that I don't keep up with ANYTHING.)
    i totally understand this. would it be easier to try and drink a glass of fortified milk or orange juice once or twice a week? twenty minutes of sun would work, too, but as someone with bipolar depression, that's almost impossible. unless you have a pet who needs a good walk daily (my method nowadays).

@ImTheWiseJanitor first world problems, man. i've never been on a "family vacation." your rant sounds like a spoiled tantrum.
    Last edited by kel; 08-18-2018 at 04:45 PM.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    i totally understand this. would it be easier to try and drink a glass of fortified milk or orange juice once or twice a week? twenty minutes of sun would work, too, but as someone with bipolar depression, that's almost impossible. unless you have a pet who needs a good walk daily (my method nowadays).

@ImTheWiseJanitor first world problems, man. i've never been on a "family vacation." your rant sounds like a spoiled tantrum.
    I’m cool with that. Just because it’s a first world problem of the highest degree, though, doesn’t mean I can’t post about something little that pissed me off in the “little things that piss you off” thread. I ranted in a post and then I was over it. Isn’t that kind of the point of this thread?

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    sure. with discourse. it's a forum, after all.
    Last edited by kel; 08-18-2018 at 05:48 PM.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Yeah I've been thinking about making a thread for rougher issues.

Because someone will come through here and say "my mom died" or like that time my cousin tried to beat me to death and suddenly everyone is like, idk, like embarrassed about what they had been posting about, as though it doesn't matter.

But then, I think the really hardcore issues aren't "little things" to begin with. Hmmm.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Well, there's the "how fucked was your day" thread

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    And I don’t want anybody to think that I’m undermining or depreciating anyone’s issues. Absolutely not my intention, and I’ll be the first to say that what I came to rant about is the bitchiest bitch shit ever, hah. I was cranky, and sleep deprived, and I certainly don’t mean to seem like I’m waving around the “ugh my family is the worst” flag in anyone’s face, because they’re not, and there are more important and hard-hitting things that a billion people are dealing with on a daily basis that put anything I have to put up with into perspective.

Y’all, you’ve been a part of my life for longer than many of the people I know in my real life. My aim’s never to sit on a high horse and claim my shit to be the worst, especially when I see, eeevery time I come to rant, people who have it infinitely harder than I do in so many ways. I’m extremely lucky to have a family as filled with love as mine, and we’re all so spread out and take vacations so rarely, this occasion being my sister's wedding. But as many people who go on those trips together can attest, it’s not uncommon to hit a point where tensions start to run a little high, for one reason or another. Family drama. I was merely horribly sleep deprived, cranky, and had been dealing with that kind of drama ever since I got off the plane, and just wanted to get it out.

For what it’s worth, there have been several times I’ve come here to bitch about the dumbest things, and once I get to reading everyone’s posts, it sort of grounds me, and makes me realize that sometimes my bullshit is, well, bullshit. And I walk away from the thread wishing that every single person here finds resolve for their respective problems, as great or trivial as they may be.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    getting stuck behind scratch lotto addicts (never under 65) at the convenience store. they always go in with a fist full of tickets to scan, even though they know they lost. then they take forever choosing new ones.

THE ODDS ARE THE SAME. FUCK OFF.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    added frustration ehen they feel the need to scatch off at the counter
    -Louie