Page 199 of 263 FirstFirst ... 99 149 189 197 198 199 200 201 209 249 ... LastLast
Results 5,941 to 5,970 of 7887

Thread: The little things that piss you off

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    i was supposed to see Rosetta tonight (one of my favorite bands, missed them last time they were here, saw them one full show before that, and one song of their set the time before that because my abusive ex started a fight with me at that show and guilted me into leaving) but while i was doing dishes in preparation to make dinner, i started getting hot flashes and became extremely dizzy. i didn't really feel much better until almost 9pm, and the show started at 8pm. at that point, i wasn't going to get myself ready and go. really bummed about it.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    a
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i was supposed to see Rosetta tonight (one of my favorite bands, missed them last time they were here, saw them one full show before that, and one song of their set the time before that because my abusive ex started a fight with me at that show and guilted me into leaving) but while i was doing dishes in preparation to make dinner, i started getting hot flashes and became extremely dizzy. i didn't really feel much better until almost 9pm, and the show started at 8pm. at that point, i wasn't going to get myself ready and go. really bummed about it.
    i feel your pain.
    i fucking PERSONALLY convinced the Old 97s to come play in Amarillo. they seriously came here because i wouldn't stop begging ( they are like the favorite sons of Dallas, where they are a huge fucking deal and have a festival named after them. i saw them between 70 and 100 times growing up and, after moving up here, REALLY missed it.)

they REALLY, admittedly, did NOT want to play in fucking amarillo.

So the day of the show comes around and i suddenly spike a 103 degree fever. i like NEVER get sick like that.
    so basically i talked these (now) LA hepcats, who are friends with Jay Leno and Jennifer Aniston and Zack Galifinakas and fucking Waylon Jennings and X and the Pixies etc etc etc, into coming to the top of texas, AKA the 3rd circle of hell, where the men are men and the Sheeps are nervous...and then i didn't fucking show up for the gig. and they know absolutely no one here.

not only was i insanely bummed about it, they (understandably) weren't very fucking happy with me.
    Last edited by elevenism; 04-25-2018 at 05:50 AM.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    and still... if you blow your life's savings on a game, the problem isn't games... it's that you're a sucker.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    and still... if you blow your life's savings on a game, the problem isn't games... it's that you're a sucker.
    yeah or like a gambling addict

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    I have a few things that piss me off

Not a lot of things actually piss me off, I'm normally pretty chill like I'm on weed but I don't need any drugs. Never done any and I don't plan on ever

But...I really, REALLY despise celebrities or just people in general telling or dictating people how to live their lives. I despise people telling people like "go put down your phone and go outside, go meet people", and while, yes that does sound good on paper...it doesn't work for everyone...myself included.

Mind you, I used to be a lot more social then I am now, but there are a lot of people in the world that are non-social, reclusive, don't like people and have trust issues. I'm one of them. When I mean "I don't like people", what I really mean is that I don't like people who pretend to treat me fair and then just shit on me. I've had that happened to me so much that it turned my views on a lot of people cold. Mostly the teachers at my school, which is also why I became a recluse. Thing is...without out shit like Skype, telegram, discord and all those chats places..... I'd honestly fall into a deep depression because I don't actually have any friends to see...honestly...no one. Trust me, I'd love to meet all the people I talk to online, but I just can't....I'm just too poor for it too, so that's another kick in the face. What I'm saying that not everyone has the same mentality as you do so assuming everyone is gonna think like you do is arrogant and stupid. This is the life I got, and I don't know if it will ever change.

the 2nd thing that pisses me off is the locking cell phones in those bag things at concerts. THAT'S A FUCKING LAWSUIT WAITING TO HAPPEN FOR A GOOD FEW REASONS.

First of all...what if someone gets kidnapped? There could have been multiple opportunities to call for help.....only shit....its locked...and I cant get it out....and there might not be anyone to know this would have happened....imagine that? Or maybe you realized something's wrong and you need to call for help......only you cant...because its locked... and your gonna be wasting precious time to get out of the crowd and doing whatever it is to get it unlocked when you could of done it instantly.

Or...what if someone attacked the place like what happened in Paris? With all that panic...there might not be rational thinking, and having phones locked in pouches....can't call for help, cant call my loved ones, cant do jack shit. What now?

Look, I agree that blocking someone's view with a camera is an ass thing to do...but this isn't how you fix it. You have to find a middle ground that we can all agree on. Just locking them up is gonna create even more problems. There has to be a better way

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    People that don’t use their blinkers.

Learn to drive, you fucking assholes!!!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    People that don’t use their blinkers.

Learn to drive, you fucking assholes!!!
    my dad is the kind of driver who literally screams at people for doing something wrong...and then proceeds to do that exact same thing in the same car ride. lately he has been doing this thing where he puts on his turn signal when he's already in the middle of changing lanes on the highway, gets honked at, and then yells at the person who honked at him. it's awful.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    A gaggle of shitty Hillary nuts (complete with not real profile pics) jumped me on Twitter because they don’t want to acknowledge some facts nor do they appear interested in working together (I was under the impression we wanted the same things). It’s a wasteland these days and that’s sad. Twitter was a fun place for entertainment news and jokes.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    A gaggle of shitty Hillary nuts (complete with not real profile pics) jumped me on Twitter.
    You said a key word that the bots are currently looking for. I'm convinced there are less real people than bots on twitter now.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    That’s likely true for the majority but a handful were real people, I think. I’m on a muting spree because these crazies aren’t going to ruin my day and clutter my notifications.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    When I get an accidental sunburn (on one of the first nice days of spring!) and someone says "wear sunscreen" in some attempt to be informative to the situation.

YEAH GEE THANKS. So helpful now that I'm already burnt. Blowing my mind. Thank you. Wow. I don't need aloe or anything, I just need sunscreen. Phew. Problem solved.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    As a ginger...I just don't go outside. Or, if I absolutely have to, I cosplay as Stephen Merchant's character from Logan.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    That’s likely true for the majority but a handful were real people, I think. I’m on a muting spree because these crazies aren’t going to ruin my day and clutter my notifications.
    I deleted my Twitter account and haven't looked back. I used it to follow certain actors and musicians mostly, but then they (and everyone in their comments sections) just became so argumentative and pushy and preachy about every major and minor political issue. Twitter is the bottom of the internet septic tank.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Matt Pinfield.

He didn't bother me as much when he was on MTV.
    But now that he works on the Lithium channel on XM radio, he has some kind of story about how well he knows EVERY fucking band they play. He goes on about how good friends they are and shit, and it's SO painfully pretentious. Like ffs, I interviewed tricky in the late nineties. But that doesn't mean we're FRIENDS or that I KNOW him.

In his recent interview with Maynard, he kept going on about how long he and Maynard had been friends and it was SO cringey. He made reference to it about five times. I think one of the worst parts was where he said something about Maynard being reclusive and then quickly added "but not towards ME of course. WE'VE been FRIENDS for twenty years!"
    And it came up that the last time he had "hung out" with Maynard was when he interviewed him for eMOTIVe.
    I really, REALLY get the impression that their "friendship" = Pinfield has interviewed him a handful of times.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Richard Blade on First Wave is exactly the same way, his entire show is about him and all the people he knows and he plays music related to those stories about himself, for HOURS. Every. Day.

“Oh yes, this next band you may recognize as the Psychedelic Furs, but I must tell you about my VERY GOOD FRIEND Richard Butler, and the time he and I shared an elevator at the Chateau Marmont and he asked me what floor I wanted, we had a very memorable chat indeed, so here is Love My Way ... by my very good friends...”

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    For those of us unfortunate enough to remember Ain’t It Cool News, one of their featured “critics” was Steve “Capone” Prokopy, and he was their Chicago based guy, so he’d get to host nearly every Chicago area movie event/Q&A/etc. He would make the interviews about him or relate the Q&A to his perspective and dominate the talking time. It was annoying. He was awful.
    I’m glad AICN is all but gone now. Capone sucked but Harry Knowles was the real villain there.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Since when does word "ask" mean also "the question"? Not TO ASK, but "I have another ask." Go to hell, if I may ask. :-)

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    this has been driving me crazy for a long time.
    Dangling participles. Everyfucking where.

I hear them on youtube videos and read them on the internet EVERY FUCKING DAY.

like this one: Plunging hundreds of feet into the gorge,we saw Yosemite Falls.
    Like YAAAAAAAAAH! OH SHIT, THERE IT WAS! YAAAAAAAH!

I swear to god, start listening for that shit and you will hear it EVERYWHERE.

You don't have to be an english major or a grammar nazi for that shit to be baffling. you just have to be a sentient human thinking about what the sentence means.
    Last edited by elevenism; 04-28-2018 at 07:11 PM.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post

You don't have to be an english major or a grammar nazi for that shit to be baffling. you just have to be a sentient human thinking about what the sentence means.
    The weirdest ones to me are when people put the modifier at the end even though it should be at the beginning with a comma. I recently had a student write: "I saw the bear looking through the binoculars." lol

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    "Try this recipe for jumbo sliders!"

Oh, you mean a REGULAR FUCKING CHEESEBURGER...

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post

“The Revolution will be complete when the language is perfect.”
    George Orwell, 1984

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    People, or more specifically, a family member, who says that I'm not appreciative enough... The last time they mentioned it I asked them if they wanted me to send them a Thank You card in the mail.

And yes, I'm appreciative when it warrants an appreciation!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Seeing Kanye rip off Lil' B's entire persona and then twisting it to appeal to MAGA chuds.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantra View Post
    The weirdest ones to me are when people put the modifier at the end even though it should be at the beginning with a comma. I recently had a student write: "I saw the bear looking through the binoculars." lol
    They could have added “while” in there.

My pet peeve is lack of capitalization online, and people who don’t know contractions.

I love Grammmar Girl.

She sums up participial phrases nicely: https://www.quickanddirtytips.com/ed...ng-participles
    Last edited by allegro; 04-30-2018 at 08:03 PM.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post

My pet peeve is lack of capitalization online, and people who don’t know contractions.

I love Grammmar Girl.

She sums up participial phrases nicely: https://www.quickanddirtytips.com/ed...ng-participles
    i hope you realize that i know where apostrophes go.

i just get to typing fast and dont care about them (like that there.)

that being said, another thing that drives me nuts that is EVERYWHERE is people thinking plurals are supposed to have apostrophes.
    as in "HAMBURGER'S ARE ON SALE TODAY!"

its vs it's, i can handle that a LITTLE better.

i'm also fairly convinced that the majority of people don't know the difference between your and you're, to and too, and there, their and they're.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

I love Grammmar Girl.

wow you must hate talking to me. i don't capitalize online because it literally just takes longer to type things when i have to switch my pinky finger to the shift key. when i write formal e-mails or correspond with customers via text message, i always use proper case. but casual conversation in a forum? i don't care at all.

you'll notice, however, that i always use proper punctuation. figure that out in your free time.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Wow, you must hate talking to me. I don't capitalize online because it [literally] [just] takes longer to type things when I have to switch my pinky finger to the shift key; when I write formal e-mails or correspond with customers via text message, I always use proper case, but casual conversation in a forum? I don't care at all.

You’ll notice, however, that I always use proper punctuation; figure that out in your free time.
    I proofread for a living so, yes, I hate you. Proper grammar includes capitalization.

P.S. I mostly type in this forum using my right index finger on my iPhone.
    Last edited by allegro; 04-30-2018 at 11:27 PM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    I proofread for a living so, yes, I hate you. Proper grammar includes capitalization.

well i love you, anyway, and i read the earlier version of your reply so it's hilarious to read this super brief version.

also, that's impressive!

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    well i love you, anyway, and i read the earlier version of your reply so it's hilarious to read this super brief version.

also, that's impressive!
    Yeah, that’s me, I’m impressive.

*belch*

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

lol, hey, I proofread for a living too, but sometimes I've only got like 60 seconds of free time while standing in the hallway between appointments and the only way i can make my comment is by saying fuck it to grammar and just pounding it out real quick. this isn't really an issue on the computer, but on the phone, screw it, I don't want to deal with proper punctuation cause i suck at phone typing. if you look at any post i make, you can always tell whether it's on the phone or the computer based on whether it has proper capitalization and whatnot, lol