Page 189 of 192 FirstFirst ... 89 139 179 187 188 189 190 191 ... LastLast
Results 5,641 to 5,670 of 5760

Thread: The little things that piss you off

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    "females"

Mentioned
    222 Post(s)
    A DMV appointment got completely blown due to them being closed several days after our hurricane here in FL. There was no email about them closing, and an automatic appointment reminder was even sent to me -- showing up on time to a shut building despite power being back up, the appointment still saying set and no notice on the door was a special kind of frustrating, and it took me 3 weeks to get this appointment even (they've been backlogged for ages), so who knows when they'll get me in next?

The Part of Texas Where Motherfuckers Actually Wear Cowboy Hats and Whatnot
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    A DMV appointment got completely blown due to them being closed several days after our hurricane here in FL. There was no email about them closing, and an automatic appointment reminder was even sent to me -- showing up on time to a shut building despite power being back up, the appointment still saying set and no notice on the door was a special kind of frustrating, and it took me 3 weeks to get this appointment even (they've been backlogged for ages), so who knows when they'll get me in next?
    oh that REALLY fucking sucks. I'm sorry. :/

Mentioned
    369 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
    You'll be unhappy to know that they already changed the official definition of literally to also mean figuratively quite some time ago. So, yeah. If enough stupid people do stupid things the bar will literally (literally, literally) be lowered.

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/literally

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/literally

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/literally?s=t

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dict...lish/literally
    oh, for fuck's sake.
    GodDAMNIT.

The meaning of the word will never change in my mind. Goddamnit. This is infuriating.
    Last edited by elevenism; 09-14-2017 at 05:42 AM.

Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post
    What pisses me off: "friends" who remember me only when it suits them. Next time, they are going to get a healthy dose of reality check.
    Those types of people also seem to be the same exact types that have little to no concern about leaving you to constantly search and wait for them. Some of them even have a regular habit of cancelling at the very last minute, or always claim to be unsure, oblivious and say maybe to all sorts of plans and invitations, sometimes even to the point of just having you wait for nothing at all.

However, I understand that saying no can be very awkward too, since people can get disappointed even if you are tactful and direct. Or they're just busy or uninterested, and it also just puts people on the spot. Thank you for somehow indirectly helping me finally see the connection between the two. Those seem to be some signs to look out for.

This also reminds me of some of the other reasons as to why one can end up alone due to circumstance, even while actually making the effort to put one's self out there. I guess that's why I've been often told that making and keeping friends doesn't really need a push at all times. No wonder why it truly is more of a go with the flow thing, with you either simply clicking or not.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 09-14-2017 at 06:58 AM.

Mentioned
    317 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    "females"
    without fail, it ALWAYS makes me think of Ferengi on star trek

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

why not London!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mentioned
    369 Post(s)
    "Christians" who boil Christianity down to
    1. Vote Republican
    2. Hate "Fags"
    and
    3. John 3:16 and accepting Jesus Christ as your "personal savior" (a phrase that occurs precisely ZERO times in the Bible.)

It infuriates me to no end that there even IS a "Religious Right."
    These "christians" advocate the PRECISE FUCKING OPPOSITE of what Jesus was saying and make me fucking scared to say that i follow the teachings of christ (love, charity, compassion, forgiveness,) lest they think it means i'm a gun toting homophobic xenophobic republican who wants to deny people food stamps and healthcare.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    "Christians" who boil Christianity down to
    1. Vote Republican
    2. Hate "Fags"
    and
    3. John 3:16 and accepting Jesus Christ as your "personal savior" (a phrase that occurs precisely ZERO times in the Bible.)

It infuriates me to no end that there even IS a "Religious Right."
    These "christians" advocate the PRECISE FUCKING OPPOSITE of what Jesus was saying and make me fucking scared to say that i follow the teachings of christ (love, charity, compassion, forgiveness,) lest they think it means i'm a gun toting homophobic xenophobic republican who wants to deny people food stamps and healthcare.
    Matthew 22: 35-40

Then one of them, which was a lawyer, asked him a question, tempting him, and saying, Master, which is the great commandment in the law? Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

Mentioned
    369 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post
    matthew 22: 35-40
    amen

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Staying up late making Sushi for lunch...and remembering i left it in the fridge when i'm halfway to work. No lunch for me today.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    So my Google Chrome has decided that ETS is a "Dangerous" site and every time i click on a thread or notification i'm greeted with a red screen insisting i leave and not be here before i have to jump through hoops just to get to said thread...

Alrighty then.

Mentioned
    317 Post(s)
    besides the people i LET use my hulu account (my best friend justine in connecticut, my friends alex & tiff who live here, and my mom), someone has been using my account, on my profile (my mom and justine each have their own profiles) and making it so i can't watch. just purged all the devices i didn't recognize and changed the password. so fucking annoying.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    There's an individual here who says that she wants US to find HER a new job and to send her resume off for her. Not only that, but she FOUND some jobs she wants us to apply to for her. Like, bitch, take your sorry ass over to their website and click "submit" just like everyone else has to do.

Oh and she also has "functional limitations that prevent her from high stress work or duties that may expose her to information about traumatic events that individuals may have experienced" and she wants to apply to jobs like a Patient Relations Assistant and Patient Representative. Oh, you don't think the patients will want to talk about why they're in the hospital? Or that when you review their files to see why they need a patient rep you won't see anything that's traumatic?

One guy - not here, just saw this through the grapevine - was looking for a job that didn't require him to sit for too long. Or stand for too long. Or walk too much. I mean ffs.

I can't tell if I'm irrationally angry about this or not.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    look I'm a fan of conspiracy theories as the next guy, if there is some basis in reality, but one I heard today made my jaw drop, the left is using Harp, to promote a climate change agenda and sabotage the Trump presidency,OK, I'll let you go back to snorting chem-trails, you might want to double up on your next order, of Alex Jones brain supliments
    -Louie

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    I could never hear another song by The Lumineers or Mumford and Sons, I'd be completely cool with that.

Jesus, does every song sound exactly the same to me.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    "mumford and sons".

just the name pisses me off. also this insomnia. my doc gave me trazadone, but it doesn't work. i'm up at 6 am watching rupaul reruns.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    bubble gum stuck to the bottom of my shoe....

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    "mumford and sons".

just the name pisses me off. also this insomnia. my doc gave me trazadone, but it doesn't work. i'm up at 6 am watching rupaul reruns.
    hey have you tried Mirtazapine/Remeron. in a small dose it should make you sleepy. I'm on 45mg but sadly get no sleepiness

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    right now star craft2 after the update progress lost keeps going into a loop when loading
    -Louie

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by InsecureSpike View Post
    hey have you tried Mirtazapine/Remeron. in a small dose it should make you sleepy. I'm on 45mg but sadly get no sleepiness

i sleepwalk. i'm super leary of the shit i take to sleep. i'm scared i'm going to drink bleach or something.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    @kel
    i used to take ambien for insomnia and it seemed to work.
    just another med to add to your list-

Mentioned
    369 Post(s)
    okay part of the reason i'm posting this is to see if anyone else has experienced it or knows someone who has.

i get something akin to deja vu. But this isn't run of the mill deja vu. It's fucking crippling, debilitating, utterly fucking horrifying.

Here's what happens: something will kindle a memory that seems to come from a dream i've had recently. one bit leads to another which leads to several more, but they are almost impossible to hold onto. but there is SO MUCH TO IT that it suddenly feels like i'm seeing into an alternate dimension: an alternate version of myself that has experienced all of these things. Sometimes it seems that these "memories" run right up to the moment the incident started.
    And in this alternate deja vu dimension, something is horribly, horribly wrong (although i can't put my finger on what it is.) It makes my fucking blood run cold. It LITERALLY does the thing where it makes my insides feel cold. It renders me utterly terrified and the fear is worse than anything i've ever experienced.
    Last edited by elevenism; 09-25-2017 at 01:05 PM.

Mentioned
    369 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    also this insomnia. my doc gave me trazadone, but it doesn't work. i'm up at 6 am watching rupaul reruns.
    Sorry for double post, but i wanted to lay this on you.

Man, trazadone never worked that well for me either, but another med called Doxepin has worked WONDERS for me for YEARS.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    @elevenism
    neurologist
    I've notice the experience of deja vu happening more in my older age as opposed to when i was in my 20/30's
    for me the occurrence is usually tied into something triggering a memory from a more recent dream. the sensation at such deja vu moments is followed by experiencing/reliving a feeling or sensation for (what would be a false memory-because it was just) a sequence of a dream being recalled.
    though (unpleasant sounding-) if my blood ran cold or i started feeling like i was having a bad trip, and it was often enough, id have a neurologist check me noggin..

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Jury Duty summons. I got the call and everyone before me during screening made up excuse and lie after another to make them seem unfair to get themselves thrown off. My fucking brain isn’t hard wired to make up shit, lie or be an asshole to get thrown off. It landed me a spot as a juror unfortunately. Day 3 now. This case can take up to next Monday if need be...it sucks.

Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    family drama is such bullshit. In May I asked my sister if she wanted to spend Christmas together: in September I find out she is going on vacation with my cousin instead. She booked a trip to a holiday resort at exactly the same time I am travelling to Europe. She's been avoiding me for years now, and abruptly cancelled a visit to us she'd arranged in April with no proper explanation. I have confronted her about it asking what the deal is, but I get no proper response, just insincere bullshit she obviously can not believe. Now also my wife is saying she doesn't want to go visit our cousins for Thanksgiving: she always privileges time with her family, and always makes drama when it's anything to do with my family. My daughter barely knows my side of the family; there always seems to be drama from them, and drama from my wife about hanging out with them, and stuck in the middle of this my response has tended to be: fuck it, I'm not going to even bother, it's too much aggravation. But now I'm getting frustrated at that, it's bullshit on both sides and I'm tired of it.

Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Trigger warning: McDonalds.

Holy hell... You know, I've put some terrible substances in my body over the years, but I think the fucking French fries I got last night at McDonald's were the closest thing I've come to just ingesting pure poison. I feel like I ate something that was like the fake food play-dough. Twenty minutes or so after eating that stuff, I found myself violently vomiting in the back yard.

What I puked up did not look like regurgitated fries. It looked like pink slime. After throwing up, I literally felt like the air I was breathing was coated in some starchy fog, and that no matter how much I tried to stay calm and just breathe, I wasn't getting enough oxygen. My heart started racing, and my mouth swelled up like I had just eaten a giant spoonful of salt and then chugged it down with a pint of soy sauce. It got so bad I actually considered rushing myself down to the emergency room.

This morning I feel like I'm getting better, but I could barely sleep because of how badly my stomach lurched all through the night. I feel like I should grab a poster board and stand outside the local McDonalds and protest.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    We have a weekly conference call here every Thursday with our central office. It's been going on for years and this is not a surprise to anyone. That's not the part that pisses me off, it just sets the mood.

I send out the agenda today to everyone in the office and I get a response back that the phone number for the call is wrong, and can I provide the correct number. My first impulse is "I have been provided the same information you have. Why do you think I'm hiding the real number?" but instead I just ask why it isn't working. "It just isn't, can you give me the right number." Well the only number I have is the one I sent you. "That number is wrong, here, look." I look at what is typed and compare it to the actual calendar invite and yup, they match. So I send that back and say it's the same number and I get a "well it's still wrong."

OK then.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    i finally get my AV purchsed digital download burned onto a cd and my car cd player reads the darn thing as an 'error' and won't play it...
    oh bother..
    i guess id better stick to the actual CD release of everything music, o/w I'm just pissing my money away and my ears will be without hearing the music i purchased.
    sigh...