Page 181 of 263 FirstFirst ... 81 131 171 179 180 181 182 183 191 231 ... LastLast
Results 5,401 to 5,430 of 7885

Thread: The little things that piss you off

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    @allegro , i didn't mean straight women in general going to gay bars. that's a given. most of them are either regulars or are there with gay friends. these bachelorette groups are another story. aside from it being an obnoxious heteronormative tradition, to these women it's a spectacle. @eversonpoe hit the nail on the head. they come in huge groups, most having never stepped foot in such a place before. it's a very visible difference. there's blatant gawking, a lot of times at nothing more than seeing two men kiss.

and to that i say take your fucking penis straws and your "slut" goblets and go somewhere else.

side note: oh, man ... i could only imagine one of these going on at a place like the eagle. the bears would shut that shit down so fast.
    Last edited by kel; 07-01-2017 at 05:12 PM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    @kel , I think there are a lot of stereotyping asumptions, there; never set foot in a gay bar, before: not likely.

They should probably rent a suite at a hotel to drink with their penis accessories away from the straight drunk guys who are most definitely too scary to be around drunk females. Sure, there are nice drunk straight guys out there but if they were the norm, women would be having drunk crazy bachelorette parties at straight bars. But that is like having a pet Unicorn. Ain't reality. Really, these drunk sluts should just stay home because they can't go to a straight bar or they're assault bait and gay bars don't want them so just party in the basement, ladies!

Some drunk chicks do stupid shit. Especially suburban drunk chicks. They're tourists even at straight bars (pretend lesbian drunks drive me nuts, it's only done for the amusement of straight men). The bar OWNERS can establish a "no bachelorette party" rule if it's a problem. ($$$$$$)

There aren't straight chicks at hardcore bars.
    Last edited by allegro; 07-01-2017 at 05:18 AM.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    @allegro , not at all what i meant. i'm speaking from experience -- these groups ARE different. it's akin to going to the circus for them, and it shows in their behavior.

edit: @allegro perhaps i'm not articulating my point very well (nothing new). read this:

https://www.google.com/amp/m.huffpos...5b96c65b93/amp
    Last edited by kel; 06-30-2017 at 01:04 PM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Edit: @kel , read The NY Times piece I linked in one of my above posts; I separated it out to be more obvious.

I've seen a LOT of bachelorette parties at the Kit Kat Lounge and they are very respectful, but this is Chicago so maybe it's different.

White people going to a black club aren't likely to experience any problems until they do stupid shit, e.g. "Can I touch your hair?"

I don't think rude stupid drunk women are welcome ANYWHERE, for good reason (neither are stupid drunk guys).
    Last edited by allegro; 07-01-2017 at 05:31 AM.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    i see a ton of this in SF and it infuriates me, so many really chill places, invaded, probably a strong word but, that's what it feels like, word gets out that they serve strong drinks play good music, and bam suddenly,it's like T.G.I.F's in petaluma, now, it's trans bars, you want to see a guy in drag, buy a ticket and go see beach blanket Babylon, for a lot of people it's their first time out, or they just came out, and don't want to feel like there are in a zoo. it happened with burning man, there was a thing called bondage a go go, which was a roving club that played hardcore industrial music and encouraged bsmd fashion, got overun and tried to turned into rave thyme,they moved to an email only list, problem solved, now I treat if like the first rule of fight club, now if I stumble into find a cool "underground" scene i keep it to myself or close friends we call them TB&TC bridge and Tunnel crowd that come into the city on the weekends, I try not to be some exclusive snob, just be on "guest rules" and respect your surroundings people there
    -Louie

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    *gets fragile deviations vinyl, thinks it looks cool
    *realizes he hasn't logged on to ETS in forever
    *sees thread concerning fragile deviations, clicks on it
    *skims relentless negativity about deviations vinyl, realizes they might have a somewhat legitimate grievance but dude life is too short to be so upset about it, esp when the vinyl seems pretty cool and you can get a refund if you want
    *makes snarky post on this thread, bounces

xoxox

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Fuck you Interac e-transfer. Fuck you all the way to Hell.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    I think straight folks should have a reason to be at a gay bar. Going with queer friends, wanting to see a queen perform they're a fan of, etc, cool. I'm not keen on straight women using it as their "safe space" unless they're going with queer friends or something. Like, straight women have so many spaces already. Yeah, they experience their own form of marginalization but if you're in a queer space and aren't queer I think you should be suuuuuuper respectful of that.

Do a Paint Nite, go see a male revue, go to a better club or bar where the staff are going to be wary of straight dudes being gross, etc.
    Last edited by playwithfire; 07-01-2017 at 03:10 PM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    There's another forum I go to sometimes. It's filled with the most annoying idiots. Some people just don't know when to shut up, even when it's obvious that no one cares. If there's no replies to your posts, then it's because no one likes you. What I really hate is when people use all caps in the Subject line. Attention whores.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Difficult communication (a friend and I do really poorly in text and I wish I knew how to fix it) can really make me feel like garbage sometimes.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by playwithfire View Post
    Difficult communication (a friend and I do really poorly in text and I wish I knew how to fix it) can really make me feel like garbage sometimes.
    sarah and i have a friend who is TERRIBLE at text communication. there have been at least a dozen times we've genuinely thought she was angry/disappointed with us, and then we end up seeing her and she's all peaches and rainbows and it's just so confusing. i think part of it is that she deals with communication at work (she's the social media manager for her work's internal facebook-like thing and she works at an insurance agency) so she's all about brevity, but sometimes she comes across so cold and self-centered. never in person, though, so it's just something we constantly have to remind ourselves of when we're talking to her via text.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    nevermind
    Last edited by playwithfire; 05-04-2020 at 07:35 AM.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Onions cooked IN hamburger patties or buns, that shit is disgusting. Keep it relegated to a topping only please and thank you, that way it's optional... any other way is just ignorant. HOW DARE YOU PUSH YOUR ONION AGENDA ON ME!

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    oh no. i'm talking whole body being one big hive, tongue swelling up, shit like that.
    and i'm a chronic pain patient sooo....
    yeah.
    i wasn't implying anything, just my own experience. i know you need what you need for chronic pain, but i always wondered if the incessant itch was an allergy in itself.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    i wasn't implying anything, just my own experience. i know you need what you need for chronic pain, but i always wondered if the incessant itch was an allergy in itself.
    i think it is. i think we're all "allergic" to opiates to a degree; that they release histamines and cause the somewhat pleasant itch. some people get pins and needles with morphine specifically, and i know for a LOT of people, the itch or "pins and needles" becomes enjoyable.
    and jesus, i didn't mean what i said the way you thought i did (about being a chronic pain patient.) i wouldn't be that snarky to you, man!
    HERE'S what i meant:
    i am INSANELY addicted to strong painkillers. and now, suddenly, if i take said painkillers i get into like anaphalactic territory.
    So i am having to get off the motherfuckers and it is NOT fun.

For the record, i can only assume that this is my body becoming hypersensitive to said "universal allergy."

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    so sorry @elevenism . i can only imagine the withdrawls. hang in there.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    it's 103 degrees outside. ugh ...

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    for the last few years, we've spent the 4th at a friend's dad's lakehouse (with a bunch of our other friends). this year, we didn't get invited, and we don't know why; we simply weren't on the e-mail with everyone else. when we saw the couple who hosts it at a party a two weekends ago, they were perfectly amicable, but neither of them said anything to us about it. so on monday, when three different people texted me asking if they could get a ride with us, i had to tell them all "we weren't invited." it was awkward and upsetting, but we didn't feel comfortable just going.

so, we spent most of the day playing video games or watching TV. then we went out to dinner. it was totally fine...until the illegal fireworks bonanza that happens in the park down the block from our apartment started at 8:30...and lasted until 11:30. it was insane. our poor cats were not happy.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    I feel you.

My dog, who is 12, doesn't like the ones that sound like gunshots/explosions and guess what the vast majority of the fireworks over the last 5 days have sounded like?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I use e-cigarette, but not here in the office of course - but my boss in his small room next to me does, and I can hear it, and it pisses me off! I want to smoke too, fuck! :-)

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    people like this shouldn't be parents

what a terrible mother. this is not how a parent should behave, and shows a complete lack of respect for the autonomy of your child. it's not about you, it doesn't affect you, and you are being a jerk. get over yourself.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Just two days after I got fully cleared to start working out again, I'm pretty sure I pulled or strained my Achilles' tendon. It's gotten worse over the last week. I don't even know how going to the doctor would help as I didn't completely tear it. There's no swelling or bruising. Just fire like pain when my foot extends.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Jesus Christ. I bought a Chromebook off someone right before I went on vacation. Finally boot the thing up and it's telling me it's got 2GB on the hard drive. Not free, mind you, but total. WTF kind of dick head does that. I mean, first of all where do you find a 2GB hard drive?!? And then when I asked him, "Hey, the warranty screw is disturbed, did you do something to the hard drive?" he straight lied to me. Jesus Christ.

Well, off to go pay another $100 for a 128GB drive.

2GB. What the ever-loving fuck.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    Jesus Christ. I bought a Chromebook off someone right before I went on vacation. Finally boot the thing up and it's telling me it's got 2GB on the hard drive. Not free, mind you, but total. WTF kind of dick head does that. I mean, first of all where do you find a 2GB hard drive?!? And then when I asked him, "Hey, the warranty screw is disturbed, did you do something to the hard drive?" he straight lied to me. Jesus Christ.

Well, off to go pay another $100 for a 128GB drive.

2GB. What the ever-loving fuck.
    pretty sure chromebooks are not meant for storage, they're meant for surfing the web and streaming. they want you to use google drive for more storage.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Truth, except this model had a 16GB drive by default and is upgradeable. I just didn't think that, by default, this also means it's downgradeable.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Oh yeah - youtube. I was browsing for trailers last night and there were "trailers" for Suicide Squad 2 and Deadpool 2 and a couple other movies that I know haven't even loaded a film/hard drive in a camera yet. It's terrible.

Also I hate trying to find the official movie channels for trailers because all the other ones with the "here's the trailer but with our stupid shit at the beginning and end". God I hate youtube so much.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    people like this shouldn't be parents

what a terrible mother. this is not how a parent should behave, and shows a complete lack of respect for the autonomy of your child. it's not about you, it doesn't affect you, and you are being a jerk. get over yourself.
    Jeez this article made me angry. Not only is she a shitty parent, she's spent an entire article painting herself like some kind of victim...fucking FUCK OFF!

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Tl;dr - body image with a quickly changing body is fucking weird and stupid.

I saw myself in a large mirror the other day for the first time in a long time. Like the one in my bathroom shows about half my tits and I see nothing below that. I got rid of my big mirror when I moved last year and haven't *really* seen myself in a full-length mirror in a very long time. Monday I was wearing this shirt (with a shirt underneath), which I thought still fit me pretty well. Then I saw myself in a big mirror and lol'd. This shit was hanging off of me.

I weigh less than I did in high school and my confidence in my body has been at historical lows for the last solid 8 months or so. WHICH IS THE OPPOSITE OF WHAT THEY TELL YOU WILL HAPPEN.

These clothes used to be tight as fuck and now I'm drowning in them and look ridiculous. In my mind, they were a tiny bit baggy, but still fit okay. My image of myself in my mind is like, 75-100 pounds behind where I actually am, and it is fucking weird. I was 1,000 times more confident in my body when I was at my fattest.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    Tl;dr - body image with a quickly changing body is fucking weird and stupid.

I saw myself in a large mirror the other day for the first time in a long time. Like the one in my bathroom shows about half my tits and I see nothing below that. I got rid of my big mirror when I moved last year and haven't *really* seen myself in a full-length mirror in a very long time. Monday I was wearing this shirt (with a shirt underneath), which I thought still fit me pretty well. Then I saw myself in a big mirror and lol'd. This shit was hanging off of me.

I weigh less than I did in high school and my confidence in my body has been at historical lows for the last solid 8 months or so. WHICH IS THE OPPOSITE OF WHAT THEY TELL YOU WILL HAPPEN.

These clothes used to be tight as fuck and now I'm drowning in them and look ridiculous. In my mind, they were a tiny bit baggy, but still fit okay. My image of myself in my mind is like, 75-100 pounds behind where I actually am, and it is fucking weird. I was 1,000 times more confident in my body when I was at my fattest.
    body image issues are SO FUCKING WEIRD. let me know if you ever want/need sometime to vent to. <3

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    I've lost a good amount of weight over the last 2-3 years and I am kind of the opposite where I still feel more comfortable in clothes about a size bigger than I should be wearing. It's weird because I am proud of the progress, don't get me wrong, but when I wear tighter clothes I feel this kinda "trapped" feeling.
    Last edited by Swykk; 07-13-2017 at 08:08 AM.