Page 179 of 263 FirstFirst ... 79 129 169 177 178 179 180 181 189 229 ... LastLast
Results 5,341 to 5,370 of 7885

Thread: The little things that piss you off

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    I am so tired of having like... any commitments and obligations to anyone. And when I let folks down through them it's so much worse.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Wedged between two smokers waiting in line for The Vic (seeing Slowdive) to open up. Fuck. Off.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Got some nevi removed today, two of the little fuckers were on my head and now I am not allowed to wash my hair until next week's friday...I'm working as a nurse and this will be an awful week. Telling people how important hygiene is while having greasy long hair...*gag*

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by reznovka View Post
    Got some nevi removed today, two of the little fuckers were on my head and now I am not allowed to wash my hair until next week's friday...I'm working as a nurse and this will be an awful week. Telling people how important hygiene is while having greasy long hair...*gag*
    what are nevi?

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    My hair is falling out. It's like two feet long and falling out.
    I don't know whether to shave my head or just leave it. I've only cut the hair once in like ten years and that was over five years ago. Jesus getting old is frightening

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    what are nevi?

google told me that's what these ugly things are called...we call it "Leberfleck" in Germany which translates to "liver spot"...
    Last edited by reznovka; 05-05-2017 at 01:36 AM.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    My hair is falling out. It's like two feet long and falling out.
    I don't know whether to shave my head or just leave it. I've only cut the hair once in like ten years and that was over five years ago. Jesus getting old is frightening
    Oh f*** man.
    I am afraid of the day this starts happening to me...I think I'll shave my head then but it sucks... *hug*.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by reznovka View Post
    google told me that's what these ugly things are called...we call it "Leberfleck" in Germany which translates to "liver spot"...
    My dermatologists call it "large freckle from sun damage." I've had a few removed from my face, from years and years of too much sun exposure as a kid. Even "age spots" are due to prior sun damage.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-c...e/ovc-20309129
    Last edited by allegro; 05-06-2017 at 09:52 PM.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    My dermatologists call it "large freckle from sun damage." I've had a few removed from my face, from years and years of too much sun exposure as a kid. Even "age spots" are due to prior sun damage.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-c...e/ovc-20309129
    Sunspots...

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    a band my friend Ivan is friends with asked him to do a remix for them, but he's on tour right now and passed it on to me. i hadn't heard the song (or even seen the title, which is "dead hookers)) until i just loaded all the stems into pro tools and listened to it.

i KNOW it's supposed to be satirical, but because of the upbeat music and deadpan vocal delivery, it comes across as genuine, misogynistic, and like a big stamp of approval for the behavior of stalkers/serial killers. i don't know how to be like "i don't feel comfortable working on this" without sounding like an asshole. (also, i just genuinely don't like the song, regardless of the lyrical content, which makes it even worse)
    @Jinsai any advice? i'm sure you've dealt with situations like this before.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    @Jinsai any advice? i'm sure you've dealt with situations like this before.
    I have. I guess it's case dependent though, really? How much do you feel your friend wants the remix?

In one situation, I just viewed it as a challenge... to take something I didn't like, and found off-putting for a variety of reasons, and make it into something "relaxing." With a remix, you don't need to end up with a version that bears much resemblance to the original.

If it's an issue with morality, and your name, you could ask that you be credited under a pseudonym, and if asked why, just say that the tone is different than the stuff that I put out under my main name.

Or you could say the truth, and that you're too busy with other projects to dedicate the time needed. If that's not true, time to get busy!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I have. I guess it's case dependent though, really? How much do you feel your friend wants the remix?

In one situation, I just viewed it as a challenge... to take something I didn't like, and found off-putting for a variety of reasons, and make it into something "relaxing." With a remix, you don't need to end up with a version that bears much resemblance to the original.

If it's an issue with morality, and your name, you could ask that you be credited under a pseudonym, and if asked why, just say that the tone is different than the stuff that I put out under my main name.

Or you could say the truth, and that you're too busy with other projects to dedicate the time needed. If that's not true, time to get busy!
    it's not for my friend, it's for HIS friend, so i have little connection to this guy, and don't feel like i owe him anything. i think i may just tell him that my pro tools system is having issues (which is true, i couldn't get a 3:19 song to bounce out last week because i kept getting a DAE buffer error which i thought was my 13-year-old external hard drive but turned out to be my computer) and apologize.

normally i'd just bury or not use the vocals but he specifically requested that i keep them as in tact as possible. meh.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    My wife is considering a career change from engineering to teaching. After sharing with some coworkers, many hurriedly shook their heads in disapproval. "You're going to tell her no, right!?" was the common refrain. "No; I am going to support her in whatever the fuck she chooses to do." was my response. Well, minus "the fuck". I happen to LOVE my job, my school and my district. I am sorry that so many who are in the profession seem to not love it.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Grown-ass adults who have to be reminded to do their job.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    People who live in apartment complexes that fuck themselves up and then get mad at management.

Yeah, it's our fault your apartment stinks. Not the 4 bags of trash, the full trash can, the HEAVY cigarette smoke smell, or the two unregistered dogs that have managed to get into the unoccupied bedroom magically and piss and shit on everything from the floor to about knee-level.

It's our fault that during inspections your bedroom door was locked (for security purposes, I might add) and YOU didnt have a key to your own bedroom when you got home because you don't want to pay for a replacement key for the one YOU lost.

It's OUR fault that your dog wasn't on a leash and it was snapped at by a dog that WAS on a leash.

OUR fault that you changed the handle on your front door illegally and have the only key, thus preventing us from inspecting your apartment when you were notified days in advance.

OUR fault that you carried your trash to the dumpster and just left it all out, forcing me to dig through it by hand to find evidence with your name and apartment number on it. My bad.

YAY COLLEGE STUDENTS.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    it's not for my friend, it's for HIS friend, so i have little connection to this guy, and don't feel like i owe him anything. i think i may just tell him that my pro tools system is having issues (which is true, i couldn't get a 3:19 song to bounce out last week because i kept getting a DAE buffer error which i thought was my 13-year-old external hard drive but turned out to be my computer) and apologize.

normally i'd just bury or not use the vocals but he specifically requested that i keep them as in tact as possible. meh.
    Yeah man, it sounds like you wanna opt out, so opt out.

I wouldn't remix a song w/ conditions. Never.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Living in a house share with 9 other people who keep turning the heating on, even though it's nearly summer and pretty humid right now, and having the room above the boiler so it's ridiculously hot ALL THE TIME.

Tried asking some of the other residents (that i actually see) if they wouldn't mind not turning it on constantly, but they were cold even though they have their FUCKING WINDOWS WIDE OPEN!!! THAT COULD BE THE REASON YOU FUCKWITS.

...sorry, needed to let off some steam. As you were.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    Living in a house share with 9 other people who keep turning the heating on, even though it's nearly summer and pretty humid right now, and having the room above the boiler so it's ridiculously hot ALL THE TIME.

Tried asking some of the other residents (that i actually see) if they wouldn't mind not turning it on constantly, but they were cold even though they have their FUCKING WINDOWS WIDE OPEN!!! THAT COULD BE THE REASON YOU FUCKWITS.

...sorry, needed to let off some steam. As you were.

Part of of my job consists of people who will have a broken AC, open all windows, then complain that it actually made their apartment hotter than it was in the first place. I feel your pain. The other fun one, which we had Monday after I had gone home for the day, is "Um, I set my AC to 55 degrees and it's only reaching 74. It's sweltering and we need someone here NOW." EAT A COOOOOOCK. I was there ALL day and you could have said that, but you waited until 6 o'clock in which afternoon. Not to mention THESE GARBAGE AC SYSTEMS ARE NOT MADE TO GO THAT LOW IN THE FIRST PLACE YOU TWIT.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alrea View Post
    Part of of my job consists of people who will have a broken AC, open all windows, then complain that it actually made their apartment hotter than it was in the first place. I feel your pain. The other fun one, which we had Monday after I had gone home for the day, is "Um, I set my AC to 55 degrees and it's only reaching 74. It's sweltering and we need someone here NOW." EAT A COOOOOOCK. I was there ALL day and you could have said that, but you waited until 6 o'clock in which afternoon. Not to mention THESE GARBAGE AC SYSTEMS ARE NOT MADE TO GO THAT LOW IN THE FIRST PLACE YOU TWIT.
    At least you were a bit more restrained but yeah, some people can be idiots.

I'm tempted, as i have the house WiFi router in my room, to just change the password to piss them all off...but i'm not that vindictive

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I'm selling my car tomorrow and I'm internally pissed and torn apart about it, because this is exactly what I want from car (Swift Sport, simple durable engine, very light, very responsive and predictable, makes turns like smelly heavy diesels can dream about), it just fits me, and it's very unlikely there will be something similar in the future (e.g. all that fucking "start&stop" system and touch displays and big flashing recommended gear displays, and unreal fuel consumption EU requirements forcing manufacturers to produce fucked up engines, fuck it all). 4+ years of zero-problems use. But I can't stand all this traffic and parking and stress, I need to get rid of that as much as possible. Remember Falling Down movie? That's me. :-) I am going to walk everyday to next village about 2 km through a forrest to city bus, and have iPad with me to maybe play a bit with all that sw synths? :-) I love(d) driving but it's just not possible anymore.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    At least you were a bit more restrained but yeah, some people can be idiots.

I'm tempted, as i have the house WiFi router in my room, to just change the password to piss them all off...but i'm not that vindictive
    change the network name to "STOP TURNING UP THE HEAT" hahahaha

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    change the network name to "STOP TURNING UP THE HEAT" hahahaha
    That's brilliant! I might actually do that haha

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    First back to work after a few days off and Comic Con and all hell arrived when i was off, and NOBODY DID ANYTHING!

...i want another day off

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Some whiny ass white boy with a sports car he can't afford posted a crowdfunding page to pay for the speeding ticket he got while racing another moron and putting peoples lives at stake. And people have already given him 4x more than he asked for (over $2,000 for a $500 ticket).

I wonder how many of the people who gave that twat money have EVER given so much as a quarter to a homeless person or donated to a charity when they called on the phone.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Do we have a thread for great big things that make you want to HULK SMASH? Because that's where I need to go.

A little back story: my neighbor has a little less than an acre of land, surrounded on all sides by houses. He decided one day that it would be a good idea to let his son (or grandson? it hasn't been clarified) to ride around on an un-muffled ATV. We called the cops - a lot - and they just said that engine noise is permissible. We spoke to them and said it's really annoying, please cut it out. They kind of did, but that was last summer. The kid now has a jeep on top of the ATV and is continuously working on them both. (I guess he doesn't work or go to school? must be nice.) Anyway, same story: The police say the law is on the neighbors side, and that's what I have a question about.

The Code website doesn't link directly to chapters, but here's the pertinent section:

9.14.010 Public disturbance noises.
    It is unlawful for any person to cause, or for any person in possession of real or personal property to allow to originate from the property, sound that is a public disturbance noise. The following sounds are hereby determined to be public disturbance noises:

(3) The creation of frequent, repetitive or continuous sounds in connection with the starting, operation, repair, rebuilding or testing of any motor vehicle, motorcycle, off-highway vehicle, or internal combustion engine, within a residential area, so as to unreasonably disturb or interfere with the peace, comfort and repose of owners or possessors of neighboring real property; provided, that this subsection shall not apply to the operation of lawn mowers, garden tools, chain saws or other power equipment used for building repair or ground maintenance between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m.

Where applicable, proof of violation of the noise level limitations set out in Chapter 173-60 WAC (below) shall be prima facie evidence of a violation of this section. (Sec. 1 of Ord. 1980-03-20; amended by Sec. 4 of Ord. 1991-11-09; amended by Sec. 1 of Ord. 2005-08-17; amended by Sec. 1 (Att. A) of Ord. 2012-02-03)

WAC 173-60-030

Identification of environments.
    (1) Except when included within specific prior designations as provided in subsections (2), (3), and (4) of this section, the EDNA of any property shall be based on the following typical uses, taking into consideration the present, future, and historical usage, as well as the usage of adjacent and other lands in the vicinity.
    (a) Class A EDNA - Lands where human beings reside and sleep. Typically, Class A EDNA will be the following types of property used for human habitation:
    (i) Residential
    (ii) Multiple family living accommodations
    (iii) Recreational and entertainment, (e.g., camps, parks, camping facilities, and resorts)
    (iv) Community service, (e.g., orphanages, homes for the aged, hospitals, health and correctional facilities)

WAC 173-60-040

(there's actually a table here that doesn't format well so I'm linking to it)

http://app.leg.wa.gov/WAC/default.aspx?cite=173-60-040

I feel like I'm reading it right and that not only should the police be telling him to stop, they should be fining him for the actions. I know they're understaffed and that fining is not likely to happen but at least do something, you know?

Right now I've talked to everyone in the neighborhood and they're all of the opinion that jr is a jackass but they won't do anything because "no one else is." Uh, I'm talking to you...? Anyway.

Final little tidbit: jr shot my house with an airsoft gun while the deputy sheriff was talking to us. DS walked over and asked, "did you shoot their house?" "On accident, I swear!" "Oh, OK then." That's the level of support we're getting. I'd almost swear my neighbor worked for the office or something at this point.

I apologize for assaulting you with this wall of text bright and early in the morning. Here's some penguin cookies.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Some whiny ass white boy with a sports car he can't afford posted a crowdfunding page to pay for the speeding ticket he got while racing another moron and putting peoples lives at stake. And people have already given him 4x more than he asked for (over $2,000 for a $500 ticket).

I wonder how many of the people who gave that twat money have EVER given so much as a quarter to a homeless person or donated to a charity when they called on the phone.
    Do you have a link to this fuckery? I'm genuinely curious.

@allegate, yes, there are prohibitions about constant repetitive noise. Document it with an SPL (sound pressure level) meter... You can get a good one from a music shop like Guitar Center for 50 bucks or so, or just download a free app on your phone (though those generally crap out at the high levels, which is what you want documentation of). Still, they'll register that it's excessive... they just won't tell you if a concert is too loud.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 06-01-2017 at 01:33 PM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Got one of those. I video it so I can show the police that yes, it's getting up to 65dBA, way beyond what is allowed. But they say "if I don't see it, it doesn't exist." Then wtf is prima facie evidence?

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    Got one of those. I video it so I can show the police that yes, it's getting up to 65dBA, way beyond what is allowed. But they say "if I don't see it, it doesn't exist." Then wtf is prima facie evidence?
    I'm not sure there, but a long collection of excessive documentation will sway almost any authority away from indifference... especially if it looks like their indifference could come under public scrutiny/ridicule should it be made public or go viral.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    @allegate Call the City, a Code Enforcement Officer, discuss, get their email address, email them the section from their own Code.

We've been going through this same thing for over five years, except with FLOOD LIGHTS. Long story but the neighbors behind us had a HUGE flood light shining into our South windows (so bright that pics shown to the Judge aka Hearing Officer deemed it an "interrogation light" and said it would have caused him to admit to having been on the Grassy Knoll, lol); my neighbor was told to remove the light, he didn't, he got a ONE THOUSAND DOLLAR FINE, still didn't remove it, was threatened with ANOTHER similar fine, then he took it down. We've been dealing with the same problem with ANOTHER neighbor (2 years) and the following has been obvious:

City employees, especially cops but sometimes even Code Enforcement officers, DO NOT KNOW THEIR OWN CODE, let alone what it means or the INTENT of each Code item. Cops, especially, don't know the Code. We had much better luck getting the Code enforced via the City but I'll warn you, I've had to deal with this shit like it was my JOB, constantly following up, and our situation is still not resolved after two years of shit with this arrogant prick neighbor because the City doesn't want to deal with the asshole rich arrogant lying prick who wants to gaze at his pool all night.

Noise and light are both hard to enforce without proof, but a Code officer or a cop need to know the Code AND use you as a witness re noise, and you can support that with proof. MY City has this problem so much, the Code dept bought a NOISE meter. Dog-barking and music is their biggest complaint, per the Code guy I'm dealing with. Your goal is for your neighbor to at least get a ticket (Code Officers can issue tickets) and to argue your case at a Hearing via the City attorney.
    Last edited by allegro; 06-01-2017 at 03:29 PM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Called the sheriff's office and spoke to a sergeant there (training sergeant, actually) about the issue. She said she'd look into it - even the officer who ignored me when I complained about his handling of the shooting - and that she'd also look into the training of the officers so that when they go out to handle a noise complaint, they would know what was going on.

And of course work still has personal emails blocked because of that malware attack a little while ago so I have a plan, I just can't execute on it until I get home.