Page 178 of 263 FirstFirst ... 78 128 168 176 177 178 179 180 188 228 ... LastLast
Results 5,311 to 5,340 of 7885

Thread: The little things that piss you off

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    Allergies. God damn but I hate this time of year.
    you should change your username to "allergate"

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    okay so i just went to run errands and i took my bulldog Spike with me as always.
    He loves to ride in the car and always gets a Sausage On A Stick when we go out.

Anyway, i had to run in the dollar general and get him some food. I was in there for no longer than five minutes. And it's NOT hot outside! it's like fifty degrees!

There were two women standing near my car, all angry looking and shit. And they said "THERE he is, THAT'S him" and looked at me with disgust and then went in the store.

And my dog was all freaked out! These people were fucking with my dog, probably saying "Does he hurt you?"

I kind of wish that somehow he would have bit one of them and then we could have hauled ass out of there.

Fuck people who are so quick to pass judgement. These people make me sick and they scared my fucking dog.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    hypocrites hear and see them to much, make me want to scream now i just shrug and move on */shrug* at least there is ETS to vent
    -Louie

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i prefer @allegater

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    DNS issues. Fuck them to hell.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    STG am I the only one who confuses their name with @allegro 's constantly?

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    My old-ass couch is sinking, and my spine hurts. I'm placing pillows to relieve some of the back pain. Gah.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by playwithfire View Post
    STG am I the only one who confuses their name with @allegro 's constantly?
    No you definitely not.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Person: "I'm all for racial representation and equality in movies and TV shows."

Same person: "It pissed me off so much when the new Fantastic Four movie had a black guy playing the Human Torch. There's no reason for him to be black, because he SHOULD be white."

Not even the liberal parts of Kansas are free of these types of people.

LIKE DUDE THE GUY IS EVEN COMPLETELY ON FIRE SOMETIMES AND YOU'RE MAD THAT HE'S BLACK THO. FUCK.

Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    DOG STORY.
    I once took my dog with me to Walmart on our way to the local dog park, windows cracked and in probably 60-70 degree clear weather right around sundown, so it was cooling off more and more. I went straight to the back of the store for my headphones, went straight to self checkout, then straight to my car - just in time to overhear a family parking next to my car and the parents talking about the terrible person who left their dog in a car. I literally stopped where I was standing and had to turn around to call them on it, because they had no idea what they were talking about, considering I was in there for probably UNDER 5 minutes, he had water, and he LOVES being in cars. But they insisted on making sure their kids knew how bad people like me were.

Hey, I dunno, maybe don't set a bad example to your kids by telling them how bad people are before there's even the slightest reason to think so. You're lucky I'm not an asshole, but the next person who overhears you might not be so non-confrontational.
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 04-14-2017 at 07:31 PM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    STG am I the only one who confuses their name with @allegro's constantly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dra508 View Post
    No you definitely not.
    My bad. I should donate so I can get a custom avatar.

I needed a prescription and apparently it's "special" and needs a doctor to write an authorization for me to get it. (Which is what I thought a prescription was in the first place, but whatevs.) So after some insane back and forth that I'm not even going to get into, I find out the pill costs $400+ for two, which is the prescribed dosage. W. T. F. So then I get a call from another pharmacy who somehow got another prescription from my doc for another drug - which I was hoping was the generic version - but apparently it was over $2k for two pills. So I look it up online and one of those pharma farms bought the drug and jacked the price up in the US because they can. If I went to Canada? Less than ten cents a pill. JFC.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    My PC headphones just took a shit, and the line on my keyboard or the jack hole itself is also fucked so i can't even use my shitty ear buds. And I'm sick too boot. Did i mention I'm crabby?

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Another of my dear friends has died.
    I had been talking to her on the phone a WHOLE lot, to the point where it was making my wife jealous.
    The last time i talked to her, i was kind of short with her. i had asked her not to call again because i was going to spend some time with the wife, but she got drunk and forgot and called again.

My heart is broken.
    That's four dear, sweet girls in the past couple of years. It's horrible. She was only 35.

edit: i'm sorry y'all. this really doesn't belong in this thread. i don't know why i didn't put it in the Death and Grief thread (which my goofy ass actually STARTED) or even the How Fucked was Your Day thread. I would imagine that this shit being here is kind of a buzzkill and looks like attention seeking.
    Last edited by elevenism; 04-24-2017 at 11:02 PM. Reason: run on sentence

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    during what i thought was a civil discussion about religion on facebook, a friend of a friend suggested that i'm a member of isis...i literally don't know what to say but "i hate mondays"

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    trying to have "intelligent" discussions with people who are not, I choose my words facts, and topics to areas I have knowledge of if you answer me with name-calling, refusal to provide me with provable info, case closed conversation over do not try and bait me into getting in an argument or worse OK you've "won" if you want to think everything is a contest and as narrow as "win or loose" you've proven your intelligence to me good day sir
    -Louie

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    I have this like... work-adjacent friend group slack thing that like... fuck do I not fit in there. I post way too much I think. I need a better outlet for talking about kbeauty or something.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    I have this like... work-adjacent friend group slack thing that like... fuck do I not fit in there. I post way too much I think. I need a better outlet for talking about kbeauty or something.
    there's a makeup/beauty thread here! you can always post in there. i'm sure at least a few people would be interested in discussing it.

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    during what i thought was a civil discussion about religion on facebook, a friend of a friend suggested that i'm a member of isis...i literally don't know what to say but "i hate mondays"
    Oh, but you don't hate Isis?? I see you, eversonpoe. *shifty eyes*

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    I was walking toward my car today and saw what I thought was a leaf or something near the mailbox. Turns out it was a green Australian tree python sticking its head out of the mailbox. I got a stick and lifted the lid around 3 times but it kept closing and it scared it away (it's whole body was in there). Then I came back 5 minutes later and it was in the bushes next to it. I think it's living in a hole in the tree next to the mailbox. Scared the fuck out of me. Turns out they are harmless though and commonly kept as pets. This was the only photo I managed to get:

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    I was walking toward my car today and saw what I thought was a leaf or something near the mailbox. Turns out it was a green Australian tree python sticking its head out of the mailbox. I got a stick and lifted the lid around 3 times but it kept closing and it scared it away (it's whole body was in there). Then I came back 5 minutes later and it was in the bushes next to it. I think it's living in a hole in the tree next to the mailbox. Scared the fuck out of me. Turns out they are harmless though and commonly kept as pets. This was the only photo I managed to get:

what a cutie!

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Yeah it was pretty cute. I'm just pissed at it for scaring me.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    @Sarah K unfriended me on Facebook for no reason.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    @Sarah K unfriended me on Facebook for no reason.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    god dammit Ryan

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    My 4 year old nephew with hydrocephalus is back in the hospital, he's had 3 surgeries in 4 days and he needs to get another one in a few hours.

Stupid.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Fucking Planet fitness overcharged me and caused my account to get overdrawn. I went into the club today to dispute the charges and they said that they had issues charging my account which I wasn't notified, and is total bullshit because they have access to my banking and routing number to withdraw the funds directly and I have funds available. On top of that they charged me 15 extra dollars for late fees plus another 58 for canceling my membership cause I wasn't going to have that happen again. Now I gotta wait for the chargeback I issued to go through. Fuck them and their shady business practices. I might file a formal complaint with the District Attorney and file an FTC and BBB complaint. Fuck those greedy assholes.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    And that's the exact reason I told my wife I was hesitant about getting her a gym membership. Can't find one (here) that doesn't have a contract or want your checking account information or something that doesn't throw up red flags like a semaphore competition.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    And that's the exact reason I told my wife I was hesitant about getting her a gym membership. Can't find one (here) that doesn't have a contract or want your checking account information or something that doesn't throw up red flags like a semaphore competition.
    Gyms stay in business that way, they count on people signing up and never canceling your membership. If it was a pay per month type situation all of our gym rates would be for or five times higher. Essentially the lazy people who stay at home subsidize my gym membership costs.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Thinking that you're right just to have everything go down the shitter.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    A corollary to that: Knowing you're right and everyone listens to the wrong person anyway and then act surprised when shit goes bad.

Not talking about the election, but it does dovetail nicely.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    A corollary to that: Knowing you're right and everyone listens to the wrong person anyway and then act surprised when shit goes bad.

Not talking about the election, but it does dovetail nicely.
    Many moments of my life. Or as I occasionally put it, "Being right really sucks sometimes."

The headphones for my P.C. took a shit and as i have no speakers i had to go buy some new ones. I didn't get over ear ones, instead i got some on ear "padded" shits. Sure as fuck these things kill after a couple hours.

*It would also appear i lost my mp3 player and those headphones. Today is not my friend.
    Last edited by Pillfred; 05-01-2017 at 08:26 PM. Reason: Update: Fuckery