Page 162 of 263 FirstFirst ... 62 112 152 160 161 162 163 164 172 212 262 ... LastLast
Results 4,831 to 4,860 of 7887

Thread: The little things that piss you off

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Not a hero, just not there when that happened

But yeah, he was musing about the weight of loss out loud I guess, and maybe that even was his drunken, misguided way to try to say that it could be worse (which would equally warrant a massive STFU, I'm just saying that I'm sure he wasn't being a douche, just clueless and oblivious)... But mom was part of the conversation. She's a good egg so she shut her mouth and took the hit, but it did nothing to improve her mood as you can guess.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khrz View Post
    Not a hero, just not there when that happened

But yeah, he was musing about the weight of loss out loud I guess, and maybe that even was his drunken, misguided way to try to say that it could be worse (which would equally warrant a massive STFU, I'm just saying that I'm sure he wasn't being a douche, just clueless and oblivious)... But mom was part of the conversation. She's a good egg so she shut her mouth and took the hit, but it did nothing to improve her mood as you can guess.
    People say stupid shit while drunk, but people don't really grok death or how to handle death around people who have experienced it. Like, my Mom's son died of AIDS and I can't COUNT the number of times my Mom has been asked "was your son gay?" First, why is that important? Second, no, actually, he wasn't gay. But, it completely disregards the fact that my Mom's son IS DEAD. OF AIDS, which is a HORRIBLE death. It's like they want their own children to NOT die of AIDS so they want to make sure it's not possible for their straight kids to die of AIDS. (Guess again.) My Mom said that after she suffered a miscarriage, people ACTUALLY SAID TO HER: "Well, you can have other children" and "you can get a dog." A DOG.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    I'm pretty sure Eurosport player was made for the sole purpose of spreading misery and pain to anyone who dare to use it. I'm yet to see more unresponsive, laggy, unintuitive, lackluster piece of fucking shit streaming service.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    3 months ago I was on an Australian deathcore bands Facebook page (a night in Texas). I forgot what it was in response to but I posted some dumb meme in the comments of one of their posts. The replied to me and said "nice meme you four eyed faggot". I fell out of my chair laughing, screencapped the exchange and posted it on my page. Fast forward to yesterday, Facebook removes my screenshot and blocks me for 30 days.

BRUH
    Your profile still shows up. What happens if someone messages you?

btw, Cathie wants to know if you guys want to do a haunted house this year.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    Your profile still shows up. What happens if someone messages you?

btw, Cathie wants to know if you guys want to do a haunted house this year.
    I can see everything I just can't like, message, respond, comment, friend request or do literally any interactions.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    When you're on vacation with your friends and you're the only one who can't sleep in. I'm officially old now.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Was supposed to see Rosetta today, but the show was cancelled.
    Supposedly, due to low ticket sales.
    Which brings me to another thing: people in my city don't fucking go to see good bands (or should I say - bands of many genres, as opposed to sticking to just one). The only ones which always get the clubs full are bullshit metalcore/mdm ones. (Caliban, Chelsea Grin, Enter Shikari... no offense but I hate this shit). Dozens of great bands that I like and that regularly tour nearby are skipping us, and local promoters are telling us that these bands weren't even approached for a show because the attendance will be low. What the fuck is wrong with people?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Was supposed to see Rosetta today, but the show was cancelled.
    Supposedly, due to low ticket sales.
    Which brings me to another thing: people in my city don't fucking go to see good bands (or should I say - bands of many genres, as opposed to sticking to just one). The only ones which always get the clubs full are bullshit metalcore/mdm ones. (Caliban, Chelsea Grin, Enter Shikari... no offense but I hate this shit). Dozens of great bands that I like and that regularly tour nearby are skipping us, and local promoters are telling us that these bands weren't even approached for a show because the attendance will be low. What the fuck is wrong with people?
    oh, that sucks. i've seen them a couple times now and it's always quite an experience. i'm surprised about the low ticket sales, i thought they had a pretty big audience in your neck of the woods.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    We have a satellite office that we are responsible for. They keep fucking things up but only enough to be upsetting, not enough for action. They finally screwed up enough to get everyone in a meeting and figure out how to make them take more responsibility. By the end of the meeting I had more duties and they had less. WTF.

My "bridge of support" from my boss is slowing falling down. This is the fourth new duty that I've taken on from others in the past two month. While I know that some of them are due to retirements, I also know that even when those positions are back-filled I'll still have the duties.

Not that kind of duty.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    A couple words of advice to any aspiring Chinese food restaurant owners out there:

- If you have a huge "No MSG" sign in your front window, I will actively avoid your restaurant. You might as well say "No Salt" while you're at it, assuming your intention is to devoid your food of any flavor. Don't let dramatic pussies ruin your food with their placebo 'MSG allergies.' If you're going to be a dumbass and ignore my advice, you should also add a "No Wi-Fi" sign so your 'radio wave sensitive' customers don't get too sick. And be sure not to serve any soda with aspartame or city tap water with fluoride. If you're going to bend over to accommodate *one* make-believe health fear fad, you might as well go all in!

- Do not use styrofoam clamshell boxes in place of the classic 'Chinese food' fold-up paper container with the metal handle. Trust me. I'm currently eating pork fried rice out of a fucking styrofoam clamshell and I can assure you without a doubt in the world that this food would taste, at minimum, three times better if I were eating it from a proper goddamn classic Chinese food container, which I assume are a centuries old ancient Chinese tradition for a reason. BONUS SECTION: There is also a legitimate reason for my gripe and it's science. In a styrofoam clamshell, the food is spread out in a thin layer, leaving a TON of surface area allowing the food to get cold way quicker. When the food is in a Chinese food container, it's all mashed together into a cube-ular shape thus very little surface area of the food is making contact with the air when it's opened, meaning the food will stay hotter and fresher much longer.

Basically I'm saying, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

And it's not broke.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    My old company got bought out 2 years ago.
    Last year they laid off 700 people.
    2 weeks ago they laid of 70 people.
    The director of my department got laid off right after that.
    My boss got laid off last week.
    There's rumors that they are laying off 30 more people in my department.

For fucks sake.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Well that's just smart businessmen at work.

/s implied
    Last edited by allegate; 10-03-2016 at 11:26 AM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    i'll be waking up to leaf blowers and lawn mowers exactly 15 minutes before my alarm goes off tomorrow. though the silver lining is that it will be the last day i have to do so. tomorrow is the last day i have to double up my shifts. no more flip flop scheduling for this bitch.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    Well that's just smart businessmen at work.

/s implied
    We've got customers who pay $100,000 a month for network connectivity who's entire circuit has been down for 24 hours+ and we haven't even LOOKED at their ticket. This place is a fucking dumpster fire.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    My old company got bought out 2 years ago.
    Last year they laid off 700 people.
    2 weeks ago they laid of 70 people.
    The director of my department got laid off right after that.
    My boss got laid off last week.
    There's rumors that they are laying off 30 more people in my department.

For fucks sake.
    I feel you, survivor guilt sucks.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dra508 View Post
    I feel you, survivor guilt sucks.
    I don't even really give a shit about survival guilt, I'm worried about getting laid off too. The layoffs were based off performance so the lowest performing people got shown the door, I'm in the top three of about 50 people. Now I'm worried about them getting rid of my entire center since their homebase is in Denver .

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Just woke up to my paycheck direct deposited with over $800 more than it should. So did everyone else.

Im off work and kind of waiting for a phone call.

edit: anyone hiring?
    Last edited by tony.parente; 10-07-2016 at 12:52 PM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Was on TV this week and I looked terrible. Looked really uncomfortable. I told no one about it so hopefully no one I know saw the program I was on.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    I don't comment on the content of the people in my social circles who go off on conspiracy rants anymore... it's a bad idea.

But I've been seeing them anyway, and there's a weird trend. They're all slowly and steadily leaning towards blaming a "shadow government" run by insidious Jews. Lots of Zionistic plots to make the world bow down to the Jewish puppet masters...

These same people post rants about how the IS forces are actually American actors, with photoshopped evidence that anyone with a fifteen minute primer in graphic design could tell you is obviously doctored...

I'm now convinced that this whole truther movement is being targeted.... and the well of "harmless conspiracy funtime" is being poisoned by a strategic movement identifying malleable and easily manipulated fools.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I don't comment on the content of the people in my social circles who go off on conspiracy rants anymore... it's a bad idea.

But I've been seeing them anyway, and there's a weird trend. They're all slowly and steadily leaning towards blaming a "shadow government" run by insidious Jews. Lots of Zionistic plots to make the world bow down to the Jewish puppet masters...

These same people post rants about how the IS forces are actually American actors, with photoshopped evidence that anyone with a fifteen minute primer in graphic design could tell you is obviously doctored...

I'm now convinced that this whole truther movement is being targeted.... and the well of "harmless conspiracy funtime" is being poisoned by a strategic movement identifying malleable and easily manipulated fools.
    It's frustrating and now understood:

https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...racy-theories/

Quote Originally Posted by Scientific American
    “researchers have found that inducing anxiety or loss of control triggers respondents to see nonexistent patterns and evoke conspiratorial explanations” and that in the real world “there is evidence that disasters (e.g., earthquakes) and other high-stress situations (e.g., job uncertainty) prompt people to concoct, embrace, and repeat conspiracy theories.”
    Keep that in mind and pull in some empathy when they are talking cra cra.

I try my best not to roll my eyes - for Facebook - I unfollow them. I made the mistake of re-following one person. They were still on full tilt about Crooked Hilary. :|

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    that some movies are not available to rent online, but are being held hostage as part of a promotion for streaming services.
    In my view it is lack of easy and fair accessibility that promotes piracy.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    One stereotype that is absolutely true for me is that I'm a dude and very much a big baby when I get sick. This could be due to the fact that I had leukemia as a child and as result of fighting and eventually beating it, my immune system ended up being shoddy at best, but regardless, I'm a whiny grumbly child when I'm sick.
    I've got this rotten respiratory coughing thing (possibly allergy infection or bronchitis? I see my doc on Monday) and it is fucking me up. Yesterday morning, after I woke up coughing, I let out this annoyed grumble. My dog stirred, looked at me and then mockingly mimicked it.
    Last edited by Swykk; 10-15-2016 at 08:49 PM.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    The "primary care physician" who i HAVE TO SEE with the only insurance i can get through the marketplace here is A. a NP and not even an MD and B. a fucking moron and an asshole.

I've been having this terrible, terrible pain in my abdomen and i was scared it was pancreatic, so i wanted to get blood work. The first thing the dude did was come in and rudely tell me that i needed to be seeing my "other doctor" who "prescribes all my meds" and that i can't just "come see him for convenience." I was like "ummm dude? do you mean my psychiatrist?"
    He was then falling all over himself apologizing. My mother suggested we leave (i was in so much pain that she had to drive me) but i decided to let it slide.

Then, friday, i went for an ulcer test which involves breathing into a bag, and they tried to take my blood again. I told them that they already took my blood and was there for an ulcer test. The lady kept telling me i didn't know what i was talking about and i asked her to please, PLEASE just look at my chart. She finally came and gave me the ulcer test, but no apology or anything this time.

Now, in between those 2 visits, i saw my back dr, who is a brilliant and gifted dr and he examined my abdomen (even though that is not his specialty) and told me he was certain that he knew what was wrong.
    He offered a minimaly invasive procedure that promises some relief. I just needed the idiot fucking nurse practicioner to sign a referal. This was just supposed to be a formality.

And the ignorant fucking idiot won't do it! He said "you've never seen me for pain before." I said "dude, that's what i'm doing here. I have terrible pain in my abdomen."

He "doesn't like giving out referals."
    But for the insurance to cover me seeing anyone but the NP, meaning for me to see a PHYSICIAN at all, he has to write the goddamn referal.

I am fucking giving up on insurance as it just went up to $500 a month for some reason.

I don't need this fucking idiot in my life or anywhere near me with a needle.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    You have no idea. A friend of my SiL, the other survivor of their little group during 11/13 made the mistake of contradicting a conspiracy nut about that attack, basically saying "Err, I was there, the people are really dead, the bullets made real holes, and the micro-grenades made real booms". Very stupid thing to do, especially on facebook, the guy started to hunt her down on every social media she was registered to, PMing her, questioning her, being really agressive and trying to find the faults in her account of the events. The guy HAD TO prove she was a shill and a government puppet.
    There's is no way to make them think otherwise, and the harder the proof, the angrier they get. They'll go full-on witch-hunt if they have to.

My annoyance is that my psychologist advised me to have tranquilizers prescribed. I somehow wished my problems were still in the realm of things I can deal with by myself, and the idea that I might need meds to shut down the noise inside my head isn't a comforting one. It's only so I can sleep mind you so it's not like it should affect my daily life, it still feels like a defeat somehow.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    sigh.
    i learned a LOT from looking into corruption and such that might be catagorized as conspiracy theory.
    And there are a lot of strange things in this world. I don't think there's any doubt that there is a bit of an "old boy's network" that has a lot of pull.
    And there are things like Bohemian Grove and Skull and Bones.
    But i can no longer call myself a conspiracy theorist. It's getting too fucking ridiculous, and the idea that every fucking shooting is a "false flag" makes me SICK.
    I learned a LOT, and was often quite entertained by "harmless conspiracy funtime."
    But the well IS being poisoned @Jinsai . The theories are making less and less sense and the people are angrier and angrier.
    Another thing is that when i became a "conspiracy theorist," it was all anti bush conjecture, and a fuckton of it turned out to be true.
    But now, 90% of those same theorists and talkshow hosts are xenophobic assholes who think that trump is the answer and that all democrats want to "abolish the right to bear arms."
    Nobody has proposed abolishing the right to bear arms. It's so fucking ridiculous.
    I will always be skeptical of the news and the government and question everything, and this came from old skool "conspiracy theory."
    But part of it is that i am outgrowing it, and part of it is that it has become INSANELY fucking insidious.
    @Khrz , i have to take psych meds, and a couple of them have tranquilizing effects. one is xanax, and one is a psychotropic sleep med. Don't let it feel like a defeat. These medicines are there if you need them. They are simply tools. You ARE still dealing with your problems by yourself, you are just using an available tool. And you don't have to be on them forever.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    I will always be skeptical of the news and the government and question everything, and this came from old skool "conspiracy theory.".
    that's funny, because I will always be skeptical of same but it's not due to "conspiracy theories;" it's due to intuition and intelligence and curiosity.

the Internet spoon-feeds "information" and the masses automatically accept it as "truth."

Pre-Internet, you had to go to a library and dig through masses of books and periodicals and a microfiche to find information to determine the facts.

Last edited by allegro; 10-16-2016 at 10:29 PM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Pre-Internet, you had to go to a library and dig through masses of books and periodicals and a microfiche to find information to determine the facts.
    and even then, remember that history is always written by the victors of battles, which means that often times, facts are left behind or forgotten.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    and even then, remember that history is always written by the victors of battles, which means that often times, facts are left behind or forgotten.
    I'm actually reading Chuck Klosterman's newest book and that's a part of the narrative. Pretty decent read.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    I had a friend who got a degree in History and refused to believe most history books for this very reason.