Page 132 of 263 FirstFirst ... 32 82 122 130 131 132 133 134 142 182 232 ... LastLast
Results 3,931 to 3,960 of 7885

Thread: The little things that piss you off

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Caught a damn cold. Headaches all day. ETS looks slightly fuzzy.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    I've been on this forum for eight years and I still feel like a stranger here.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    what the hell with the people posting memes and complaints all over the web which essentially seem to be bitching about the fact that everyone is talking about Paris?! It seems like there's a trending comparison admonishing people for not being as outraged about the massacre in Kenya 7 months ago... There also seems to be an implication in there that the only reason people care about what just happened in Paris more is because of a racial component. Holy shit.

Ummmmmm... If you REALLY want to bring up the massacre in Kenya, and you REALLY care as much as you claim, then why weren't YOU talking about it? You know, when we were busy endlessly talking about some basketball player who OD'd in a Vegas whorehouse, or when we couldn't shut the fuck up about Justin Bieber getting arrested, or how excited we are to see if his comeback album will debut at number 1, or when we couldn't stop giving a fuck who Gwen Stefani was fucking, or when Kanye West said something stupid, or when we all pretended to care about tennis for a second there, or when someone gave Ed Sheeran a fucking award, or when Beyonce's sister yelled at Jay-Z, or when Jimmy Fallon got drunk... and is Ben Affleck really getting a divorce? Leanne Rhymes had three abortions! Some shit-kicking country "super star" that nobody's heard of before wore blackface for Halloween this year!!!! Did you hear what Chloe Kardashian said to Ryan Seacrest about her very real struggle to do some shit that apparently a bunch of people care about?

NOW is the time to complain about how we're not addressing the important issues?

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    what the hell with the people posting memes and complaints all over the web which essentially seem to be bitching about the fact that everyone is talking about Paris?! It seems like there's a trending comparison admonishing people for not being as outraged about the massacre in Kenya 7 months ago... There also seems to be an implication in there that the only reason people care about what just happened in Paris more is because of a racial component. Holy shit.

Ummmmmm... If you REALLY want to bring up the massacre in Kenya, and you REALLY care as much as you claim, then why weren't YOU talking about it? You know, when we were busy endlessly talking about some basketball player who OD'd in a Vegas whorehouse, or when we couldn't shut the fuck up about Justin Bieber getting arrested, or how excited we are to see if his comeback album will debut at number 1, or when we couldn't stop giving a fuck who Gwen Stefani was fucking, or when Kanye West said something stupid, or when we all pretended to care about tennis for a second there, or when someone gave Ed Sheeran a fucking award, or when Beyonce's sister yelled at Jay-Z, or when Jimmy Fallon got drunk... and is Ben Affleck really getting a divorce? Leanne Rhymes had three abortions! Some shit-kicking country "super star" that nobody's heard of before wore blackface for Halloween this year!!!! Did you hear what Chloe Kardashian said to Ryan Seacrest about her very real struggle to do some shit that apparently a bunch of people care about?

NOW is the time to complain about how we're not addressing the important issues?
    Similar memes were posted back when the Fukushima disaster had happened. Some people never learn...

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Did Leann Rhymes really have three abortions?

Anyway, to some degree that thought process makes sense though. It's interesting how some people only seem to care about certain tragedies and have no reaction to others. Being pissed off that people are paying attention to anything that happened is a weird reaction for sure.
    Last edited by Archive_Reports; 11-16-2015 at 11:26 AM. Reason: I can't always word well.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    The thing is, people WERE really upset about that Kenyan college attack, REALLY upset. But that wasn't ISIS, that was a Somalia-based militant group, Al-Shabaab. And that was last April, so it's easy for people to claim that "nobody cared" when actually a whole lot of people cared but nobody can remember if anybody cared because it was last April.

There are still a lot of old fart Americans who still can't get over this stupid post-WWII hatred of the French.
    Last edited by allegro; 11-16-2015 at 02:20 PM.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Not to mention just over a decade ago we had "freedom fries".

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orestes View Post
    Not to mention just over a decade ago we had "freedom fries".
    I frequent a breakfast joint that still has Freedom Toast. It's good fucking Freedom Toast though.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    There also seems to be an implication in there that the only reason people care about what just happened in Paris more is because of a racial component. Holy shit.
    Because obviously everyone that lives in Paris is white and everyone that lives in Kenya is brown. I love how they all shoot themselves in the foot with that one.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    the dmv. i had to renew my license today (i'm finally old enough to be president, btw) and the clerk said "awesome" after every question he asked me. every. time.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by c0f3d View Post
    the dmv. i had to renew my license today (i'm finally old enough to be president, btw) and the clerk said "awesome" after every question he asked me. every. time.

seriously, though, the DMV is an evil place.

also, happy birthday? i'm assuming you didn't actually go on your birthday, though.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    thank you. and i did. i always wait until the last minute.

edit: i don't know if this is protocol in all or most states, but in idaho you have to re-take the test if you let your license expire at all. no way i'd pass it first try. during the eye test i called a no passing sign a yield. herp.
    Last edited by kel; 11-17-2015 at 02:54 PM.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    I haven't had to go to the BMV since I first got my license - at the rip old age of 21 - 12 years ago. Online renewal is the ish.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    we don't have that option here. they need a current photo, among other things. all of which are "awesome."

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    my annoying fucking dog. pissing me off right now.

Detroit-ish Area Bacon Taste: Deliciously Maple
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Ingrown toenail. Gonna lop of this while foot. Fucking done with having feet.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    When people comment "Who cares?" on shit.

SHUT THE FUCK UP.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    When people comment "Who cares?" on shit.

SHUT THE FUCK UP.
    HELLO I AGREE WiTH YOU

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    thank you. and i did. i always wait until the last minute.

edit: i don't know if this is protocol in all or most states, but in idaho you have to re-take the test if you let your license expire at all. no way i'd pass it first try. during the eye test i called a no passing sign a yield. herp.
    Happy birthday!

I've never learned how to drive and I'm almost as old as that old TR guy. Without my glasses I cannot see anything unless it's right under my nose. The good news is that I'm able to pass the written part of any driver's license test with flying colors. Just don't get me behind the wheel.

What's pissing me off? Every place that are asking for your driver's license as a proof of identity. AWESOME.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Just gonna comment on the whole license thing, here in Arizona once you get your license at 16, it doesn't expire until you turn 65. You just have to drop into a Motor Vehicles office and renew your pic every 10-15 years. Even after 65, you can keep renewing it as long as you can pass the test (which I think just becomes a vision test at that point) but you have to renew every so many years.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    That pisses me off. There are so many SHITTY DRIVERS out there, I think EVERY MOTHER FUCKING DRIVER IN THE U.S. needs to take a written test every 4 years. Because every fucking day I see some ASSHOLES nearly hit people in a crosswalk, or the car behind me is BEEPING AT ME, LIKE "GO, YOU ARE IN A CAR, CARS HAVE THE RIGHT OF WAY."

NO, YOU STUPID YOU-CAN'T-DRIVE MOTHER FUCKER, PEDESTRIANS HAVE THE RIGHT OF WAY, ESPECIALLY IN A FUCKING CROSSWALK, AND IF I HAVE TO WAIT HERE FOR TEN MINUTES, I WILL, WHILE THIS FAMILY WALKS ACROSS THE STREET, AND THEN I AM GONNA GET OUTA THIS CAR AND BEAT YOUR LOUIS VUITTON MERCEDES LATE-FOR-A-MANICURE RUDE FUCKING UGLY ASS. DON'T MAKE ME GO DETROIT ON YOU, BITCH, LEARN THE RULES OF THE ROAD.

And don't EVEN get me started on these IDIOTS who don't care what the stop sign on a school bus means ...
    Last edited by allegro; 11-17-2015 at 11:23 PM.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    That pisses me off. There are so many SHITTY DRIVERS out there, I think EVERY MOTHER FUCKING DRIVER IN THE U.S. needs to take a written test every 4 years. Because every fucking day I see some ASSHOLES nearly hit people in a crosswalk, or the car behind me is BEEPING AT ME, LIKE "GO, YOU ARE IN A CAR, CARS HAVE THE RIGHT OF WAY."

NO, YOU STUPID YOU-CAN'T-DRIVE MOTHER FUCKER, PEDESTRIANS HAVE THE RIGHT OF WAY, ESPECIALLY IN A FUCKING CROSSWALK, AND IF I HAVE TO WAIT HERE FOR TEN MINUTES, I WILL, WHILE THIS FAMILY WALKS ACROSS THE STREET, AND THEN I AM GONNA GET OUTA THIS CAR AND BEAT YOUR LOUIS VUITTON MERCEDES LATE-FOR-A-MANICURE RUDE FUCKING UGLY ASS. DON'T MAKE ME GO DETROIT ON YOU, BITCH, LEARN THE RULES OF THE ROAD.

And don't EVEN get me started on these IDIOTS who don't care what the stop sign on a school bus means ...
    LOLOLOLOLOLOL

For me, it's fucking goddamn right wing nut jobs that i went to school with spouting ignorant nonsense on my facebook page, and also some members of forums that i frequent.

But it's mostly people that i went to school with.

Also, at that hotel where we spend like 3 or four months a year, they had a bluegrass festival. So i played and played and played and everyone was loving me, and then it came out that i was i democrat.
    I seriously thought they were gonna kick my ass. They accused me of being a muslim (as if being a muslim was like being a Nazi,) among other things.
    It was really saddening to see how EVERY ONE OF THE MUSICIANS i had been playing with for three days were insanely right wing.

I think that 99 percent of people in this part of the state are insanely right wing.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wizfan View Post
    I've been on this forum for eight years and I still feel like a stranger here.
    I can somehow still relate to that on a general scale even though it does not aggravate and irritate me either. I even sometimes feel that way the most on Facebook, but not Twitter as it felt and looked a lot more natural to remain on the sidelines at Twitter. However, feeling like a stranger and being a stranger and feeling and being out of place was something that I've always dealt with just about anywhere and everywhere. And then there's also the fact that I often just stay at home or near home while in privacy and/or solitude. (Which is sometimes not done by choice at all.)

@elevenism - Speaking of Facebook, I can also relate to what you mean when you talk about your experiences about being around a lot of right wingers. The majority of people that I've ever known and met in real life such as family, friends and acquaintances are Christian conservatives as was I born and reared in and with the Christian faith. To tie this in with what I've said to wizfan, it also lead me to feeling left out in some ways too.

I still find it interesting though. The majority of them are politically Republican and conservative. As far as religion goes, just about all of them are Protestant and of the Seventh-day Adventist faith. The rest of them are Roman Catholics which are also mostly Republican and conservative. Echoing the Sound was also one of the very first sites that showed me beliefs, views and life itself outside of the religious right and prior to that, I thought that I was completely alone.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 11-19-2015 at 01:02 PM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    might have sprained two of the fingers on my right hand last night, carry some drums into a bar to play one song with one of my band-mates as part of an 80s cabaret night (we did a cover of eddie money's "shakin'"). it was a lot of fun but my fingers are making it really hard to perform pretty basic tasks (except, strangely, typing), besides the horrible pain that is radiating from them all the way up my arm. i had to cancel a service call today (where i was supposed to install a modem and router for a woman who is finally ready to join the 21st century) and i'm not sure how long it'll be until i can properly use my hand.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Forgetting to get my flu vaccine then getting the flu.

tony you dumb

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    Forgetting to get my flu vaccine then getting the flu.

tony you dumb
    Ohhhhh, shit, I gotta go get my flu shot, too ... I keep forgetting it, I haven't gotten the flu in YEARS ...

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Ohhhhh, shit, I gotta go get my flu shot, too ... I keep forgetting it, I haven't gotten the flu in YEARS ...
    Didn't think I was sick, went to the gym, realized 10 minutes in I'm hella sick.
    Who wants to set up a gofundme for my funeral?

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    In 2009, I got the H1N1 flu before the massive vaccination campaign. I was soooo sick!

As for what's pissing me off: orthopedic shoes that cost a fortune and that make a squeaking sound when walking. Squeak, squeak, squeak, squeak...

Detroit-ish Area Bacon Taste: Deliciously Maple
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    ... DON'T MAKE ME GO DETROIT ON YOU, BITCH ...
    I may or may not have gotten in a fistfight at a stop sign before.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Fat Matt View Post
    I may or may not have gotten in a fistfight at a stop sign before.
    I love it.