Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Prometheus

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Prometheus

Cant believe this isnt already in here yet.
    Prometheus, Riddley Scott's "Not an Alien prequel" Alien Prequel.
    Dodgey quality trailer leaked now.... not sure ive been this excited to see a film in the cinema ever. Hope it doesnt suck.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I watched the trailer last night. I've never been so pumped from such a low quality bootleg trailer. From what I could make out I think this looks promising!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    I didn't get to see the trailer but all this excitement over it got me looking for whatever info we have on the movie. And damn it, although I know that all this talk about "ideas that are bigger, way more original and way more profound than those of Alien" is part of the hype, I can't help but feeling hyped! Damn the weakness of my soul...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I am so excited for this movie it's ridiculous. Firstly it's reigning back the whole Alien franchise and hopefully saying 'yeah well all those other movies were fanfic and didn't happen' and creating this new universe (which rumour has it will extend into the Blade Runner sequel), secondly it might actually do a good 'ancient aliens' style story that isn't full of the cliche's we've seen - if I see even one crystal skull I'm going to be most upset.

I have two friends who worked on this movie... just throwing that out there - you cannot get them to talk about it on fear of death. This is more closely guarded than a Doctor Who episode. What I do know is that:

a) We've got a sort of The Thing in space style horror
    b) It's about meeting our makers
    c) There ARE Xenomorphs in the movie and they are massive. That said they play such a tiny part in the movie towards the end and by then you won't care.
    d) They have basically filmed two movies, a PG-13 and an R-Rated version.

The trailer from what I've seen looks amazing. You've got Inception style horns overlayed with the original Alien trailer score and a bit of silence before a horrifying 'PLEEEEEASE!' and then some H.R.Gigrt derelict and a Space Jockey chair coming out of the floor... this movie is hopefully going to be an Alien fanboy's wet dream and an answer to the prayers of any sci-fi fan. Hopefully If Fox don't fuck it up.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    This is just one of those films you just know will be good. Ridley scott is a legend very few directors can hold a candle to some of the wonders he can do with a camera.
    Only other living director is speilberg who has as much respect from the mainstream studios in hollywood.
    Sciene fiction is his thing where he excels.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I don't know. Scott gets a lot of love (deservedly) for Blade Runner and Alien, but those are thirty years old, and the rest of his work has occupied a fairly limited range between 'okay' and 'pretty good'. To suggest he excels at science fiction seems a little off: these were two of his first features, and it could be the quality we recognize is borne out of the 'new, enthusiastic, driven director' factor and not so much Scott's prowess with the genre. He hasn't offered much since to suggest one way or the other.

He carries a lot of mainstream cred, true, but his real rank among all film directors probably wouldn't even skirt the top twenty.

That said, while not chomping at the bit, I'm definitely interested in this project.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvus T. Cosmonaut View Post
    I don't know. Scott gets a lot of love (deservedly) for Blade Runner and Alien, but those are thirty years old, and the rest of his work has occupied a fairly limited range between 'okay' and 'pretty good'. To suggest he excels at science fiction seems a little off: these were two of his first features, and it could be the quality we recognize is borne out of the 'new, enthusiastic, driven director' factor and not so much Scott's prowess with the genre. He hasn't offered much since to suggest one way or the other.

He carries a lot of mainstream cred, true, but his real rank among all film directors probably wouldn't even skirt the top twenty.

That said, while not chomping at the bit, I'm definitely interested in this project.
    It could also come out of the fact that he was a director for hire on both of those projects bought in at the end of the creative process (which he was and if I remember correctly he was the third director attached to Blade Runner before it was made). The origin of both Alien and Blade Runner has a lot to do with the failure of Jodorowsky's Dune. After Dune fell through the creative talent assembled then went on to make Alien and Blade Runner. Scott is a solid commercial director who can pull all the elements together with a lot of success but the ingredients that are responsible for the level of creativity invested in those original projects aren't there this time.
    Last edited by Lutz; 12-03-2011 at 05:22 PM.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    anyone knows when the official trailer is going to leak? I'm way too excited for this movie.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutz View Post
    It could also come out of the fact that he was a director for hire on both of those projects bought in at the end of the creative process (which he was and if I remember correctly he was the third director attached to Blade Runner before it was made). The origin of both Alien and Blade Runner has a lot to do with the failure of Jodorowsky's Dune. After Dune fell through the creative talent assembled then went on to make Alien and Blade Runner. Scott is a solid commercial director who can pull all the elements together with a lot of success but the ingredients that are responsible for the level of creativity invested in those original projects aren't there this time.
    True, but I'm hoping that Ridley's familiarity with the Alien universe, the elements that make it so morbidly appealing and the fact that he (probably) has a special emotional attachment to it will bring out the best in him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Oh so apparently Tara from True Blood is in this. I guess they're just lucky in space they won't be able to hear her screaming.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutz View Post
    Oh so apparently Tara from True Blood is in this. I guess they're just lucky in space they won't be able to hear her screaming.
    I find that actress very annoying. At least her character on True Blood is anyway. . .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nin64 View Post
    I find that actress very annoying. At least her character on True Blood is anyway. . .
    She is probably tied with Summer Glau for actress with the most blatant "don't typecast me" publicity photos.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Possible Story plot leak.

http://www.prometheus-movie.com/news/83

Could also be fanboy wet dream.
    Still interesting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex of scotland View Post
    Possible Story plot leak.http://www.prometheus-movie.com/news/83Could also be fanboy wet dream.Still interesting.
    With the big twist being the original Alien timeline has now been written over with the Blade Runner timeline. TWIST. :S

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    the official trailer will be out on thursday:

http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/fox/prometheus/

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Apparently an official trailer is imminent on Thursday. Also, there are two television teasers available already, but they're nothing much, they're more like trailers for the upcoming trailer...go figure!

Last edited by Alexandros; 12-20-2011 at 03:08 AM. Reason: Forgot to add links

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

this hasn't been posted yet? It's the trailer people!

Looks like a 70s classic... how amazing and odd.

This really looks like its going to be something else. Wow.

Edit: If this is the one everyone at the top as seen, sorry!!!
    Last edited by littlemonkey613; 12-21-2011 at 02:33 AM.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    It is the same, but in a much improved quality. It appears that this is the trailer that will be officialy released tomorrow after all. Now I am a bit disappointed, because I was under the impression that the (previously) leaked bootleg version was just an unofficial teaser, and the first official trailer would be an expanded version of that. Oh well...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ^^^I think we were lead to believe that because the teaser for the trailer was all footage that isn't in that trailer.

A lot of the shots look specifically designed for pop out of the screen 3D. Objects directly in the middle of the screen moving in or out that will produce the hovering in the middle of the audience effect and lots of things lined up to a specific vanishing point.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    The second leak of the official trailer (better quality) has leaked, I think that's what littlemonkey613 had embedded but unfortunately FOX have got that one. Has anyone got a copy that FOX haven't found?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I saw the trailer yesterday...it's playing right before The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo in theaters...

All I will say after seeing it is: if this is not an ALIEN prequel, I don't know what is!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ HD version below! \/ \/ \/ \/ \/

2nd edit: It's also better with snowflakes IMHO. . .
    Last edited by NIN64; 12-22-2011 at 01:35 PM. Reason: Superior version was posted below.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    HD Version of trailer. Spot the 'Space Jockey' pilot without his biosuit on to the far right of the jockey chair as it rises from the floor. He's big and he's bald.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Interesting trailer. Though, it's more of a 'look at all this awesome CGI' trailer than a 'this movie has a great plot' trailer.

As someone on reddit said, if 'Alien' was made today, the trailers would be so much different.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Could someone help an ESL person please?

What is being said in the first seconds of the trailer? I can only make out these lines:

-"I was wrong"
    -"You were so wrong"
    -"I'm so sorry"

I think the first line may be "You don't understand?"

And I can't wait for this either. Ever since I've seen Alien, I've always wanted to know what was the story of the Space Jockey. 30 years is a long time to wait!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    Interesting trailer. Though, it's more of a 'look at all this awesome CGI' trailer than a 'this movie has a great plot' trailer.

As someone on reddit said, if 'Alien' was made today, the trailers would be so much different.
    Except if you read up on the making of this movie and interviews with the cast you'll understand that Ridley Scott uses very little CGI in it. About 90% of this film's sets and effects are hand-built.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    after seeing three teasers for a trailer, it turns out it's a teaser too! wooooooo!

pretty psyched!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Here's a screenshot of my favourite part for obvious reasons. Check out what is probably the Space Jockey sans suit by the 's'

Last edited by owinn; 12-22-2011 at 02:05 PM.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by owinn View Post
    Except if you read up on the making of this movie and interviews with the cast you'll understand that Ridley Scott uses very little CGI in it. About 90% of this film's sets and effects are hand-built.
    I'll be honest, I'd never heard of this movie before today. That's very, very awesome to hear though.