Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: Revolution (New Series on NBC Fall 2012)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Revolution (New Series on NBC Fall 2012)

This looks like something I'd watch.

I've always had this strange obsession with what would happen if all modern technology suddenly broke down. I'll tune into this one!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Looks intriguing, I'll check it out.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Maybe I'm disillusioned at this point but while this sounds kinda cool, afraid to get into another show with a cool concept only for it to get shit canned.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I have the same trepidation with NBC since Kings. But with Abrams on board it's likely to do OK I would hope.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    no electricity no nothing, but people still find a way to look hot... and clean

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Interesting that Jon Favreau is tapped to direct the first episode. Also it essentially proves that Giancarlo Esposito is unable to play anything other than a straight badass.

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    In spite of Esposito being on this, the trailer made it look kind of bland (it has that network TV sheen to it that drives me crazy). Depending on word of mouth, I might check out the pilot or something. I haven't completely written it off, but the trailer left me unimpressed.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Agreed. I'm kinda with Piko, it seems that as the years roll on, there are fewer and fewer shows I expect to even make it to season two anymore.

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    ^^Especially not on network TV. It seems like 90% of shows on network get cancelled by the end of the first season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Watching the trailer I couldn't help but wonder why no one was using modern guns. Not like there isn't enough guns and ammo for every one.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Gustavo fring.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PooPooMeowChow View Post
    Watching the trailer I couldn't help but wonder why no one was using modern guns. Not like there isn't enough guns and ammo for every one.
    Wouldn't modern guns have... modern technology?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I thought the show was about electricity disappearing?? Don't need that to use an Ak or M16.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The trailer said everything. Yes, they specifically mentioned electricity, but they also said even batteries. So, who knows what all will be affected.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I saw a commercial for this last night and it had Vast playing in it. I'm really looking forward to this show. Moreso than I was Terra Nova or Falling Skies, and I was quite excited for those two. I just love post-civilization stories.

As for the guns, maybe the bulk of them are controlled? Perhaps ammo has run out and there's not really any way to make more? I'm sure it will be addressed.
    Last edited by Goldfoot; 06-12-2012 at 01:37 PM. Reason: I listen to Fugees out of spite for Lauryn.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Does anybody still watch this?

I think the second season is a massive improvement although there are certain characters (Aaron) i wish they'd just kill off.