Thread: Prometheus

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    The biggest plot hole for me was that Spoiler: Shaw decided to fly to another planet on an alien ship with none of the food, water, basic needs required to survive a trip longer than a couple of days. What was she going to do, wing it by trying to eat the aliens?

They should start the sequel by having Shaw die of starvation in the first 10 minutes.

Unless she was going to hide out in the engineer's hypersleep pod thingie. Even so, it's fucking stupid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ^^For me, that's where suspension of disbelief comes in. Food is never really something that is discussed in movies like this, nor is going to the bathroom. How many movies actually make mention of a lot of natural things that people must do rather frequently? I mean, I understand your point; she does only have enough food that will fit in her pack. At the same time, we don't know that there's enough fuel to even go anywhere. Maybe after 2k years all the wires in that ship corroded. If you really want to break it down, I'm sure you could find a reason that none of the entire movie should have taken place, but, as I said, that's where suspension of disbelief comes in.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldfoot View Post
    Food is never really something that is discussed in movies like this, nor is going to the bathroom.
    Nobody on Star Trek took a shit for half a century.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DF118 View Post
    The biggest plot hole for me was that Spoiler: Shaw decided to fly to another planet on an alien ship with none of the food, water, basic needs required to survive a trip longer than a couple of days. What was she going to do, wing it by trying to eat the aliens?

They should start the sequel by having Shaw die of starvation in the first 10 minutes.

Unless she was going to hide out in the engineer's hypersleep pod thingie. Even so, it's fucking stupid.
    Spoiler: Well there's the thing, the Engineers aren't really alien, they're supposed to be our ancestors. They'll have more or less the same survival requirements as Shaw, so the ship should be stocked with anything she'll need. Just a question of finding it.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DF118 View Post

i assume if we see a sequel she will use the pod. thats the first thing i thought of when she flew away.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    i assume if we see a sequel she will use the pod. thats the first thing i thought of when she flew away.
    She might not need it at all if she end up landing on lv-426 (the actual planet from Alien), which is supposedly not far away