Thread: Prometheus

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    As far as "intelligent", well designed, practical effect sci fi goes I thought this was barely on par with say Species 2.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutz View Post
    As far as "intelligent", well designed, practical effect sci fi goes I thought this was barely on par with say Species 2.
    Then you need to get your eyes checked. Seriously.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutz View Post
    I haven't seen it yet, so I don't really know. The ad for Prometheus blows the movie Species 2 away though, so I have a hard time believing you here.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I haven't seen it yet, so I don't really know. The ad for Prometheus blows the movie Species 2 away though, so I have a hard time believing you here.
    Yeah you're kinda throwin' a cookie to the trolls I think...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Yeah you're kinda throwin' a cookie to the trolls I think...
    It's one of those movies. Alien, Batman and Star Wars attract all extremes of dork.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    It's hard to believe until you see it but the trailer is literally a small clip taken from each scene in the movie and linked together. If you've seen the trailer you've literally seen the whole movie. I've gone over it in my head and apart from the creatures (which were shown in the later trailers) there isn't a single scene missing from the original trailer.

And re. being a troll. Maybe take a look back through my previous movie posts and see if I haven't given some good explanations for why I dislike movies and if it isn't framed within a bigger appreciation of movies.

I didn't compare this to Species because it had better ideas, better pacing and better design. Also note that I chose those three specific (intelligent, well designed, practical effects) because I considered them the main draw seeing this (like Alien/Blade Runner). I also considered that many other people would and understand that sort of comparison.