Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Prometheus

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    double post
    Last edited by dlb; 05-07-2012 at 06:00 PM.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nin64 View Post
    This is cool and all, but we haven't gotten any confirmation from the studio or the MPAA. What most people don't realize is that the rating on the ticket prints out to be whatever the General Manager at any specific movie theatre punches into the scheduling program...

"20th Century Fox has confirmed Prometheus will be rated R for “sci-fi violence including some intense images, and brief language."

http://collider.com/prometheus-rating-rated-r/164532/

But yeah, still no 100% proof until I read an official statement.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post

"20th Century Fox has confirmed Prometheus will be rated R for “sci-fi violence including some intense images, and brief language."

http://collider.com/prometheus-rating-rated-r/164532/

But yeah, still no 100% proof until I read an official statement.
    Sweet. I read that article this afternoon before that confirmation update. Pretty psyched about this. I'm really hoping that this movie shocks modern desensitized theatre audiences like Alien did back in 1979!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Interesting - though according to IMAX here in the UK it's going to be a 15 rating. To put that into perspective, Alien is an 18 rated movie.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by owinn View Post
    Interesting - though according to IMAX here in the UK it's going to be a 15 rating. To put that into perspective, Alien is an 18 rated movie.
    Terminator was too, but standards change and it was recently reclassified as a 15.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Ratings are a mess and tend to chance from country to country and from time to time.

All the Alien movies except for AvP:R received a rating for 16 year olds in Germany which is what Prometheus will be getting, too. On the other hand there are movies that are R rated in the UK, but get a 12 year old rating over here and vice versa.

But yeah, judging from the latest trailer and the overall synopsis of the movie, I think we're in for a thrilling ride. And some well put violence works better and more harrowing than a typical X rated (is that even a proper rating anymore?) slasher.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    and here's final proof that it is rated r:

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    ^^ Salivating. It's so close now!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The difference in R rating between countries is normally for sex content though.

Foreign movies that have mild sexual content tend to get an R rating in the US even when they are PG elsewhere.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Damn it, I even had a dream about the movie yesterday! I don't recall it exactly, but I think it was mostly scenes I have already seen in the trailer with a bit of embelishment of my own, and it was terrifying! I really, really want to be disturbed by this movie.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Im glad this has an adult rating in the U.S. This film is related to the Alien films after all. But judging from the (good)trailer and the 15 certificate in the UK this does look slightly less disturbing, violent and dark than say Alien 3.

That does not mean it looks worse, the story sounds great but i can just tell already its not going to be as brutal as the other Alien films were. Looks like more of an interesting exploration picture.

Not entirely sure of how this is related to the other Alien films but, my view is that any film which has that horrific alien beast in it should bee given a R rating or and 18 in UK certificate. Because it is simply the most vile, nasty, predatory, dangerous, soulless creature ever created for the screen. Any scene that slimy creature is in always sends shivers down my spine.

I get a feeling that the lower age certificate in the UK is only because the story is slightly different. I hope its not because interfering execs.
    But Ridley being Ridley is not the kind of director to take shit from people, its his way or the highway. So i have faith it will be good either way.

Im not saying i want LOADS OF BLOOD i just want it to be like any Alien film should be......scary and hopefully nothing will get in the way of that in this film.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I'm happy it got an R rating, but I wouldn't have been deterred by it if it was PG-13. I'm way more of a science fiction fan, and I enjoyed Alien as a really intelligent sci-fi thriller than a horror movie. Everything I'm hearing is telling me Prometheus will deliver on the former way more than the latter, and I'm all for that.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Here is the official OST track list. One track title gives away the production name of the alien serpent creature seen in the international trailer...

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    the tracklist is not too revealing I think, but Spoiler: "Friend From The Past" has me excited.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Entertainment Weekly has 17 exclusive new pics of Prometheus

The fifth one is so creepy I'm going to have nightmares for sure. The b/w one of Noomi Rapace and Ridley Scott is gorgeous though.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post
    Entertainment Weekly has 17 exclusive new pics of Prometheus

The fifth one is so creepy I'm going to have nightmares for sure. The b/w one of Noomi Rapace and Ridley Scott is gorgeous though.
    Those space suits get more and more sexy every time I see them

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Here's a really cool interview with Damon Lindelof explaining his role in adapting Jon Spaihts 'Untitled Alien Prequel' which originally contained all the classic Alien tropes.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    #13 is a prototypical ass-shot for Theron, there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Your point?

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nvr_mind View Post
    Your point?
    No, no, I don't think there was a point there, other than the enthusiasm that Ms. Theron's behind inspires. A fine conversation piece if I might add.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    I used to dislike her sweetness (apart from Monster of course), but since she got a bit more edgy for lack of a better word she really gets me going. Still can't wait for Prometheus to drop and I'm even looking forward to her role in Snowwhite and the Huntsmen.

Oh and here is a nice scene from the movie. Pretty much cut down it seems, but still worth a look. That ship design is fucking ace!

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    And here we go again. Quite spoilerific so watch at your own risk. This teaser is not well put together, but it shows some frightening stuff. Seems like they really held back a lot of footage until the rating was secure:

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I just got the Score from iTunes. On my first listen. Good stuff so far. . .

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    the previews sound promising, but I'm holding out until the physical release.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Spoiler: "Friend From the Past" just came on, and I got hard. . .

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Hehe.

Wow, Spoiler: planting the seed sounds horrific! I wonder what will happen on screen when this comes on. Spoiler: hammerpede starts with that nice hypnotic touch to it that reminds me of some ancient sounds from Egypt and the likes.

All in all this fits quite well within the previous Alien-Soundtracks. So let's see what we've got. Great cinematography? Check! Great sound? Check! Now let's hope the story can hold up to that.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    ah fuck it, I gave in and bought it already. It really is that good. Reminds me of my first time listening to Goldenthal's score for Alien³.

Quote Originally Posted by nin64 View Post
    Spoiler: "Friend From the Past" just came on, and I got hard. . .
    Fuck, now I know what you mean! If my ears don't fool me this sounds familiar. And fucking amazing I might add! Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait...
    Last edited by dlb; 05-16-2012 at 12:18 PM.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    ^^^
    Yutani Corp logo!

Also... no wonder these Weyland missions are disastrous, they are powered by Internet Explorer.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post

WTF does this mean?