Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Prometheus

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I'd like to see a spoof of the classic Maxell ad, but with the space jockey sitting in his chair in place of the dude in his chair. Of course the space butler would have to be of the proper scale.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    1080p trailer

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    I just stumbled upon this which is basically the trailer above but with minor (more brutal) changes in the second half:

After seeing this I'm burrying my worries that this wont be an R rated movie.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    That... was gross.

Here's an extended behind the scenes feature

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Charlize Theron's demeanor in these trailers makes me think she's Weyland's newest model...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    are they also planning to release a video game that will basically feature footage from the movie?

Last edited by konstantin; 04-30-2012 at 04:36 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Well... umm the Derelict in Aliens Colonial Marines had to go through a few changes to tie in with the movie I believe

Some guy posted some comparison shots of Prometheus and Lawrence of Arabia - Weyland is a big T.E.Lawrence fan. There's also some comparisons to Full Metal Jacket there but those are mainly for laughs.

Quote Originally Posted by Fixer808 View Post
    Charlize Theron's demeanor in these trailers makes me think she's Weyland's newest model...
    Well, Damon Lindelof was quoted very early on in the production of this movie when somebody asked if there would be androids, he said "Yes. There might even be two"

One other thing... looks like at least part of this movie will be set during Christmas! Scroll through this Spoilerific cast list to see a list of songs including Christmas carols and the original Alien theme. Good to see O'Bannon , Sushett and Giger getting full credits, most of this movie looks like the stuff left out of the original Alien script.

EDIT

LOOKS AS THOUGH SCOTT COULDN'T RESIST GIVING HIS MISSUS A ROLE! AGAIN!

Last edited by owinn; 05-01-2012 at 12:12 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixer808 View Post
    M. Night Shyamalan is writing/directing the sequel, Prometheodes, with the big twist at the end being.... spoiler: all of the humans are actually androids.

Since there isn't a dedicated Alien thread, I figure here's a good place to post this link. It's a fantastic compilation of memories from people who worked on Alien. There are seven pages of video and photographic content, with videos on just the first four.

http://www.zen171398.zen.co.uk/Alien.html

It's almost like a special edition of Alien Vault. Speaking of books, I see there's another behind-the-scenes book coming out later this month that also features a lot of concept art and photos, along with interviews. I can't imagine it has much more, if anything, aside from interviews, than Vault.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Book-Alien...5900868&sr=8-2
    Last edited by Findus; 05-01-2012 at 02:48 PM.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Someone told me that both books are pretty much the same while Alien Vault is a more updated version of the book of Alien.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Guillermo Del Toro has posted a blog on why Prometheus has basically caused him to think and stop pursuing production of At The Mountains Of Madness

I think that, if Prometheus does well, then Del Toro shouldn't shy away from it. I think there will be much that is different in Scott's movie but there are certainly obvious comparisons that people are expecting from Prometheus.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by owinn View Post
    Guillermo Del Toro has posted a blog on why Prometheus has basically caused him to think and stop pursuing production of At The Mountains Of Madness
    I thought he had abandoned that project for some time now. If not, I would hate it if he decides Prometheus is the reason to drop it. I mean, come on GDT! Sure there are similarities, but At The Mountains of Madness has enough to keep it separate.

On topic: June can't come fast enough.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    It's probably not of much help that he's possibly trying to set this up at Fox.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    SPOILER ALERT - HORRIFIC AUDIO FILE
    HOLY.FUCKING.SHIT

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post
    Someone told me that both books are pretty much the same while Alien Vault is a more updated version of the book of Alien.
    Got Alien Vault and the Anthology Blu Rays for my birthday last year. All come together beautifully.
    Last edited by owinn; 05-02-2012 at 12:42 PM.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    I just stumbled upon this which is basically the trailer above but with minor (more brutal) changes in the second half:

After seeing this I'm burrying my worries that this wont be an R rated movie.
    "this video is private."

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Any film with an excited "Cut it off!!" line is a must see in my book.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by owinn View Post
    SPOILER ALERT - HORRIFIC AUDIO FILE
    HOLY.FUCKING.SHIT

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

I have no doubt that this audio is from Prometheus, and yes spoilers indeed. Do we have any idea where this audio leaked from?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Leaked by who else but the FOX marketing team! It was an 'audio puzzle', it was chopped up and reversed in places and the audio above is an attempt at putting the puzzle together.

Those guys are going to end up leaking the whole movie on The Pirate Bay at this rate.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    So The Hobbit is getting a great deal of stick for being filmed at 48fps... what do you guys make of this then:

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    I know shit about frames and stuff, but following the argument on the Hobbit I have never heard anything similar about Prometheus. And there are footage screenings and a shit load of trailers by now, so I assume some one must have had a go at them filming at this rate. If that photo is real of course... And while the Hobbit screenings brought up a huge shitstorm you hear nothing but how awesome Prometheus looks on screen.

Maybe the footage they shot through the eyes of the crew (helmet cam etc.) were shot at this rate to give it a different look.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I know shit about frames and stuff, but following the argument on the Hobbit I have never heard anything similar about Prometheus. And there are footage screenings and a shit load of trailers by now, so I assume some one must have had a go at them filming at this rate. If that photo is real of course... And while the Hobbit screenings brought up a huge shitstorm you hear nothing but how awesome Prometheus looks on screen.

Maybe the footage they shot through the eyes of the crew (helmet cam etc.) were shot at this rate to give it a different look.
    I think you're spot on, also I think that it may be used for slo-mo scenes.

in other news:
    Prometheus breaks IMAX presale records

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Yet again Prometheus and the Hobbit are both shot with the RED camera. I don't know, but is that the standard frame rate of this kind of camera? Which other movies are shot with it? Can't remember if I've already seen one.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Yet again Prometheus and the Hobbit are both shot with the RED camera. I don't know, but is that the standard frame rate of this kind of camera? Which other movies are shot with it? Can't remember if I've already seen one.
    This is not the standard framerate at all for films - off the top of my head I don't really think I can point you in the direction of a film recorded at 48fps that wasn't converted down to 24fps. Red cameras can shoot a wide variety of frame rates including 48fps. 'The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo' was shot on a Red camera as well (the Epic and One), but that was at standard framerate.

If you want to test out what it looks like - download these clips: http://maximum-attack.com/basement_red_fps.zip

(I posted this link also in the Hobbit thread...) One clip is filmed on a Red at 48fps, the other is downconverted to 24fps.

A possibility for this specific movie - though - is that they filmed some scenes at 48fps in order to downconvert and/or create a more seamless slow motion scene (since there are more frames to effectively slow down time with the extra detail in each frame). A lot of action films do this as well, when in the end - the footage always comes out to be 24fps.
    Last edited by Torgo; 05-04-2012 at 05:57 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ^^I downloaded that file last night to compare, but then realized I wouldn't be able to see a difference since my monitor only runs at 60hz.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    The trailer for this played before The Avengers in the IMAX, it looked amazing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    For slow mo they film 48 fps and then play it at 26 fps.

Wong Kar Wai uses this for smoking scenes in his movies all the time;

Last edited by Lutz; 05-05-2012 at 07:03 PM.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kdrcraig View Post
    The trailer for this played before The Avengers in the IMAX, it looked amazing.
    I didn't see it in IMAX, so what did I get? 2 car ads and one trailer. For the new Johnny Depp/Tim Burton movie. That looks exactly the same as every Johnny Depp/Tim Burton movie. FUCKING FUCK YOU, PARK THEATER.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Earth comes to a halt and gawps as Fox actually does something decent. Prometheus is rated R, folks.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Figured it would be, based on the trailers!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    This is cool and all, but we haven't gotten any confirmation from the studio or the MPAA. What most people don't realize is that the rating on the ticket prints out to be whatever the General Manager at any specific movie theatre punches into the scheduling program...

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    amazon.de has it listed for 16 year olds which is in vain of the other Alien movies. Good news, but as Fixer808 already said it was quite evident from the latest trailer. Still Fox seemed uncertain whether to cut it or not. Eventually they gave in and trusted the fans and of course Ridley. Can't wait to see it although I have to hold my breath until August...