Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Prometheus

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Watching the "Official" trailer back to back with the "International - UK" trailer, it's fun to gauge the completely different reaction they evoke from me: With the International trailer, I'm like: "Oh hey, this seems cool, that's definitely a movie I'd be interested to see", while with the "Official" trailer, my reaction is more like: "Oh shit, SHIT, holy FUCKBALLS, I want to see this, I need to see this, shit is getting real, SHIT IS GETTING REEAAAAALLLL, THIS IS THE ALIEN (universe) MOVIE TO END ALL ALIEN (universe) MOVIES!!!11"
    Last edited by Alexandros; 03-19-2012 at 10:18 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Shot of Xenomorph in new trailer:

http://cinemart-online.co.uk/2012/03...theus-trailer/

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    When you see Noomi praying in front of what looks like a bathroom mirror, does something pop out of her mouth ever so slightly? Is she trying to swallow something back down?

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    From Facebook:

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by owinn View Post
    When you see Noomi praying in front of what looks like a bathroom mirror, does something pop out of her mouth ever so slightly? Is she trying to swallow something back down?
    Well, since she's covered in blood or some sort of brown goo and lying under a scanner one can guess that she gets impregnated/infected by something that might be some form of pre-Alien.

Also Scott hinted that we will get to see something in the vain of 1979's chestburster scene.

Anyway, those trailers got me sooo hoked! While showing so much they make you ask so many more questions. I really hope this is what we're all wishing for.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Speaking of being hooked, the ARG is driving fans of the movies and ARGs mad.

http://www.projectprometheus.com/245409/
    http://www.projectprometheus.com/eridu/

what is the password?! It is related to the number 245409 and eridu somehow. Anyone in the States want to put any of those into their phones? Maybe adding a ** before eridu.
    Last edited by owinn; 03-19-2012 at 02:32 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So the big reveal is that the Space Jokey was always Voldemort and Sir Scott is setting us up to blow Alien vs Predator out of the water with the ultimate vs crossover ever Alien vs Harry Potter!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutz View Post

So the big reveal is that the Space Jokey was always Voldemort and Sir Scott is setting us up to blow Alien vs Predator out of the water with the ultimate vs crossover ever Alien vs Harry Potter!
    Oh very well played indeed. Maybe that's the password!

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    And seeing all the gadgetry in this trailer, as compared to the crude design of the Nostromo there isn't as much of a disconnect as I feared there would be now. All the computer keyboards and flying equipment in Alien were circa 1978 or whatever, but in my mind now it fits into how they wanted the ship to look like a run-down ship. One can imagine Weyland-Yutani building thousands of those ships, and cutting corners where needed, such as communication.
    I can get behind that. Nostromo was a tow truck for an ore refinery, Prometheus looks to be a dedicated science/exploration ship. It makes sense that Dallas and crew would really only need a rudimentary "science department" and medical bay for- say- setting bones, dealing with crew illness, burns. Anything they can't handle, they chuck 'em in a cryotube.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I love how Scott was basically whoring for the biggest Hollywood names he could find for this movie. If you look at all the women he considered for the lead, he was pretty clearly only going for whoever's 'in' at the moment. That and my allergy to Fassbender from overexposure make me a little wary about this...

...but I'll probably see it in some form, anyway, as I'm one of those dopes who loved all the Alien movies (even that one people don't like talking about).

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    To be fair Fassbender was cast before he became the big shit he is right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Is there a possibility from looking at the trailers that the first image released from this movie was also rather cheeky in actually revealing one of the main "creatures"? A swarm of bugs? When I think about bio technology it would make total sense that a swarm of bugs could act in a very similar way to nano technology?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hula View Post
    I love how Scott was basically whoring for the biggest Hollywood names he could find for this movie.
    And he ultimately went with an unknown actress's first attempt at acting outside her first language, so do you really have a point? If he was really "whoring for who's in at the moment" this movie would star Carey Mulligan and Ryan Gosling.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Emil Dorbell View Post
    And he ultimately went with an unknown actress's first attempt at acting outside her first language, so do you really have a point? If he was really "whoring for who's in at the moment" this movie would star Carey Mulligan and Ryan Gosling.
    She garnered a lot of fame for TGWTDT. She was also in the most recent Sherlock movie; seems to me like she's going to be pretty big soon. For all we know, the other actresses didn't want anything to do with the movie (which happens—a quick glance over the wiki tells me Fassbender himself wouldn't have been involved thanks to his agents asking for too much for his participation). If you look at the actresses slated for the role, they have so little in common with each other that it seems at first glance as though he were just plucking hot names from a hat.

Quote Originally Posted by orestes View Post
    To be fair Fassbender was cast before he became the big shit he is right now.
    That's fair enough. I think I'm just a little sick of seeing him in everything lately, heh.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I'm counting on Rafe Spall having an awesome part in this as I've noticed that very little of him is shown in the trailers... He is going to die horribly, I can tell. Digging his dorky hoodie and glasses look.

Speaking of people sporting dorky hoodie and glasses looks, here's a cool random interview with Damon Lindelof - in regards to the Alien appearance - "If you go to a Rolling Stone's show then they better play Satisfaction, even if it's just an encore"

Last edited by owinn; 03-20-2012 at 11:29 AM.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hula View Post
    She garnered a lot of fame for TGWTDT. She was also in the most recent Sherlock movie; seems to me like she's going to be pretty big soon. For all we know, the other actresses didn't want anything to do with the movie (which happens—a quick glance over the wiki tells me Fassbender himself wouldn't have been involved thanks to his agents asking for too much for his participation). If you look at the actresses slated for the role, they have so little in common with each other that it seems at first glance as though he were just plucking hot names from a hat.

That's fair enough. I think I'm just a little sick of seeing him in everything lately, heh.
    Eh, I wouldn't be surprised if it was the studio suggesting more well-known actresses instead of Rapace. They probably used this equation:
    =

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hula you are just wrong in this case.

Rapace was the only actress who was offered this role. The other actress attached to this movie for the main role was Theron and as we know that is different role.

You are confusing the casting of this movie with the casting of Dark Knight Rises Catwoman which was happening at the same time.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Hula you are just wrong in this case.

Rapace was the only actress who was offered this role. The other actress attached to this movie for the main role was Theron and as we know that is different role.

You are confusing the casting of this movie with the casting of Dark Knight Rises Catwoman which was happening at the same time.
    No, there were a few big names up for Rapace's role. I remember for sure that two were Gemma Arterton and Abbie Cornish. According to Wikipedia, the others (which I don't remember so well, this was a long time ago...) were Anne Hathaway, Natalie Portman and Carey Mulligan.
    And I don't think it's much of a stretch to think they were the ones courting the Prometheus production, rather than the other way round - you're talking about a franchise and director which have spawned arguably the most iconic female role in cinema history.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Spent a good chunk of time this morning dicking around on the weylandindustries website. That corporate timeline? So fucking cool.

You really get a sense of how much work went into creating this backstory. Anyone crack the password yet?

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AgentofChaos View Post
    That corporate timeline? So fucking cool.
    Seconded! I love that it references miscellanea from Aliens and Alien 3, so although they've (rightly) retconned-out the AvP movies, they haven't forgotten the rest of the series.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    projectprometheus.com/eridu password is ... 'tell Abu Shahrain' enter for some really fucking awesome wallpaper.
    http://www.projectprometheus.com/eridu/img/tas.jpg

projectprometheus.com/245409 is still unknown..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post
    Abbie Cornish.
    From what I remember, she was basically in the movie up to filming. (that is as far as movie blogs/news sites go).

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    ARG pics revealed... second one gives you a better look at the temple. It's the rejected H.R.Giger design for Dune if you ask me.

Last edited by owinn; 03-21-2012 at 06:35 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm annoyed by this. This just seems random, not thought out. Oil reserves are somehow enormous in the future, at the same time Norway, with its currently huge supply of oil, and very low unemployment rates, has high unemployment rates? Sweden has medium unemployment rates... why? I feel insulted by Prometheus's marketing. Damnit all to hell!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I forgot to post their exciting financial highlights

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    I'm annoyed by this. This just seems random, not thought out. Oil reserves are somehow enormous in the future, at the same time Norway, with its currently huge supply of oil, and very low unemployment rates, has high unemployment rates? Sweden has medium unemployment rates... why? I feel insulted by Prometheus's marketing. Damnit all to hell!
    Well, it's measured in years to global depletion, rather than actual quantity. Oil won't be used up terribly quickly when we're all running on hydrogen fuel cells or gas turbines. Mind you, I'd imagine Norway would be a great source of usable hydrogen and natural gas...

:edit: Interesting to note that they have a "security" division rather than the weapons division referenced in the existing films, and it's their smallest earner. I wonder if this will change over the course of Prometheus, or as a consequence of its events. And, obviously, there's no Yutani merger yet.
    Last edited by Vertigo; 03-22-2012 at 12:58 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I willing to bet that the areas of high employment are where the "pictograms" mentioned in the trailer are found.
    Yeah, we clearly dont need oil in the future.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah well we all know in 257 years they'll have folded anyway.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    I don't want to watch any trailers of this: I want to be as wowed as possible.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Yeah well we all know in 257 years they'll have folded anyway.
    Weyland-Yutani is bought out by Wal-Mart around 2340, actually.
    Yes, I'm an Alien geek.