Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21

Thread: Prometheus

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tommygunn View Post
    Here's hoping we get a James Cameron-esque extended cut much like with Aliens which fleshes out the film appropriately. That'd make me buy the BD.
    I'd love that too; sadly it doesn't appear to be the case. There will be 35 mins of deleted scenes, but viewable seperately. Interestingly, this apparently includes an alternate beginning and end.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks for the info, everybody! Two commentaries? Hell yes. I'm psyched for , too.

At least we'll be able to see the deleted stuff, even if not's integrated into the movie. I'm sure none of us would be surprised to see a double-dip of Prometheus down the line as an official Extended Cut, with a brand new introduction & whatnot from Ridley Scott. It took 5 years for the Special Edition of Aliens to surface, and much longer for the Director's Cut of Alien. I watched the theatrical version of Aliens on blu-ray not long ago, and forgot (or maybe never realized) how much was cut - I've become so used to the extended - it's absolutely the best iteration. I'm sure I could say the same thing exact thing about Alien. The only Alien movie I've seen in theaters is Resurrection which I was way too young for at the time (also saw AVP in theaters but that doesn't count).

Point being, it's easy to imagine an uncut Prometheus being an improvement, and I actually wouldn't mind an eventual double-dip if it means an honest-to-goodness extended cut.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Here are the deleted scenes:

* ARRIVAL OF THE ENGINEERS [2:31]
    * T’IS THE SEASON [0:58]
    * OUR FIRST ALIEN [0:42]
    * SKIN [0:42]
    * WE’RE NOT ALONE ANYMORE [1:22]
    * STRANGE BEDFELLOWS [2:57]
    * HOLLOWAY HUNGOVER [1:25]
    * DAVID’S OBJECTIVE [0:23]
    * JANEK FILLS VICKERS IN [3:27]
    * A KING HAS HIS REIGN [3:40]
    * FIFIELD ATTACKS [2:01]
    * THE ENGINEER SPEAKS [4:06]
    * FINAL BATTLE [5:30]
    * PARADISE [5:05]

Some avid fans are already piecing this thing together the best they can!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadpool View Post
    I watched the theatrical version of Aliens on blu-ray not long ago, and forgot (or maybe never realized) how much was cut - I've become so used to the extended - it's absolutely the best iteration. I'm sure I could say the same thing exact thing about Alien. The only Alien movie I've seen in theaters is Resurrection which I was way too young for at the time (also saw AVP in theaters but that doesn't count).
    That's why I love using those deleted footage markers in the Alien movies, it's crazy to be reminded about all the awesome scenes that were cut, I'll never watch the theatrical cut of any of them again.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Why can't they integrate this? The more the better IMO. Ugh.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Alien was a better movie with the cuts IMHO, and in ridley's. Aliens suffered.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    And the second cut of of Alien deletes that awesome scene where they unlock Mother.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Which one are you talking about?

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    I was talking about theatrical vs what's called directors and is on quadrilogy and I think anthology.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    drip drip drip

The full BluRay is out there and the bonus stuff is just awesome! The whole set is worth the money for the 3,5h documentary alone. The screen tests are a nice addition as are the so called "enhancement pods" which make the documentary almost 5 hours long.

By the looks of it even the deleted scenes on the BD are cut or maybe the only things near-finished and worthwhile watching. Half of this movie seems to be left on the cutting room floor or got pulled mid-production. Only downside of the BD? The bonus material makes you feel even more that this could have been the most epic sci-fi to date. Given that I'm a nerd for all things Giger and mythology I still enjoy the movie alot and I have never had as much fun disecting a flick before.

People over at Prometheus Forum are holding a special streaming of their Weyland Investors Cut on Saturday 6pm which promises to add a lot to the theatrical version. Keep an eye out: http://www.prometheusforum.net/stream/

And people from France are already allowed to get the free Prometheus App which includes even more stuff as promo art, posters, pre-visualisations etc.

Last edited by dlb; 10-04-2012 at 07:35 AM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I'm sooooooooo excited for the Blu-ray! Just knowing I'll be able to watch the movie whenever I want in hi-def is exciting, but the list of Special Features are exactly the kind of thing I want for all of my favorite movies when they're released on home video. Again, the only thing I could think to add is a legitimate Extended Cut, but the fans seem to be taking care of that...

Where'd you find that poster, dlb? I love it! Is it fan made? Cool that it's in the same format as the IMAX 12:01 poster.

EDIT: This is pretty great.
    Last edited by Deadpool; 10-04-2012 at 06:03 PM.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    It's within the second screen app which only really functions to its true potential if synced to the movie, but even without a copy you can watch several bits and pieces. There are a lot more posters on there. the one above was making its rounds on the internet a while back and was supposed to be the official IMAX poster. The artists name is Mike Weihs. And I'm dying to get a high res version!

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadpool View Post
    That's pretty funny. Notice how the actor are nervously laughing? Ever been to a "dungeon" like york/edinburgh or something, or a scary ride, ghost walk or whatever? People chuckle when they're nervous and scared. But never in movies

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    So I just saw this movie, even though I had anticipated its release for months, but I was just too busy. Anyway, I liked it very much, very very much. Most of all, it was fun to watch. I really enjoyed following the 'discovery half' of the movie. The 'action/horror half' was just a plus. I didn't think that there were many unanswered questions and there were no plotholes that bothered me. There were some things I didn't like, SPOILERS: the agility of Shaw after the operation and the anti-climactic death of Theron's character. I agree that her character was underused. Fassbender's performance was great, his character is the biggest plus of the movie. I thought that Ridley Scott actually combined his two sci-fi classics, Alien and Blade Runner in this movie with the whole meet-your-maker angle. There were also shades of 2001: A Space Odyssey and Avatar. By the way, I had to interrupt my viewing of the movie several times, so I didn't feel that the movie was rushed. Maybe it was a lucky coincidence that allowed me to digest the movie in several pieces.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    JANEK FILLS VICKERS IN [3:27]

this should be sexy

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Bought this on 3D blu-ray and holy hell does it look fantastic. Still not a big fan of the movie but enough so that I'll watch it from time to time just cause it looks so incredible. Also really dug the score on this viewing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I really liked Prometheus but watching the OUTSTANDING documentary that's included on the 4-disc bluray evoked similar feelings I had while watching the Alien 3 doc from the quadrilogy/anthology sets. It really made me realize what could have been and, frankly, made me feel pretty sad. Just hearing about Jon Spaiths original story concepts along with some specific descriptions of scenes that would have been AWESOME. There's also some incredible creature designs that went unused or were scrapped early in production. Even the modified Fifield monster that was featured in the deleted scenes was A BILLION times better than the design they actually went with.

I still find Prometheus a good movie as it is, extremely thought-provoking and can see myself returning to it as part of my annual Alien marathon every year but the supplements on the bluray made me see what a huge missed opportunity the film essentially is. Too bad. I guess the original version of Prometheus and Vincent Ward's vision of Alien 3 will forever be playing in the theatre of my dreams...

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I bought the Blu-ray yesterday and watched the film for the first time in 2D today. I watched a little bit of the documentaries but I'll probably wade my way through it this week. For what it is, on it's own and in relation to the franchise, it holds up for me. I'm not really an Alien fanboy, but I admire the first three films as they are in varying degrees. Trying to rise above expectations by asking bigger questions of the audience was an admirable goal of this film, and I think it worked for the most part.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    I keep watching this every now and then, hoping I'll start liking it, but AAARGH... Holloway, for example. WTF is his deal?!
    "I'm so excited to prove my theories about a race of beings who may have created us! Holy shit, this place on this planet is loaded with potential evidence, including a fucking CORPSE OF AN ALIEN and a shitload of their stuff and tech! Our year 3000 science should be able to get to the bottom of this, right?

NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR HOLLOWAY, I'MA DRINK MY FACE OF NOW."

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Fixer, you might want to watch this if and when you finish watching the movie. It'll fill in some of the plot holes.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Thanks! I hope it answers some of the Red Letter Media questions!
    EDIT: Oh, well now (3min into that video) I need to rent the Blu Ray next time I visit my parents, and watch the deleted scenes (yes, I know it's 2013 and I could download, but they have a big TV, a good sound system, and my scooter... that last one isn't anything to do with Prometheus, it's at their house and I still need to finish repairing it).
    EDIT EDIT: MAX VON SYDOW WOULD HAVE BEEN WAY BETTER!!!
    Last edited by Fixer808; 09-14-2013 at 10:54 AM. Reason: ENHANCE

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Unfortunately the writer of Green Lantern i writing this one.