Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: NIN-Spotting 2013 (Part 1/2)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Gutted that Robin won't be touring with him. However, delighted that NIN is touring and very curious as to how this will turn out!

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Fingers crossed this is true, the suspense is killing me.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    If Trent can handle playing a bit more bass this time around like he did (sorta) during the Fragility tour, I don't see a reason why we can't have both Robin and Adrian. OoOoOo the sounds from that stage...

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Would he need two guitarists if he toured just The Fragile? (Either in addition to himself, or because he'd be on keys so much...) Serious question (from a total nonmusician)... what would he need to put together?

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    My guess would be something identical to the lineup he had in 2000. If he brings Adrian on, he'd probably need a rhythm guitarist as well so yeah two primary guitarists.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post
    Would he need two guitarists if he toured just The Fragile? (Either in addition to himself, or because he'd be on keys so much...) Serious question (from a total nonmusician)... what would he need to put together?
    Yeah, totally. Lots of layered guitars and different guitar parts. It's been years since I've listened to it (waiting for the re-release) but yeah plus neither Robin or Adrian are typical guitarists they are more about soundscapes and feeling than just riffing. I'm very interested in who else will be involved. Chris Vrenna on synths and Percussion and Jerome Dillon on drums would be an awesome assault! Throw in Make Garson on piano...BLAH!!!! I can't keep thinking like this...brain will melt....

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    If NIN Tour, I hope it's a fragile anniversary tour. I really think Trent should bury NIN otherwise, what he's doing with HTDA is fine. Can't top LITS and it ended so well. Trent's just going to turn into Manson otherwise. Be an old washed up rockstar singing all these old school metal classics and looking like a tool. 50 year old Trent singing Wish with a 63 year old on lead guitar? No thanks.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by voidnz View Post
    If NIN Tour, I hope it's a fragile anniversary tour. I really think Trent should bury NIN otherwise, what he's doing with HTDA is fine. Can't top LITS and it ended so well. Trent's just going to turn into Manson otherwise. Be an old washed up rockstar singing all these old school metal classics and looking like a tool. 50 year old Trent singing Wish with a 63 year old on lead guitar? No thanks.
    I like you.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    This whiffs of something very special. Adrian coming on board would seem quite odd to me if it wasn't. Maybe it's what being speculated now, or that the next NIN album is in a slightly different direction.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Hey guys... I just made this for my animation class. It is due on Tuesday so if there are any critiques feel free to post them.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    The video for Only is mentioned in this article about Fincher directing the new Justin Timberlake video:
    http://www.avclub.com/articles/justi...rt-in-t,91920/

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Regarding NIN's possible/speculated tour for The Fragile, wouldn't it make more sense from a promotional point of view to release The Fragile's new edition in 2014 for its 15th anniversary?

I believe this year will be mainly dedicated to HTDA, and by the end of the year maybe they could start announcing some dates for NIN's return, with 2014 being the best year for a big tour promoting The Fragile's 15th Anniversary Edition, the Greatest Hits compilation, the new album and maybe even with the possiblity of a new edition for TDS's 20th Anniversary since the 5.1 remixes/remasters are already done and I doubt that Interscope would miss another opportunity to make more money out of such a classic album. And maybe they could even release a 10th anniversary edition of With Teeth for 2015 (with a booklet, finally XD).

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Keep in mind that the family's timetable might be more important than any "anniversary" timing for a tour. I'm sure he would rather not leave his wife and children at home during a (likely) lengthy NIN tour. And as kids get older (their eldest kid will be 3 this fall), it becomes more important for them to be in preschool and around other kids in general for social interaction. So it might be better to haul the family around on a tour bus sooner rather than later.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    chr...
    "Was I familiar with the original Nine Inch Nails version of ‘Hurt’? No. I can’t bear them. I find it very dissonant and difficult to hear. It’s too loud. I’m like any old lady [LAUGHS]! I don’t want to listen to music with no tune. I don’t like it."

http://thequietus.com/articles/11298...vourite-albums

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    if Trent was going to tour The Fragile, dont you think he would bring back the Fragile touring lineup of robin, danny etc...get real, if NIN does tour, it will have NOTHING to do with The Fragile lol

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

NIN-Spotting 2013

Belew contributed quite a bit of guitar work toward The Fragile. Makes sense to me.

I'm not saying that's what is going to happen, but it wouldn't be totally out of left field.
    Last edited by MrSlfDstruct; 02-04-2013 at 03:03 PM.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jaypayton View Post
    if Trent was going to tour The Fragile, dont you think he would bring back the Fragile touring lineup of robin, danny etc...get real, if NIN does tour, it will have NOTHING to do with The Fragile lol
    Why do Fragility over again when you can do something fresh and new with a bunch of tracks that you've never played live before? If Trent is indeed touring The Fragile in its entirety, I wouldn't want to see the same people doing it. If you think about NIN's live setup and one of the reasons behind the constantly changing lineup (Trent's desire to have the material continually re-imagined) then doing Fragility 3.0 sounds (and is) fucking stupid.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Not to mention the fact that Fragility-era setlists didn't even remotely resemble a tour of The Fragile front-to-back.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Having flashbacks to 2005. They just opened today's episode 'Hookman' of Hawaii 5-0 with Every Day is Exactly the Same. Also..Peter Weller! Who directed. Did he suggest the song?

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Trent, Alessandro and Charlie appear briefly in this extended trailer for I Dream Of Wires:

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Trent Reznor + Atticus Ross Win 2013 Grammy Award for Best Score Soundtrack - http://loudwire.com/trent-reznor-att...re-soundtrack/

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Update on the epitaph message:
    Reznor: scored a movie about serial killers and anal rapings and won a Grammy.
    Last edited by fillow; 02-11-2013 at 09:31 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Never seen this before:

There's also a Closure image to be found here:
    http://www.hardformat.org/designers/russell-mills2/

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Had that on my drive for a few years, it's a stunning piece of art though.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Not sure where to post this... so I thought I'd put it here.

I found a test edit I did of one of the Terminal 5 shows a couple years ago when I was going through hard drives and thought I'd upload it for people to enjoy (even though it's not great and is why the Terminal 5 show never got fully edited).

Video Description:
    "Edited this (poorly - I know) with the few camera angles I was given to edit a Terminal 5 show a couple years ago. This was my test song and the song that had the most amount of coverage for an edit. At times, I probably had only one shitty angle available and at the most - I had 4 angles to choose from. In other words, the rest of the show wasn't really worth editing, given the lack of coverage that we had. I just found it in my hard drive and thought other people would enjoy it, regardless of it's quality. So... enjoy?"

Terminal 5 - Nine Inch Nails - The Day the World Went Away: (at the time of posting this, this video is still processing)

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Next they're going to use the video for Closer to show that animal cruelty is something Trent supports

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    http://www.cbs.com/shows/late_show/v...s-sound-city-/

In an interview with Dave Grohl re: Sound City, David Letterman calls Trent "Mr. Nine Inch Nails."

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wizfan View Post
    The irony is, my personal story with NIN and piracy: me spending over a thousand dollars on a band that I started listening to by pirating.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)