Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Pacific Rim

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Got a text from GoJaeger.com today; entering a code will bring up a War Clock counting down to Friday around 10 am. I read a rumor that if you see Blade Runner 2049 Thursday night, you might get an early look at the trailer. I'm not going just for that, but it's gonna be a nice bonus if I get to see it.

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    How is it possible that we're years later and the Jaegers look more like a video game?

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    This looks...

....not good.
    Last edited by october_midnight; 10-06-2017 at 11:16 AM.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Wait...Jaeger vs. Jaeger fights? bad-guy-looking mofos getting rockets shot at them? Are there humans working for the Kaijus in this one?

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Oh, fantastic, it's been turned into Power Rangers! Can't wait for the inevitable "What if we combine the Jaegers?" "That's impossible!" solution that happens and saves the day.

Posting this for the future when I come back in March for a "CAAALLED IT."

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    ^

That's a funny remark considering one of the big complaints about the first movie was that it looked like Power Rangers.

Hm, i thought it didn't look too bad. At least we can actually see what's going on this time.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    ^

That's a funny remark considering one of the big complaints about the first movie was that it looked like Power Rangers.

Hm, i thought it didn't look too bad. At least we can actually see what's going on this time.
    Eh, I saw it more as a love letter to sentai action film/TV shows, and this just feels...soulless. I can see the parallels with Power Rangers for sure, it's hard to ignore. Without sentai we would've never had Pacific Rim. But MAN, does the vibe from this second movie just feel gross. We'll see in March whether I have to eat my words or reiterate them.
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 10-06-2017 at 02:39 PM.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    First thing I thought when I saw the trailer was "oh, the new Transformers movie". I haven't seen any Power Rangers movie so...

Anyway, it's not looking good. I think the trailer is the whole movie; at least I hope it is.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Unless I am missing something here... this looks like a hell of a good time. If you watch the first films trailer, it is pretty similar to Uprising. So pumped for this!

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    I just saw the trailer and... yeah... I'm gonna pass. It looks like every other film in comparison to the first one.