Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: My Bloody Valentine

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Loved reading that. It's amazing how dangerously committed he was to his albums, to the point where he let himself get broke so many times and give up his quality of life. I'm trying to imagine what he's hearing when he's experiencing the analog remasters. I probably cant tell the difference with my fairly untrained ears. And that new album descriptions sounds great, I've been waiting for a more psychedelic MBV.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Loveless is my 2nd favorite album ever; only TDS means more to me. As far as sound goes, it probably tops even TDS. To Here Knows When will always be one of the most incredible things I've ever heard from a musical standpoint.

So I'm beyond excited to hear what this new analog (re)master is going to sound like, by the way Kevin is talking it up. I'm still tripping out on m b v nearly five years later, and we're already getting a new album in 2018. These are great times to be a fan of a band whose music is nothing less than timeless..

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Loveless is in my top five favorite albums of all-time. It's a record that I love to listen to every once in a while as I own a CD copy of m b v which I'm happy to have as I'm eager for the next MBV album.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Loveless is truly an one of a kind record. Hearing To Here Knows When and I Only Said on headphones for the first time was almost overwhelming for me. Can't wait to hear what the band's got in store for their next album!

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    I very much love the Tremolo ep as well. It's got some kind of different mastering, which makes for an interesting listen with To Here Knows When. Also, the non-LP songs are all killer.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by r_z View Post
    I very much love the Tremolo ep as well. It's got some kind of different mastering, which makes for an interesting listen with To Here Knows When. Also, the non-LP songs are all killer.
    Swallow and Honey Power are perfect. The Glider EP is awesome too, I think Off Your Face might be my favourite MBV song at the moment.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    There's a new interview with the band in the upcoming issue of Uncut:

http://www.uncut.co.uk/blog/introduc...ncut-12-102958

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    So

Is the vinyl copy of Loveless on their store worth buying?

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    So

Is the vinyl copy of Loveless on their store worth buying?
    I'd say yes. The 2003 vinyl reissue was mastered from 16/44.1 digital files.

The original DATs are 16/48, and the full analog signal path guarantees extra warmth (excellent for shoegaze/drone).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    There's a pretty cool interview in Uncut Magazine with MBV atm. It goes over their history, recording processes and what was happening after Loveless. Also, Kevin mentions that New You was written on the day that Kurt Cobain died, and Only Tomorrow dates back to 1996.

Has anyone picked up the new vinyl reissues?

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by acrid avid jam shred View Post
    Has anyone picked up the new vinyl reissues?
    Were they released yet? I pre-ordered them way back when they were first announced and haven't really heard anything since.

Edit: just checked my order status on their site and it says my order was dispatched on the 15th. Never got an email saying so but I guess they're on their way. I know the original order confirmation email said it could take up to 28 days for delivery so
    Last edited by imail724; 01-27-2018 at 02:07 PM.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    Edit: just checked my order status on their site and it says my order was dispatched on the 15th. Never got an email saying so but I guess they're on their way. I know the original order confirmation email said it could take up to 28 days for delivery so
    Be on the lookout for an "extra" copy of Isn't Anything. The bundles are coming with rejected (test) pressings from 2016.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Be on the lookout for an "extra" copy of Isn't Anything. The bundles are coming with rejected (test) pressings from 2016.
    Oh really? That would be neat.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Oh really? That would be neat.
    There's information and pictures here. The "rejected" copies have red labels as opposed to maroon ones.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    There's information and pictures here. The "rejected" copies have red labels as opposed to maroon ones.
    Damn thats so cool. Now I'm really excited to get my hands on mine. Hope it comes soon. Judging by the comments there, it looks like quiet a few people received these extra copies, so maybe there's a good chance. Has anyone on here pre-ordered and received the records yet? Also, were these ever made available anywhere outside their website?
    Last edited by imail724; 01-29-2018 at 09:27 AM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Look what finally showed up. Has everyone been receiving the extra Isn't Anything test pressing?

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Also, were these ever made available anywhere outside their website?
    Late reply, but Kevin Shields hadn't responded to questions on whether these would be available elsewhere (at the time). The plan is to only sell these from the MBV website.

From what I understand, there were multiple test runs done for Isn't Anything with the runs being between 1000 and 5000. I'm not sure how true this is, since the labels are all the same on the test pressings I've seen.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    These packages are beautiful BTW. They're both housed in these heavy, book-like gatefolds and they both sound incredible. Highly recommend scooping these up if you haven't yet.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    I bought them. Paid nearly as much for the goddamn shipping as I did for both albums in the bundle package. For that price, I'd better be getting a test pressing bonus AND Bilinda Butcher for the weekend..

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post
    I bought them. Paid nearly as much for the goddamn shipping as I did for both albums in the bundle package. For that price, I'd better be getting a test pressing bonus AND Bilinda Butcher for the weekend..
    I paid about $60 total for the two records with shipping. $20 in shipping seemed steep, but now that I have them in my hands I can say they are easily worth $30 each. Money well spent.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I'm glad in a way that Kevin is realising time is creeping up on him, and that he needs to get a move on with new stuff instead of the Loveless revisits.

I know what he says and does are two different things but I would love a couple of EP's and an album for sure.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    2018 Tour Dates (some US ones just announced!)

06/23 – London, UK @ Royal Festival Hall (Robert Smith’s Meltdown Festival)
    06/30-07/07 – Roskilde, DK @ Roskilde Festival
    07/12-14 – Bilbao, ES @ Bilbao BBK Live
    07/17 – Seattle, WA @ Paramount
    07/19-20 – Oakland, CA @ Fox Theater
    07/22 – Los Angeles, CA @ FYF Fest CANCELED
    07/22 – Los Angeles, CA @ Shrine Expo Hall
    07/25 – St. Paul, MN @ Palace Theatre

07/27-28 – Chicago, IL @ Riviera Theatre
    07/30 – Philadelphia, PA @ The Fillmore
    08/01 – New York, NY @ Hammerstein Ballroom
    08/17 – Makuhari Messe, JP @ Sonic Mania
    Last edited by halo eighteen; 05-15-2018 at 12:36 PM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I'm pissed the NYC show is the same night Smashing Pumpkins play MSG, but MBV plays too infrequently to miss this. Hopefully SP comes back around next year.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I might be in Montreal when they roll through Seattle FML.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    I'm pissed the NYC show is the same night Smashing Pumpkins play MSG, but MBV plays too infrequently to miss this. Hopefully SP comes back around next year.
    I'm pissed the LA show is during Comic Con week and is at a festival. If it wasn't in a festival setting I would totally make the drive back but not anymore.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    The closest date for me is NY, but I will be away that whole week.

I hope they add some dates in Canada, I don’t wanna miss this!

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Getting NY tix was surprisingly quick and painless during the Brooklyn Vegan presale. Sucks I have to miss out on the reunited Pumpkins, but I never thought I'd get to see MBV!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Got a ticket to the Oakland show. I’m pumped. Didn’t think I would get to see them either. The presale was painless.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    https://imgur.com/a/prcLNYv

Here's an interesting Sound on Sound article about the making of Only Shallow and the rest of Loveless with Kevin!