Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: My Bloody Valentine

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    FYF Fest has been canceled, so look for a possible LA headline show to be announced really soon..

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    FYF Fest has been canceled, so look for a possible LA headline show to be announced really soon..
    Rumor has it the promoters are moving them to the Desert Daze festival.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by virushopper View Post
    Rumor has it the promoters are moving them to the Desert Daze festival.
    Damn.. well that gives hope for more fall dates at least! Setlist.fm has them not playing Detroit since '92, so I'll just still keep dreaming.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    July 22 - Shrine Expo Hall w/ Protomartyr

So much for more fall dates

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I got tickets for the Philadelphia show!!! I’ve never seen MBV...I’m so excited I thought I was going to pass out when I got the tix. Has anyone here been to The Fillmore? I hear it is a good venue. I wonder if they’re going to be as loud as 2008 or same as 2013? I have heard a lot of people say that in 2013 they weren’t nearly as loud as they were in the past.

By the way...for those of you that don’t know...J Mascis’ side project Heavy Blanket will be opening the NYC and Philly shows!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RroseSelavy View Post
    I got tickets for the Philadelphia show!!! I’ve never seen MBV...I’m so excited I thought I was going to pass out when I got the tix. Has anyone here been to The Fillmore? I hear it is a good venue. I wonder if they’re going to be as loud as 2008 or same as 2013? I have heard a lot of people say that in 2013 they weren’t nearly as loud as they were in the past.

By the way...for those of you that don’t know...J Mascis’ side project Heavy Blanket will be opening the NYC and Philly shows!
    I hear you! I’m so excited to see them in July. Never seen them live, but am anticipating it will be surreal. I saw Slowdive last year and they put on a dense, amazing show, and I imagine this will be just as awesome. I really want to see mbv play “lose my breath” but I don’t think they’ve played it live for quite some time looking at setlist.fm. Hope you enjoy the show!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by perceptionnexus View Post
    I hear you! I’m so excited to see them in July. Never seen them live, but am anticipating it will be surreal. I saw Slowdive last year and they put on a dense, amazing show, and I imagine this will be just as awesome. I really want to see mbv play “lose my breath” but I don’t think they’ve played it live for quite some time looking at setlist.fm. Hope you enjoy the show!
    id kill to hear that and Off Your Face.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    id kill to hear that and Off Your Face.
    Right! Their 2013 setlists were pretty on point looking at them. I’d imagine they’ll be playing stuff from the ep that’s coming out this summer. I’m excited to see what direction they take from that 2013 album

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah I’d love to hear new stuff

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by acrid avid jam shred View Post
    https://imgur.com/a/prcLNYv

Here's an interesting Sound on Sound article about the making of Only Shallow and the rest of Loveless with Kevin!
    This article made me really listen to loveless and then really listen to mbv. Now I appreciate it much more. Thanks.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

I did NOT know that!! I love Dinosaur Jr so that's great news!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I know! J Mascis and Kevin Shields in the same night!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Does anyone believe we will get a release before their first show of the new tour? It’s getting awfully close...especially if they plan on playing new songs during the gigs.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Does anyone believe we will get a release before their first show of the new tour? It’s getting awfully close...especially if they plan on playing new songs during the gigs.
    I hope we do! But i’m still bummed they’re not coming to Canada.

It is supposed to be an EP, right?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    This new release from MBV is one of my most anticipated release this year, maybe the most aside from new NIN and Tool (unlikely).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tremolo View Post
    I hope we do! But i’m still bummed they’re not coming to Canada.

It is supposed to be an EP, right?

Kevin stated in an interview recently that there are 2 EP’s that are like 30-40mins long each. I believe he said he wanted to release one this summer and one in the distant future. I was hoping he would drop the EP before the tour starts but...it’s only s few more days until the first gig.

BTW...anyone ever have any luck meeting the band after a gig? Not sure if they are known for being approachable after shows or not.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Anybody know if there's an opening act on the upcoming tour?

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by perceptionnexus View Post
    Anybody know if there's an opening act on the upcoming tour?
    Dunno about the rest of the tour

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Ive met Debbie Goodge from when she was in Primal Scream briefly in 2012 she is really cool.
    My friend who is about 15 years older than me saw them in London in 1991, Jason Kember from Spacemen 3 was supporting them, The gig was extreme noise and strobe lights for 70 minutes, completely overwhelming, people were being sick and having to leave the venue, they got in serious fights with venue managers, ive heard some bootlegs from this period, Ive got one from 1988 its unbearably loud you can hear the audience in pain groaning at a few points, don't know if I could cope at one of those shows.
    but it works...just very intense, scary, but MBV shows were about intensity.

I saw them in 2008 at their first reunion show in 16 years , it was like a warm up gig only about 200 people, it was so fucking loud I could not hear properly for about 3 days afterwards, I remember getting the train home from the gig and struggling to hear what the announcer was saying, nothing like it..I saw them again a few weeks later when the 'real' shows started again at bigger venues, the volume was lower I feel maybe they felt they could not deal with that level of volume again. so toned it down, it was still much louder than other concerts, but that first gig oh my god, and even that one was not as loud as the show between 1988-92.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    i honestly HATED how loud they were. i know they're very much known for their live volume, and as a devout shoegaze kid dating back to the 90s, i understand that noise is part of the bliss, but if you're playing so fucking loud that i can't hear the melodies; the sublime, heartsoaring melodies that make your music so great, then i can't hang. glad to hear they've toned that down.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    MBV played a new song at their Meltdown gig!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by acrid avid jam shred View Post
    MBV played a new song at their Meltdown gig!

Thank you!!!
    It is awesome, i love it. Can't wait to hear a better quality version of it.
    Kevin really has such a unique sound to his guitar playing. No other Shoegaze bands sound exactly like him. Sure they have things in common, but MBV are in a league of their own.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Sad to see they seemed to remove Sometimes and Thorn from their setlist...but if they keep What You Want in the set...thar Is pretty awesome.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Anyone that went to any of the recent shows know if they were selling the MBV record at the merch booth?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Some classic Kevin in a brand new interview: https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...y-life-699266/

A very insightful interview that is great to read, but just ends up with the usual Kevin excuses about why the new stuff isn't done yet and how it will definitely come out. Shame on me for thinking he had it together this time.

Good facts:

- The new song they've been playing isn't recorded yet, was put together in rehearsals.
    - New EP 'not too complete, more half made'.
    - Still skirting between two EP's or a mini album.
    - It'll take Kevin 'Three albums of material' to get everything realized that he has ready.

I'm pretty disappointed he's still far behind with everything, can only hope for a new record this year now if we are lucky.

Last edited by Jord; 07-18-2018 at 02:34 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Great interview! That song that Kevin described near the end sounds so cool, I'm still excited to hear new material from MBV even if it might not be released this year!

The video from Fender with Kevin for the Jazzmaster's 60th anniversary was a nice surprise. It's so fucking awesome to get a peek inside his studio and all of the guitars he's accumulated over the years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    They played a new song in seattle last night. Someone posted a short clip of it...from what i could hear it sounds AMAZING and very different from anything they’ve released before. It’s a beautiful melody in waltz time. Here’s the only clip I could find of it.

https://mobile.twitter.com/vinylscro...73532915363840
    Last edited by RroseSelavy; 07-18-2018 at 09:36 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    The Fender piece was cool, but man I'm really bummed that there isn't a solid release plan yet for the new music. I was hoping they'd have the EP out in time for this US tour. Seeing them next week, and I can't wait though, really looking forward to hearing these new songs. Hoping they have some new swag at the merch table too.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Seeing the show tonight in Oakland. Got here early to not deal with traffic later. I am excited!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by burninglard View Post
    Seeing the show tonight in Oakland. Got here early to not deal with traffic later. I am excited!
    Please post details after the gig!!!