Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
I’ve been extremely close to this whole thing for the last 5 years. I’ve invested time and resources into helping the foundation of the “digital firearm”. I’ll tell you whatever you want.

The first thing to know is that almost 100% of the last week or two of news coverage is saturated with factually incorrect info, including everything politicians are saying. This is about any digital file that can tell a machine how to produce a firearm. 3D printers, milking machines, CNC machines, etc. There was only one 3D file on DefDist’s site, but politicians want it ALL censored.

Specifications on firearms have always been available to the public. Hell the AR-15 specs were put into the public domain by our own military. This is just like how the Anarchist Cookbook was primarily built from public info, like Army manuals. The info isn’t illegal, the act of producing things with the info is.

We already know that code qualifies as speech. It’s been through court. We know that machine instructions are nothing more than a digital representation of the specifications that are public. It’s more speech. This is why the federal govt decided to settle they 5yr legal situation. They couldn’t win it, and it would have turned into a SCOTUS ruling that wasn’t in their favor.

But now state govts are acting like China and trying to block a single website. It’s ridiculous. Especially when you realize that those files are all over the internet. With any luck, these idiots will produce the SCOTUS rulings that, once again, says code is speech.

And to touch on your original question: yes the one 3D file that DefDist has, the Liberator, is a single shot novelty. All the panic over it is uninformed and intentional marketing. Even the “omg can’t be detected by metal detectors” bullshit is dumb because A: the design includes a huge chunk of metal for legal compliance, and B: ammunition shows up very clearly on metal detectors.
agree with everything you stated, again hype and fear hyping, i want go as far as using a term like' fake news". but news is much more basically an infomercial, remember fear and sex or not getting sex are the two biggest marketing tools known to man. i may have stated before but when i grew up my next door neighbor wa ex airborne. so i went to i ton of gun shows i'd usually drive him home because he'd get to fucked up holding court with his war buddies. look i was too young to buy gun but ok to drve him home which i wasn't point is i bought books like anarchists cookbook and how to kill vol 1-5, you def buy parts to make serviceable weapon we had zip guns, but you'd be shy some brain cells to use one.
-Louie