Page 79 of 79 FirstFirst ... 29 69 77 78 79
Results 2,341 to 2,347 of 2347

Thread: Gun Talk - News, Laws, etc.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Sean Hannity is a stupid asshole. I'm now convinced we're starting to live in a Fascist state.

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Ted Nugent: GUNS R GREAT! HOORAY FOR GUNS!! SHOOT BARACK OBAMA!

Also Ted Nugent: No, you can't fucking bring guns to my concert, r u insane?!. Look at other mass shootings. That shit is bad. No guns allowed at MY show.

What a fucking wanker.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    3d printed guns here's my deal, look i don't really care here is an issue when it blows up in someones hand or kills someone that has nothing to do with the intent of the gun printed guns intent it's not a issue of second amendment, but public safety same way as kit cars or airplanes are highly regulated if you want to fly around in a plane you slapped to together in your garage have at but when said plane falls out of the sky and kills people who had no say there is issue as the prophet Paul Simon said,"these are the days of miracle and wonder"
    -louie
    Last edited by Louie_Cypher; 07-30-2018 at 04:31 PM. Reason: clean up on isle 5

Mentioned
    172 Post(s)
    Of course you are liable for harming someone with any of your possessions, regardless how you procured it.

The new coverage and political rhetoric from our politicians on this topic is so immensely bad that I am just shocked. And considering how low my expectations are for these people, thatís saying a lot.

The recent actions by 21+ state Attorney Generals trying to block this website from being viewed by their citizens is China grade bullshit. And now we have a Washington judge manage to temporarily block the site for the entire country. There are some HUGE first amendment issues here and itís going to unwind in fascinating ways. I said this day was coming... it just took 5 years to get here. Hopefully whatís next is a SCOTUS ruling that blueprints (just like code) is speech. And Iíd love to see SCOTUS strip local judges of having nation-wide impact like this.

But hey, letís hear it for a tiny little group of Anarchists who wouldnít back down from a fight with the government. They made the DoJ rewrite ITAR, pay their legal fees, and even admit that the AR-15 is not inherently military. This is REAL politics. Fuck your vote. Now a bunch of state Dems, even some Republicans, and a confused Trump are going to step up to the plate? Letís fucking do it!

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I've been hearing things about how 3D-printed guns are essentially useless, except for perhaps suicide. Anyone here with more knowledge on this?

Mentioned
    172 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    I've been hearing things about how 3D-printed guns are essentially useless, except for perhaps suicide. Anyone here with more knowledge on this?
    Iíve been extremely close to this whole thing for the last 5 years. Iíve invested time and resources into helping the foundation of the ďdigital firearmĒ. Iíll tell you whatever you want.

The first thing to know is that almost 100% of the last week or two of news coverage is saturated with factually incorrect info, including everything politicians are saying. This is about any digital file that can tell a machine how to produce a firearm. 3D printers, milking machines, CNC machines, etc. There was only one 3D file on DefDistís site, but politicians want it ALL censored.

Specifications on firearms have always been available to the public. Hell the AR-15 specs were put into the public domain by our own military. This is just like how the Anarchist Cookbook was primarily built from public info, like Army manuals. The info isnít illegal, the act of producing things with the info is.

We already know that code qualifies as speech. Itís been through court. We know that machine instructions are nothing more than a digital representation of the specifications that are public. Itís more speech. This is why the federal govt decided to settle they 5yr legal situation. They couldnít win it, and it would have turned into a SCOTUS ruling that wasnít in their favor.

But now state govts are acting like China and trying to block a single website. Itís ridiculous. Especially when you realize that those files are all over the internet. With any luck, these idiots will produce the SCOTUS rulings that, once again, says code is speech.

And to touch on your original question: yes the one 3D file that DefDist has, the Liberator, is a single shot novelty. All the panic over it is uninformed and intentional marketing. Even the ďomg canít be detected by metal detectorsĒ bullshit is dumb because A: the design includes a huge chunk of metal for legal compliance, and B: ammunition shows up very clearly on metal detectors.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    I’ve been extremely close to this whole thing for the last 5 years. I’ve invested time and resources into helping the foundation of the “digital firearm”. I’ll tell you whatever you want.

The first thing to know is that almost 100% of the last week or two of news coverage is saturated with factually incorrect info, including everything politicians are saying. This is about any digital file that can tell a machine how to produce a firearm. 3D printers, milking machines, CNC machines, etc. There was only one 3D file on DefDist’s site, but politicians want it ALL censored.

Specifications on firearms have always been available to the public. Hell the AR-15 specs were put into the public domain by our own military. This is just like how the Anarchist Cookbook was primarily built from public info, like Army manuals. The info isn’t illegal, the act of producing things with the info is.

We already know that code qualifies as speech. It’s been through court. We know that machine instructions are nothing more than a digital representation of the specifications that are public. It’s more speech. This is why the federal govt decided to settle they 5yr legal situation. They couldn’t win it, and it would have turned into a SCOTUS ruling that wasn’t in their favor.

But now state govts are acting like China and trying to block a single website. It’s ridiculous. Especially when you realize that those files are all over the internet. With any luck, these idiots will produce the SCOTUS rulings that, once again, says code is speech.

And to touch on your original question: yes the one 3D file that DefDist has, the Liberator, is a single shot novelty. All the panic over it is uninformed and intentional marketing. Even the “omg can’t be detected by metal detectors” bullshit is dumb because A: the design includes a huge chunk of metal for legal compliance, and B: ammunition shows up very clearly on metal detectors.
    agree with everything you stated, again hype and fear hyping, i want go as far as using a term like' fake news". but news is much more basically an infomercial, remember fear and sex or not getting sex are the two biggest marketing tools known to man. i may have stated before but when i grew up my next door neighbor wa ex airborne. so i went to i ton of gun shows i'd usually drive him home because he'd get to fucked up holding court with his war buddies. look i was too young to buy gun but ok to drve him home which i wasn't point is i bought books like anarchists cookbook and how to kill vol 1-5, you def buy parts to make serviceable weapon we had zip guns, but you'd be shy some brain cells to use one.
    -Louie