Page 75 of 97 FirstFirst ... 25 65 73 74 75 76 77 85 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,250 of 2907

Thread: Gun Talk - News, Laws, etc.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I was actually quite shocked that Killer Mike was pro-gun. I wouldn't have expected that.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    The guy routinely points out how much of an enemy the government is to black people. And how that reality does not align well with "so you should give the government your guns". But go ahead and call him stupid.
    So in keeping with reality and modern times, when is the last time a black person got off on self defense after wounding or killing a cop?

What fantasy land is Killer Mike living in where he figures he can take on the government in this day and age?

The same fantasy land as all the other doomsday types it seems.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    That might be the most white supremacist thing to have been uttered on this forum. Let's tell BLM to wrap it up. The govt they are oppressed by is just too strong!
    Oh fuck you, that's not what i meant at all.

I'm talking about the need for arms in this conversation, BLM isn't parading the streets with AR-15s are they? I didn't think so.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Killer Mike's stance isn't new and it's certainly not fringe. It became part of the public awareness during the civil rights movement. MLK vs Malcom X.

Shit, modern gun control was born from the desire to suppress the Black Panthers. And here we are decades later and the negative results of modern gun control are disproportionately impacting on people of color.
    don't think we saw what happened to a law abiding gun owner of color who was reaching for his gun license when he was shot dead in front of his girlfriend and kid, i don't think we know or want to know how deep the racism goes in this country. don't tell me about white privilege I've experienced it first hand, when playing with an all black reggae band. we were loading up after a show the cops showed up had us unload everything to look for pot. not two weeks earlier an all white band with a full bottle of vodka next to the driver seat was sitting said nothing! so kind of hard to argue rights when only one group has them
    -Louie

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)

The fact that they thought he had a gun got him killed or at least that's what they're using to excuse their racism so please tell me what the victim having a firearm would have achieved in this situation?

Then you have Philando Castile, murdered after TELLING the cop he had a firearm in the vehicle. What did that accomplish?
    Last edited by thelastdisciple; 03-25-2018 at 02:31 PM.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    the fact that your implied conclusion to this is "...and so that's why we should give that group more power and take away power from the weaker group" says everything.
    curious what this "fact is which conclusion i am implying and which group is giving and giving up the power?
    -Louie

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Black people have always been pro gun; it’s the only defense they have; @DigitalChaos is absolutely right, look up the Black Panthers. One of my biggest problems with the NRA is that they’re not inclusive, it’s a white organization that is terrified of armed black people; that fear often makes the white NRA members (read: people sending memberships dues to the NRA) buy MORE guns.

(1) The “mental health” argument is often presented, except President Reagan closed all Federal mental institutions in the 80s (they were terrible places) with the hope that private and better organizations would replace them; that never happened; and Medicaid, which pays for a huge portion of mental health care, keeps getting underfunded; also, while the Florida shooter was and is a disturbed young man who needs help, the people blaming mental health want to convict him as sane and go for the death penalty; if he was truly mentally ill, he would not be guilty due to that mental illness and would be institutionalized instead of jailed or executed; can’t have it both ways;

(3) The Baker Act exists in Florida, look it up; the Sheriff’s Deputy stationed at the Parkland school (one has been there for several decades) moved to “Baker Act” the Florida shooter last year, but school authorities rejected it; had he been Baker Acted, it is likely that the kid would not have been able to purchase guns

(8) What we really need, immediately, to help protect kids in school is to SECURE THE FACILITIES. We are talking bulletproof glass, multiple armed security guards (Columbine had four shooters), metal detectors and scanners at all doors, etc., much like what we have at all airports, courthouses, and Federal buildings. Why after so many school shootings we only have the equivalent of tornado drills is ridiculous.
    Last edited by allegro; 03-26-2018 at 12:53 AM.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Mass school murders via shootings could greatly be reduced if only the kids knew how to perform CPR:
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/video/news...BKG0xT?ocid=sf

Just think, if Yoko Ono had known how to perform CPR John Lennon may have lived.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    Mass school murders via shootings could greatly be reduced if only the kids knew how to perform CPR:
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/video/news...BKG0xT?ocid=sf

Just think, if Yoko Ono had known how to perform CPR John Lennon may have lived.
    They performed CPR on Lennon immediately; the giant hole in his head didn’t care. Santorum and Rubio (the latter keeps posting ridiculous Bible verses) are TERRIFIED of these young voters. They’re shitting their pants.
    Last edited by allegro; 03-26-2018 at 12:52 AM.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    They performed CPR on Lennon immediately; the giant hole in his head didn’t care.
    Tell that to Rick "frothy" Santorum.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    (8) What we really need, immediately, to help protect kids in school is to SECURE THE FACILITIES. We are talking bulletproof glass, multiple armed security guards (Columbine had four shooters), metal detectors and scanners at all doors, etc., much like what we have at all airports, courthouses, and Federal buildings. Why after so many school shootings we only have the equivalent of tornado drills is ridiculous.
    Sure. This would make for an ideal place to study and learn and concentrate on class.

I'm sorry but my takeaway from your describtion is this: your country is truly fucked.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by r_z View Post
    Sure. This would make for an ideal place to study and learn and concentrate on class.

I'm sorry but my takeaway from your describtion is this: your country is truly fucked.
    It’s a huge country (space), that took us nearly 100 years to pioneer (always with guns), we had a civil war which killed 1,264,000 soldiers (!!), and this security is NOTHING like what Israelis live with every day (where bomb shelters are a home necessity). We are lucky, we went 100s of years with barely any security; our luck ran out.

In the 70s, our schools actually had MORE security than we see now; but it got lax due to a combination of many things; more security actually makes us feel safer. It’s a pain in the ass at first, but then we see the benefits.

Because we can’t get our shit together enough to fix underlying causes: social media and anonymous communication leading to isolation, cyberbullying, lack of true connections for developing kids, and the total lack of interconnected resources to deal with issues like poverty, mental illness, crime, etc.
    Last edited by allegro; 03-25-2018 at 04:23 PM.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    i agree with the above posting, i will say we are looking at the problem incorrectly, therefore we will always arrive at an incorrect solution. here is a very interesting Yale study https://www.shop.com/Lap+Dance+Spike...09574-p+.xhtml
    -Louie

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    @Louie_Cypher , I don’t think that’s what you MEANT to link ;-D

Wow, that’s a fascinating article!!
    Last edited by allegro; 03-26-2018 at 12:56 AM.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    @Louie_Cypher , I don’t think that’s what you MEANT to link ;-D
    year was a study on fear base conservative policies are saw it tried to change but didn't save edit before leaving. so i have bsmd leanings https://www.buzzworthy.com/yale-stud...into-liberals/ there is the correct article. very least of incriminating things in my browser cache but thanks for the heads up allegro
    -louie
    Last edited by Louie_Cypher; 03-25-2018 at 05:19 PM. Reason: link check

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    i think that folks really want to abide by notions from the 1700s should have indoor plumbing taken away so that can really get in touch with the era. & import a pack of pissed off indigenous people to hassle them once in awhile.

PS: i kid, kid! sort of. at least we are still allowed to have a discussion about this sort of thing. who knows how long that is going to last. the protests yesterday were a good thing but unless these kids get naked & cover themselves in $100 bills, congress isn't going to pay attention. UNLESS they start getting voted out of office. hard to get off the public sugar tit.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Video update from Killer Mike.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...580952385&_rdr

Some areas feel like a dishonest backtrack, especially the bit about his kid. But at least it provides clarity for those who were massively misrepresenting him.
    I loved it, I think he was really honest all the way through. Two thumbs up.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    @louie_cypher , i don’t think that’s what you meant to link ;-d

wow, that’s a fascinating article!!
    hahahahahahahahahaha

Aslo: santorum. hehehehehehe. you guys said santorum.
    Last edited by elevenism; 03-26-2018 at 04:27 AM.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    I think Mike's apology is important but I also think analyzing the fact that he played himself is also important. Mike should've known better, and that's why Black Twitter came for his ass Saturday afternoon once that interview started circulating. It wasn't about Mike speaking out against taking guns away - it was because he allowed himself to show up on nratv (I refuse to capitalize that bullshit), thus allowing himself to become their counter-programming for white people not paying attention to the march.

https://www.theroot.com/issa-trap-ho...gro-1824068041

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Anywhere where some celebrity chef or whomever appeared at Saturday's march and they posted it on Instagram, they were flooded FOR TWO DAYS with awful comments, akin to "Unfollowing you, you stupid bitch" or "I used to respect you, now I have to unfollow you," etc. so the notion that white NRA members weren't paying attention to the marches on Saturday is false; they were paying attention, and they were visibly ANGRY about it, and blaming George Soros, "liberal commies," and a whole slew of others.

Also, re that article's comment that the NRA only exists to make money for gun manufacturers: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.af69053ce4e4
    Last edited by allegro; 03-28-2018 at 11:23 PM.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    talking to someone about the killer mike thing, and it occurred, to me when ever the right faces or more correctly places a wedge issue its always very black and white issue, so in this case either, we have to take everyone's gun impossible, let's have a war on war, or "no fighting in the war room". so while i could care less about stormy Daniels, i don't care what the idiot does on his free time, or how he values his marriage Clinton was different because, one it was an intern two he totally lied under oath. so that said what i do think is it's horrible the Mr. gay conversion therapy family values guy the VP. does not resign say a word. one of my main issues with the right and x-stains in general. is their level of hypocrisy. same you OK gay marriage doesn't mean you're going to get ass raped using the bathroom pro just because girls don't want to won't fuck you. doesn't mean guys will. now to mistakenly posting embarrassing links.
    louie

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    this is a good genuine interview and points out a lot of the duplicity of race in America here is the NRA'S own websitehttps://home.nra.org/about-the-nra/ and history no mention of the second amendment, i will wager 90% of people don't know how how many amendments there are 27 so you can feel smart. the 2nd amendment. is vague and controversial even back in the day. I highly recommend a podcast call gun show which explores the history of guns in America. some may find it dry. but like my humor and martini's i prefer my info dry and to the point. as stated before. the right always seems to argue i the extremist black and white idiocy. so to be clear regulation, and prohibition are two clear and separate things now one ever screamed their coming for your cigarettes or cars office building or home all of which are regulated in some form or another. so to be extra clear gay marriage wont affect your marriage one way or another same as letting trans folks use public restrooms, or immigration. most of these things are about freedom of choice, which is the basis of democracy. which i thought the republican's were supposed to champion. the sole purpose of the government is the protection of it's citizen's as a collective. that is it. we have a lot more issues that threaten us as a whole such dismantling of the EPA, race inequality of income, opportunity and education. my opinion most of these Trump has made worse. good listen
    -louie
    Last edited by Louie_Cypher; 03-28-2018 at 03:47 PM. Reason: wanted to add podcast

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Louie_Cypher View Post
    i will wager 90% of people don't know how how many amendments there are 27 so you can feel smart.
    The first ten were the Bill of Rights which were based on this:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_of_Rights_1689

See “Provisions of the Act.”

The main point of our 2nd Amendment is the the 4 words: “shall not be infringed” meaning the right already exists upon writing the 2nd Amendment, and is inalienable. It carries over from aforementioned 1689 British Bill of Rights, “Protestants may have arms for their defence suitable to their conditions and as allowed by law“

I’m a passenger in car on trip right now so can’t watch Killer Mike vid, but been thinking a lot about how black people have been handling the NRA wrong: If they joined the NRA en masse, posted pics of themselves wearing NRA gear and holding NRA cards, the shit would hit the fucking fan.
    Last edited by allegro; 03-28-2018 at 04:14 PM.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    if you listen to the radio lab link i posted you'll hear the the 2nd amendment wasn't even a thing until the back panthers used it in Oakland to police the police
    -Louie
    Last edited by Louie_Cypher; 03-28-2018 at 04:54 PM. Reason: two to tooo

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    WHOA, man, HOLY shit that Killer Mike conversation is incredible.

Great stuff.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Louie_Cypher View Post
    if you listen to the radio lab link i posted you'll hear the the 2nd amendment wasn't even a thing until the back panthers used it in Oakland to police the police
    -Louie
    Yeah I was around back then, remember it, but I saw a REALLY good documentary about the Black Panthers, called “Vanguard of the Revolution,” and how the Black Panthers responded to police brutality against blacks by walking around as an armed militia with open-carry arms, right up until California passed a law repealing open carry:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mulford_Act

Last edited by allegro; 03-28-2018 at 11:44 PM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    I was at DeFremery Park a few months ago for a funeral. It was weird seeing the history still in the park.
    Did they end up naming a section of the park after Bobby Hutton?

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Damned shame, too

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Oliver North to be president of the NRA.

Ooooooookay then.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)