Page 74 of 78 FirstFirst ... 24 64 72 73 74 75 76 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,220 of 2323

Thread: Gun Talk - News, Laws, etc.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Not guns, but weaponized technology. And the root is a concern on proliferation and control... so I think it should go here.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    fuck the NRA & the gun nuts in the US. confiscate & melt down everything unless they want to get real about background checks & licenses, etc.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)

Gun Talk - News, Laws, etc.

Come and take them, tough guy.

Oh and be ready for frequent return trips

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    ok. when we come to harvest you for the soylent green. reference test for you....

Mentioned
    749 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    ok. when we come to harvest you for the soylent green.
    I think that's why people want the guns! LOL.

Or this:

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    bigger concern at the moment repeal of net neutrality 1-888-call- FCC adjitpai@fcc.gov fill the inbox jam the lines
    -Louie

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    We have a lot of people who telework and this will probably directly affect them. I wish I could tell my boss that we should do something about it but my boss is - eventually - Donald Trump.

Mentioned
    749 Post(s)
    Dudes ...

ALL THIS IS DRIFT IN THIS THREAD

*sobs*
    Last edited by allegro; 11-23-2017 at 01:06 PM.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Speaking of guns. The group of Gabby Giffords released a report about what could be "the next bump stock"

https://giffords.org/wp-content/uplo...nd-Legal-1.pdf

#8 for potential "next bump stock" is a fucking muzzle loader. No joke. A MUZZLE LOADER.

yup, fuck your gun control. In between undermining all attempts at control, I'll be referencing this report for all the people who (incorrectly) say that the 2nd amendment is only for muzzle loaders.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Shit. I think I will just buy everything on that list because it's now scary to some people.

Mentioned
    749 Post(s)
    Now you’re just being mean

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Ugh wish you would just contribute to other parts of the board instead of this fixation here.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Dudes ...

ALL THIS IS DRIFT IN THIS THREAD

*sobs*
    True...I neglected to look at the title of the thread and was just responding to the last post. mea culpa

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    Shit. I think I will just buy everything on that list because it's now scary to some people.
    As a proud gun owner I have two very precise words for you: fuck off.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Muzzle loaders make everyone angry 🤣

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    Ugh wish you would just contribute to other parts of the board instead of this fixation here.
    I mean, if you want to discuss infosec, cryptoanarchism, cryptocurrency, and other shit like that I am game too. Those are usually even less popular topics. I don't even like guns, at least in the way you think of them.

I just got back from an evening with some press trying to understand the ideology behind private gun dispensing machines. It was pretty fascinating. They didn't fully "get" it when all was done, but they came a long way.
    Last edited by DigitalChaos; 11-29-2017 at 06:03 PM.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    I don't even like guns, at least in the way you think of them.
    What do you mean?

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantra View Post
    What do you mean?
    They provide a great vehicle for politics. Statements, action, change, etc. Its like incredibly potent art.

Their utility from a rights and politics perspective is similar in nature to cryptography, which I also appreciate a lot. Crypto doesn't carry the same potency as a symbolic tool though.

But the gun as a product, judged the same way you would a washing machine... I don't really care a whole lot.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    They provide a great vehicle for politics. Statements, action, change, etc. Its like incredibly potent art.

Their utility from a rights and politics perspective is similar in nature to cryptography, which I also appreciate a lot. Crypto doesn't carry the same potency as a symbolic tool though.

But the gun as a product, judged the same way you would a washing machine... I don't really care a whole lot.
    Hmm, interesting.

But do you own guns? I thought I remembered you talking about going to the shooting ranges and all that shit.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    ...so, what you're saying is (and please correct me if I'm wrong because I would love to be wrong), you're into guns for no other reason but because they agitate people on a political level?

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Hmm, interesting.

But do you own guns? I thought I remembered you talking about going to the shooting ranges and all that shit.
    Sure, just as I own a washing machine. And I have taken them to the range every 1-2 years because that's the bare minimum a gun owner should do to be responsible.

I have also made AR-15s due to the political aspect, yet I have still never shot an AR-15 in my entire life. One of these days I will probably get to it, but its not been very high on my priority list.

@Demogorgon - that's missing a giant aspect of what i last posted. Agitation is just a sub-component of the entire potential
    Last edited by DigitalChaos; 11-30-2017 at 01:13 AM.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    I have also made AR-15s due to the political aspect
    I'm kinda confused by this statement. What specifically does this mean? What is the "political aspect"?

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I'm kinda confused by this statement. What specifically does this mean? What is the "political aspect"?
    You know how some people get t-shirts of their favorite band? Or repping a political candidate/idea? Kinda like that but also the mere creation of one out here is a political act.

Remember when DeCSS happened in 1999/2000? https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/DeCSS
    People responded to the "illegal code" by putting it on shirts, in music, poems, etc. it was an act of protest and a legal way of circumventing the prohibition of the time.

It's like that.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    That is probably one of the most immature and irresponsible reasons to want to own a firearm ever. Of all time.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I bet you know how important the approval and judgement of others is for me.

Someone asked, i gave answers.
    Last edited by DigitalChaos; 11-30-2017 at 01:25 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I bet you know how important the approval and judgement of others is for me
    That is not the point, dude. What you do with your life is obviously your own decision, but you are either unaware or purposefully ignorant of the consequences of a decision like this. "Because I can" is such a shitty reason to own a gun.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Demogorgon View Post
    That is not the point, dude. What you do with your life is obviously your own decision, but you are either unaware or purposefully ignorant of the consequences of a decision like this. "Because I can" is such a shitty reason to own a gun.
    Really? What consequences do you think I am unaware of?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    For one, the perception of whether or not gun owners are responsible citizens defending their second amendment rights or a pack of crazed paranoid gun nuts who just like to shoot shit. Do you have any idea what the 2nd Amendment is all about? Do you really? Because owning a firearm "because I can" is not at all in line with the 2nd Amendment.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    So my never-fired weapons contribute to the perception that gun owners like to shoot shit. K lol.

The perception of the antis is irrelevant. It's been tried and they will just continually take and take. Appealing to them is a waste of time when you can make their opinions irrelevant.