Page 73 of 73 FirstFirst ... 23 63 71 72 73
Results 2,161 to 2,170 of 2170

Thread: Gun Talk - News, Laws, etc.

Mentioned
    718 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    This is a semantics issue; when the Media calls something a “mass shooting,” they mean one singular incident that happens at one time by one person or an organized group of persons (terrorists). Decades of whites killing Native Americans and stealing their land isn’t included in “mass shooting” data because it was over the course of days and years, not minutes or hours; bombs aren’t included in mass “shooting” data, either.

The point is correct: the NRA was totally for gun control when the Black Panthers openly carried arms to protect themselves from police brutality. The NRA didn’t give one shit about Philando Castile.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    twitter embedding fails a lot, so im adding a sublink within your post, just FYI.

and yeah... ive been thinking about what age I should be giving my kids some form of phone. The school explicitly bans them but there are many reason I'd like to be able to contact them. Emergencies are one of them.
    Huh, I just thought it was my shitty browser (IE11).

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Louie_Cypher View Post
    you want to see gun legislation get attention, have blacks and minorities, exercise their right to open carry
    -Louie
    No, we'd just have a lot more dead blacks and minorities.

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    I learned quite a bit about guns... from fucking politifact! wtf is happening?!?!

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...d-las-vegas-s/

That was a pretty solid read about suppressors. Lots I hadn't considered. Who and where a suppressor actually silences for, the difference between the gun's bang and the crack of the bullet, the fact that the room would have been able to do a superior job of any sort of acoustic stealth, etc.

@allegro - this also addresses the potential for instant hearing damage.
    Last edited by DigitalChaos; 10-10-2017 at 03:52 PM.

Mentioned
    718 Post(s)
    I learned quite a bit about guns... from fucking politifact! wtf is happening?!?!

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...d-las-vegas-s/

That was a pretty solid read about suppressors. Lots I hadn't considered. Who and where a suppressor actually silences for, the difference between the gun's bang and the crack of the bullet, the fact that the room would have been able to do a superior job of any sort of acoustic stealth, etc.

@allegro - this also addresses the potential for instant hearing damage.
    Whoa, interesting!!!

A shooting weapon produces two sounds. One is the crack of the bullet, which can be heard on most video recordings of the shooting and is produced by the bullet traveling faster than the speed of sound. This is unaffected by suppressors.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Georgia politician holds bump stock giveaway

NBC News on MSN.com ∑ 7 hours ago

A GOP senator running for governor in Georgia is giving away a bump stock, the modification apparently used by the Las Vegas shooter.

Well that's not tone deaf.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    Georgia politician holds bump stock giveaway

NBC News on MSN.com ∑ 7 hours ago

A GOP senator running for governor in Georgia is giving away a bump stock, the modification apparently used by the Las Vegas shooter.

Well that's not tone deaf.
    fuck that guy. this screams "i need attention."

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    It's not tone deaf at all if he is trying to attract defiant gun owners. You will commonly see giveaways of a gun product that politicians are trying to ban.

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    @allegro - yeah that was new to me too. But now it makes sense why subsonic ammo is a thing. It keeps the bullet from creating the sonic boom. It probably pairs well with a suppressor too. And before anyone decides to ban those, it just means the bullet has way less speed and effective distance.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    It's not tone deaf at all if he is trying to attract defiant gun owners. You will commonly see giveaways of a gun product that politicians are trying to ban.
    Yeah but it seems to happen a ton in my state and it's fucking disgusting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk