Page 70 of 70 FirstFirst ... 20 60 68 69 70
Results 2,071 to 2,084 of 2084

Thread: Gun Talk - News, Laws, etc.

  1. #2071
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,559
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

  2. #2072
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,911
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)

    Gun Talk - News, Laws, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    Stooge for NRA gets shot by gunnut. Fellow gunnuts point at/blame Dems for their "rhetoric."

    I don't type LOL much but I am actually laughing out loud at this. They STILL can't admit their huge role in this. Sad!
    Yeah. What seems to be a politically motivated shooting is funny because the people who got shot are basically the victims of their own policy. If they supported the other policy carried by the other party maybe they wouldn't have been shot, and it definitely wouldn't be funny then. It's funny because they basically shot themselves!

    Quick, someone get Gabby Giffords and ask her what Dem policy proposals ever have a chance of stopping any of the shootings the policies follow in the wake of.

    Maybe we can laugh at the victims of the Orlando shooting too because of their stance on self defense. Because these things are funny guys.

  3. #2073
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Northwest Indiana
    Posts
    1,699
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    It was knee jerk. I deleted it because it was in poor taste (and because more details were released that shed more light on the situation) but at least I got the right's reaction to it correct. Being in the NRA's pocket fucked them directly this time. I'm laughing at their response, not at Scalise, for the record.

    I think Giffords might point to the Dems' desire to get gun control on the slate for discussion.

    I saw several hot takes by right wing gunnuts about Pulse saying "they just needed good guys with guns." Because that is a GREAT SOLUTION THAT WORKS EVERY TIME.

    As for the shooter, it seems that maybe Congress trying to muscle a repeal of healthcare without giving a fuck in the least nor disclosing what's in the repeal might've been a bad strategy?
    Last edited by Swykk; 06-14-2017 at 11:53 AM.

  4. #2074
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,760
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    Yeah. What seems to be a politically motivated shooting is funny because the people who got shot are basically the victims of their own policy. If they supported the other policy carried by the other party maybe they wouldn't have been shot, and it definitely wouldn't be funny then. It's funny because they basically shot themselves!

    Quick, someone get Gabby Giffords and ask her what Dem policy proposals ever have a chance of stopping any of the shootings the policies follow in the wake of.

    Maybe we can laugh at the victims of the Orlando shooting too because of their stance on self defense. Because these things are funny guys.
    I think you're being a bit po-faced here. Ever heard of laughed at the Darwin Awards emails?

  5. #2075
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,911
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    @Swykk - i missed the delete. I was surprised that it was you posting it, honestly. A lot of people are saying what you are though, so it's worth at least mentioning.

    My giffords point was that gun control proposals that follow high profile shootings are almost always something that would have had zero impact on that shooting. Background checks after the shooter passed a background check, etc.

    In this case, good guys with guns (Scalise's security team) sounds exactly what stopped the shooting early. Nobody says it works EVERY time though. Keep in mind, a lot of the people saying this are the very people who were at the field when the shooting unfolded. ex: rand paul: https://twitter.com/MSNBC/status/874965298960412672
    It's one thing to make these claims from afar, as politicians usually do, but being involved in one of these shootings is probably going to test your ideologies.


    And yes, there are a lot on the right trying to point out motives and identity of the shooter. Supposedly a Bernie guy who is very anti-Trump or something. It's a mistake to assume this is motivated by a defense of their gun policy. The right would be doing the exact same thing if a bomb was used, or a truck, or a knife. Many of the pro gun control side will immediately fixate on gun control during a shooting and mistakenly assume everyone else has such a simple perspective... that everything said somehow connects to gun control.

  6. #2076
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Northwest Indiana
    Posts
    1,699
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Okay but in fairness, those guys are trained. That's not a be all end all statement, either because for example, look at all of the inefficient police that have killed unarmed people. They're supposedly trained as well.

  7. #2077
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,911
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Yup. Exactly. I have frequently mentioned that when you compare police vs citizen gun use, the police have a higher rate of injuring bystanders, etc. Police are usually "trained" in the laziest and cheapest way possible. Many of the citizens who carry take it much more seriously, which is probably why their average results are better when it comes time for it to matter.

    I have no idea what the security detail here looks like though, so I can't comment.

  8. #2078
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Montreal, QC
    Posts
    2,442
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    3 dead in shooting at UPS facility in San Francisco. Shooter shot himself afterwards.
    Tough day in the US.

    Fuck ... I promised myself I wouldn't post in this thread anymore.

  9. #2079
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,911
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    3 dead in shooting at UPS facility in San Francisco. Shooter shot himself afterwards.
    Tough day in the US.

    Fuck ... I promised myself I wouldn't post in this thread anymore.
    Yeah. We got the usual SMS notification that there was "police activity" in the area like there is every week. Thanks so much for the info assholes. Now im watching startup owners post on Facebook about how sad it is because they went to that UPS building to get a box and the people were really nice. I'm tempted to get a UPS profile overlay and start a #StandWithBrown campaign but I don't want to get fired quite yet.

  10. #2080
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,911
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Jesus. Bernie Sanders is now having to make statements after learning that the shooter worked for his election campaign.

  11. #2081
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    US of A
    Posts
    2,073
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

  12. #2082
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,911
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    You don't actually think this goes beyond a shallow quipp, right? I have a funny feeling you do though.... The only thing that draws a parallel here is the phrasing. It's not like one Bernie campaign worker with a gun is an insurrection about to overthrow the government. You'd need a whole lot of people. And that is one of the many things that tempers that process.

  13. #2083
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    US of A
    Posts
    2,073
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    You don't actually think this goes beyond a shallow quipp, right? I have a funny feeling you do though.... The only thing that draws a parallel here is the phrasing. It's not like one Bernie campaign worker with a gun is an insurrection about to overthrow the government. You'd need a whole lot of people. And that is one of the many things that tempers that process.
    You realize that people rally around shallow quips, right? They make for sound bytes, then people buy into them. Hundreds of thousands of people spent last summer screaming "lock her up", dressing in prison jumpsuits, and making an entire line of "Hilary for Prison" merchandise based on a shallow quip.

    One - especially a person in a political leadership position - does not get to suggest shooting government agents and then go "haha jk guys don't b so serious".

  14. #2084
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,911
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    You realize that people rally around shallow quips, right? They make for sound bytes, then people buy into them. Hundreds of thousands of people spent last summer screaming "lock her up", dressing in prison jumpsuits, and making an entire line of "Hilary for Prison" merchandise based on a shallow quip.

    One - especially a person in a political leadership position - does not get to suggest shooting government agents and then go "haha jk guys don't b so serious".
    I was actually referring to your post as the quipp. And I was right. You actually do think resurrecting his comment holds actual value against what happened today. Holy shit.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions