Page 69 of 97 FirstFirst ... 19 59 67 68 69 70 71 79 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,070 of 2907

Thread: Gun Talk - News, Laws, etc.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    on new year's eve in the fields is fun though. (i didn't mean to imply that i advocate shooting in the 'burbs! though it sorta looked like that.)

even in a low / non populated area it's dangerous. just ask dick cheney and hunter thompson!

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    This video recently came out of Keanu Reeves doing some really impressive training for his role in John Wick. He did lots of martial arts training too, but... gun thread.

FYI - This is considered "3 gun competition" and is one of the many skill based competitions you can find in the firearms community.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    For anyone curious what the future of gun control is going to have to think about, this is what it looks like:

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Great idea.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)

Gun Talk - News, Laws, etc.

So, Cody Wilson (the 3D gun guy) finally is getting to the good stuff with his lawsuit against the State Department. Today he had the oral argument in the 5th Circuit and immediately posted an audio recording.

http://www.ca5.uscourts.gov/OralArgR...9_6-6-2016.mp3

I can't believe how entertaining that was to listen to. The judge(?) completely tore into the guy representing the State Department. Based on this recording, it seems like the First Amendment will prevail here. @allegro - I feel like this would be of interest to you both due to the entertainment value and the very unique first amendment scenario that supports a very heavy second amendment application.

For people who don't know who this guy is or what I'm talking about, The Guardian recently published this ridiculous but hilarious article about him after meeting him.
    http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2...ower-receivers
    Last edited by DigitalChaos; 06-07-2016 at 02:33 AM.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Trump tweeted this morning:

"I will be meeting with the NRA, who has endorsed me, about not allowing people on the terrorist watch list, or the no fly list, to buy guns."

Holy shit! Gun control talk from the Republican nominee.
    Also, Fox News' Gretchen Carlson came out in favor of reinstating the assault weapon ban. O'Reilly said it was too easy to obtain "high-powered weaponry" in America.

What's happening??

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    The trump tweet is probably better in the election thread. It's not specific and seems to easily come with a truncated "whether or not it's a good idea to" in there, at least until he says otherwise.

As for the Fox talking heads... yup. They got scared. TEH MOOSLIMS. 9/11 type mentality.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    Trump tweeted this morning:

"I will be meeting with the NRA, who has endorsed me, about not allowing people on the terrorist watch list, or the no fly list, to buy guns."

Holy shit! Gun control talk from the Republican nominee.
    Also, Fox News' Gretchen Carlson came out in favor of reinstating the assault weapon ban. O'Reilly said it was too easy to obtain "high-powered weaponry" in America.

What's happening??
    HAAAAA HA HA I CALLED IT!

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    Great idea.

you may not like the idea, but its something you'll have to figure out how to deal with. welcome to the future.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    so now West Hollywood has been plastered with rainbow flag versions of the Gadsden flag, with the words "shoot back" at the bottom

I wonder how many of the people involved in this campaign "totally have gay friends."

First of all, it's pretty crass to push back against a call for gun reform by feigning sympathetic solidarity with a community recently devastated by gun violence.

Maybe I'm wrong though, and maybe this really was put together by pink pistols or something.

Either way, it doesn't make sense. Getting a concealed carry permit in California is next to impossible. If we're talking about Florida, even if you have a CCW you cannot conceal-carry into a bar, so this option to "shoot back" is nonsense.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Every Gun Control Opponent Should Read This Assault Rifle Owner's Response To The Orlando Shooting

"On Wednesday, Army vet Brandyn Wayne took to Facebook to call out gun control critics in the wake of the horrific nightclub shooting in Orlando that claimed the lives of 49 people and injured many others."...(see link for more)

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    Gun sales surge among gays, lesbians after Orlando shooting

Also, Pink Pistol's membership has more than doubled this week.
    That's to be expected. What I don't believe is that PP had anything to do with that shitty campaign. I'm not going to bother delving into how stupid that article is... did they start asking people's sexual orientation as a part of the background check? Come on, you generally seem more cynical than this.

You're still not addressing any of the points I was making about how "shooting back" wasn't an option, and how that bullshit was pretty blatantly an appeal from people who are primarily a LOT more interested in guns than they are in gay civil rights.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 06-17-2016 at 08:36 AM.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    That's to be expected. What I don't believe is that PP had anything to do with that shitty campaign. I'm not going to bother delving into how stupid that article is... did they start asking people's sexual orientation as a part of the background check? Come on, you generally seem more cynical than this.
    believe it or not, most sellers learn a lot about the person buying. What they want it for, why, etc. Many buyers are extremely forward about why they are there, especially if it's due to a recent political or emotional urge. Add in the people who are outwardly gay, and its not hard for sellers to notice a variance in their buyer demographics. And if Pink Pistols saw membership double, do you really think it wouldn't translate into gun purchases?

Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    You're still not addressing any of the points I was making about how "shooting back" wasn't an option, and how that bullshit was pretty blatantly an appeal from people who are primarily a LOT more interested in guns than they are in gay civil rights.
    It's a hashtag that delivered a specific enough meaning. How I read it: Push for the changes needed that allow you to better defend yourself in these situations. Arm yourself for situations that aren't in gun free zones (even though it's almost always gun free zones). Possibly even disregard the law, because when you are trapped in a club for 3 hours with a shooter would you rather face a felony by pulling out your ankle-carried gun ...or die?

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Also, have you seen this newly released video of the Seattle school shooting? A single courageous person stopped the shooter with pepper spray and a tackle. It's a pretty illuminating video, in general, on the topic of shootings like this. Every single person in the video acts in extremely unexpected ways. That alone is disorienting. Add in the insane adrenaline rush of being present in that situation and it gets even worse. That's how these things play out.

It's really unfortunate that a club with over 300 people in it didn't go after the single shooter after being trapped in there with him for 3 hours while police tried to figure out what to do.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    believe it or not, most sellers learn a lot about the person buying. What they want it for, why, etc. Many buyers are extremely forward about why they are there, especially if it's due to a recent political or emotional urge. Add in the people who are outwardly gay, and its not hard for sellers to notice a variance in their buyer demographics.
    Come on man. Every now and again, I notice that you like to push an argument just for the sake of it. You have to know this isn't how statistics work. I'm down for arguing for arguing sake every now and again, but let's not get ridiculous.

And if Pink Pistols saw membership double, do you really think it wouldn't translate into gun purchases?
    Membership doesn't equate to actually purchasing. You have to know there's gay people out there who own guns who weren't previously registered members of Pink Pistols right? You also have to know that there's people signing up now as a gesture but not actually buying in, right? Also, you have to know that there's probably a large push from people who aren't actually gay joining the organization in a gesture of solidarity now (and we don't need to get into whether or not they're being genuine).

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    It's not a statistic. It's a perceived change as noted by sellers.

Yes, there are plenty who are simply signing up as well. It's not like 100% of sign ups are correlating to a purchase.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    the statement "sales are up" tends to relate to a statistical observation... if we're going by what Fox News is compiling about what gun owners are telling their intrepid reporters based on anecdotal stuff without statistical data to back it up... well...

Either way, like I said, I expect a lot of gay people to buy guns right now. I bet a lot of "all people" are buying guns right now.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    I agree on all points.

I would be confident enough to bet money on the LGBT purchase spike to be, comparatively, higher than the average spike in purchases. Sadly, the majority of gun buys in these situations is in direct response to the gun control push. It happens out here in CA all the time even without a mass shooting. The sales of AR-15 related items has been pretty extreme for the last few weeks because of some legislation that is being pushed against them. This happens whenever there is a perceived chance of a resource being constrained or halted. Doesn't matter if it's twinkies, gasoline, guns, etc.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Also, have you seen this newly released video of the Seattle school shooting? A single courageous person stopped the shooter with pepper spray and a tackle. It's a pretty illuminating video, in general, on the topic of shootings like this. Every single person in the video acts in extremely unexpected ways. That alone is disorienting. Add in the insane adrenaline rush of being present in that situation and it gets even worse. That's how these things play out.

It's really unfortunate that a club with over 300 people in it didn't go after the single shooter after being trapped in there with him for 3 hours while police tried to figure out what to do.

That's crazy... the video I mean. He shot her with a shotgun at that close range and... something about her reaction is really surreal and disturbing. That's not what I guess you expect to see happen when someone is shot at close range with a shotgun.

Regarding your other point... about how a club with 300 people and nobody did anything to stop it... I'm 99.5% sure you don't mean it any way similar to how I overheard someone basically joking about the orlando shooting last night, but it was one of the most insensitive and shitty bigoted things I've ever heard... to be honest, I don't want to repeat it, but I couldn't imagine the terror I'd feel if I was in a packed, loud night club and some insane guy started shooting people, laughing and smiling while he did it. I couldn't dare imply that I would have the courage to try to take him down. Earlier I watched the video clip of the survivors inside the club, hiding in the bathroom, and you can feel the terror and despair. It's fucking horrifying.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Yeah, the whole thing is very different than what most people have come to expect from what they visualize in their heads and what they see in movies. She ended up surviving after a very close hit from a fucking 12ga shotgun! That considered to have the largest amount of stopping power. That's like getting hit with 9 rounds from the typical AR-15. Apparently, the shooter said "I don't want to have to hurt you" and she just laughed and kept walking toward him. The two people he shot outside before this video did not survive.

Nobody can know how they will ever respond in any emergency situation unless they intentionally put themselves in an equally stressful situation as part of training. That video, even with the very few people in it, is still a good example of that. Beyond training, every person has an inherent response that triggers in emergencies. Some run, some lock up, and some fight for their life. In a crowd of 300+, its very likely that you will have some fighters. In a crowd of victims, you'll also have people who follow what others are doing, be it running or fighting. Not everyone is going to have the response required to diffuse a shooter situation and even those people might not have the opportunity to properly do so. But at least getting the general idea of "fight back" in peoples heads can change a lot. It's just like "stop drop and roll" is burned into kids heads pertaining to fire emergency... not everyone uses it but it helps a lot.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    shhhhhh. we gotta use that shooting to BAN the big scary black AR-15!

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)

After Orlando, the Homemade AR-15 Industry Surges

Proponents of gun control have no solution to this.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tom Arnold Pens Passionate Essay Arguing for Gun Control After Losing Nephew to Suicide

"It should be on the gun test: If you truly believe your metal tool/explosive device is a gift from above, then you should be deemed insane and unfit to legally own a gun."

Loved that.

A shame about his nephew.
    Last edited by thelastdisciple; 08-18-2016 at 06:57 PM.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Last edited by Dra508; 08-23-2016 at 01:20 PM.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dra508 View Post
    laaaaaaame. The idea that they are pushing civil disobedience in relation to an "obscene act" is so stupid even those who would supposedly enforce it are saying it doesn't apply.

They need to do this in places where sex toys are actually illegal. And since open carry is allowed in most of those places, they need to do it with AR-15's with bayonet-mounted dildos on them. But for a group using phrases like "toxic masculinity" i don't expect them to grow enough balls to do anything like that.
    Last edited by DigitalChaos; 08-23-2016 at 03:07 PM.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    If I didn't have a giant pile of responsibilities, this is the kind of stuff I would spend my time on. It would be a great reason to tour the country!

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)