Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Autechre

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    I returned my Nothing edition of the EP7 CD to the retailer because it didn't have that track. Had no idea they'd hidden it in a pregap AGAIN on the EP collection. Is it on any of the vinyl issues?
    Not that I have seen, it is definitely not available on the standard UK vinyl releases for EP7.1 and EP7.2. The song was even removed from the second printing/pressing of the UK CD.

That wonderful Russian torrent site has the proper edition available as an image+cue in the mean time, so you can check it out yourself if so inclined (don't forget to split tracks by Indices).

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    new surprise epic Autechre track landed today.
    spoiler warning: it's awesome

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    oh shit they've done it

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    And the official site has been down for 3 days or more now.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Last edited by |mando|; 05-19-2016 at 11:07 AM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    So Autechre just released a 5 part new release (21 tracks) available now...

elseq1-5
    https://autechre.bleepstores.com/

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post

elseq1-5
    Fukkin' sick.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)

elseq1-5
    Just came here to say this... downloading now!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Just came here to say this... downloading now!
    Sadly don't have the cash to drop on 24 bit until next week

I got the 9 live shows in 24 bit

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Holy shit this is good. Unexpectedly, from a massive thing. It's so out there but without being mindless or annoying. Wow.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Incredible stuff. Still digesting it all, but I'm just amazed by the consistency of mind blowing moments on this project.

elyc6 0nset, wow!!
    Last edited by exilajei; 05-22-2016 at 02:44 PM.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Before I invest time and money on this, can someone tell me if it's mostly musical Autechre or mostly noisy Autechre? I don't really have the stamina for 5 hours of Noise-Autechre these days.

Edit: Never mind: I bought the first disk, it's pretty good, so might go ahead and purchase the rest.
    Last edited by DF118; 05-22-2016 at 05:02 PM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Autechre playing LIVE right fucking now on the internets for two hours: https://www.nts.live/projects/autechre-nts-residency/

EDIT: And it's really fucking good.
    Last edited by Magtig; 04-05-2018 at 10:49 AM.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Yep, this is kickass! Just what I needed to make a boring day at work go by faster.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    There's gon be three more after today! From here: http://www.factmag.com/2018/04/03/au...dio-residency/

"Booth and Brown will be handling a short residency in April, with shows on April 5, 12, 19 and 26 at 4pm UK / 11am ET that can be streamed via the NTS site.

Anyone familiar with Autechre will no doubt know that it’s customary for the duo to make radio broadcasts around their releases. In 1997, they sent a special hour-long mix to radio stations across the world to promote the release of Chiastic Slide and more recently appeared on Alaskan radio to promote their last album elseq 1–5 in 2016.
    They also appeared on NTS back in 2016, playing tracks from Todd Dockstader, Delia Derbyshire, Throbbing Gristle and others.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Hell yeah, it's starting over. That's the best new Autechre I've heard in years! Absolutely loved it. Much more beat and "hook" (for Autechre) driven. Wow. Sounded like all new material to me. Fucking hell.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Download link already up on reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/autechre/co...18_discussion/

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    @Magtig @botley
    I guess we can forget those stream rips...

Autechre's NTS Sessions are getting an official release as a 12 vinyl and 8 CD set and digital including 24 bit. These are one time pressings that will contain all 4 NTS Sessions.

NTS Session 1 available now!

NTS Session 1
    01 t1a1
    02 bqbqbq
    03 debris_funk
    04 l3 ctrl
    05 carefree counter dronal
    06 north spiral
    07 gonk steady one
    08 four of seven
    09 32a_reflected

Available here:
    https://autechre.bleepstores.com
    Last edited by neorev; 04-09-2018 at 03:23 PM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    ohhhhh man 12xLPs for only $160 is a really good deal...but i also just moved and shouldn't spend that much money

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    ohhhhh man 12xLPs for only $160 is a really good deal...but i also just moved and shouldn't spend that much money
    I'm thinking of getting the 8 CD set for $50 since it includes the 24 bit WAV while the 24 bit WAV digital collection on its own is $40. Might as well spend the extra $10 for this amazing set.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    i splurged on the vinyl box. these may be pressed to order, but i didn't want to take the chance of them selling out and getting their price jacked up.

so since exai, every studio release has doubled in length. yikes! so much AE.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    I'm thinking of getting the 8 CD set for $50 since it includes the 24 bit WAV while the 24 bit WAV digital collection on its own is $40. Might as well spend the extra $10 for this amazing set.
    Yyyyep. Haven't bought a physical copy of an Autechre release for a while but I'm on board for this!

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Yyyyep. Haven't bought a physical copy of an Autechre release for a while but I'm on board for this!
    First project to get a physical release since L-event (October 2013). This should look neat on the shelf next to the EPs box set.

I'm enjoying how these NTS sessions seem to hit on all eras of their sound, while still be something new entirely.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    How these two people can be so insanely, inhumanly goddamned talented? These NTS Sessions are incredible.

Do any of you ever go back and listen to stuff from several years back that may not have clicked with you the first time? It's fresh on my mind: I rediscovered "Sublimit" from Untilted a few months ago and ��
    Last edited by Clownboat; 04-21-2018 at 07:37 PM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clownboat View Post
    How these two people can be so insanely, inhumanly goddamned talented? These NTS Sessions are incredible.

Do any of you ever go back and listen to stuff from several years back that may not have clicked with you the first time? It's fresh on my mind: I rediscovered "Sublimit" from Untilted a few months ago and ��
    They're hella smart. Which doesn't always translate into being creatively talented, but they've scripted generative programs in C (or C++, whichever works with Max MSP), and are now generating all these tracks in real time from equations, markov chains and god knows what else.

I am a better listener than I used to be, so I've def gone back and I like some older stuff by them that I didn't used to. I still don't like Quaristice, really, EP7, L-event or the first two as whole releases, but almost everything else is so stunning to me. I also didn't really like the first NTS session as a whole but the second one is AMAZING. Not sure about the third one yet.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    It's tempting, but I have to remember when I got caught up in the excitement of Trent putting out all those remastered albums, an ep, and the Fragile extras all at once. I spent $300 on vinyl, and then realized: I have no record player. What am I going to do, hang on to these until they're worth more, then eBay them? Look at the liner notes? Go buy a record player? Fortunately when they all got delayed I took the option to get a refund. I love the art, and all that, but I just can't justify wasting resources of my own on anachronistic fetish items like super awesome CD/Vinyl box sets anymore. They're not going to get any use from me, and what I truly care about is the music.

I've been listening to the NTS sessions on repeat though, and gladly handed over the money for the downloads. I can't believe these fucking guys are putting out eight hour albums, and it's all awesome.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    I PICK THINGS UP. I AM A COLLECTOR. And things, well, things... they tend to drain your wallet!

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    So, if you wanted another hour song by Autechre (I had a feeling they might do this for the last session), "all end" from NTS 4 is 58 minutes long.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Autechre

all told this has been the most uneven AE release for me in awhile. some of those tracks are just toooo long and others i just straight up dislike. and overall it's too jammy, like quaristice but with different sound design. but it's what i'd expect from an eight hour release, y'know? nts 2 was my fave but i haven't heard it since it came out. interesting experiment with the release and the nts chat room.
    Last edited by Pbgut; 04-26-2018 at 01:12 PM.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pbgut View Post
    all told this has been the most uneven AE release for me in awhile. some of those tracks are just toooo long and others i just straight up dislike. and overall it's too jammy, like quaristice but with different sound design.
    It's essentially Quaristice, if it hadn't been edited way down. The NTS Sessions have the "movement" temperament of AE_LIVE and elseq 1-5, while still going down every "alternate" route they could. They started really exploring this free form style during Quaristice, though.