Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Autechre

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Here you guys/gals go, my ongoing archive for AENA 2015.

These were collected from YouTube and WATMM. There are complete shows for every date except the 3 in Canada. I did no additional tagging except for the Portland show, which had the wrong date on it. The folder names are the tapers; I will be adding .txt files for every show later with more detailed taping info (including who shared the files for the 2 ones marked "unknown"). Portsmouth was taped by YELLOW and should be going up later today.

Even if all you have is a minute or two, it's worth sharing!

EDIT: I have no footage of Autechre from Toronto, but included a snippet of Cygnus' remix of Autechre's "Eggshell" from his set.
    You're doing God's work, friend.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    I ended up switching the Portland and Portsmouth shows back to the original ones with the incorrect dates, so that there wouldn't be any confusion later on about source, tampering, etc.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    IF any wants to sell their san fran tickets I would gladly buy them . For whatever reason my girlfriend dropped the ball on these. = (

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I'll be at the Denver show. It's just now dawning on me that it will occur!

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SarahConnor View Post
    I'll be at the Denver show. It's just now dawning on me that it will occur!
    You're in for a treat. The "album" they've been creating/playing this leg has progressed amazingly.

Not sure if you've listened to any of the early AENA 2015 recordings, but it'd be something to compare after you see them in Denver.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Fuck yeah. I'm not watching nor reading anything about the tour so that it's a fresh experience. I would like to know what the tee shirts look like, however 😎

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Not my pictures, but I did get both of them. I was mistaken last page when I said they were identical (was exhausted), as there is nothing on the back of the charcoal shirt:

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    I just saw Autechre play live and my life is fucking changed. I sat through about 20 minutes of some hipster next to me complaining about how "if I wanted to see someoe do Ableton for a while, i could turn on a camera in my apartment." Thank the gods when those douchebags finally got fed up and left.

And yeah "dude dressed like a lumberjack," I'm sorry neither you or your girlfriend (who was dramatically dancing to all of the music before Autechre got on, and then just looked confused while projecting this hilarious "I don't like it" face) were into it. I want to thank you for leaving.

And yeah, Thanks autechre for the crazy religious experience.

Amazing. Transcendent. Pretty flowery words. Holy fuck.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 10-16-2015 at 02:26 PM.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I'm currently uploading the raw user18081971 downloads to MEGA, but I will be updating the AENA 2015 archive after that is finished with a recording from last night.

That makes 9 "complete" recordings so far from this tour (Portland, Seattle, Chicago, Brooklyn, Boston, Portsmouth, Philadelphia, Orlando, and Los Angeles). There is also a near complete (52 mins.) set from YouTube that hasn't been identified yet.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    I was kinda bummed that the only t-shirts left at the LA show were medium, small, and ladies sizes. Even when I've been in better shape I never really comfortable could fit into a medium.

The show was just incredible though. The sound was perfectly contained, and just thinking about the way those bass rolls would flow out and run through your body gives me chills.

Can't wait till you upload the recording from the LA show Jon.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    I was kinda bummed that the only t-shirts left at the LA show were medium, small, and ladies sizes. Even when I've been in better shape I never really comfortable could fit into a medium.

The show was just incredible though. The sound was perfectly contained, and just thinking about the way those bass rolls would flow out and run through your body gives me chills.

Can't wait till you upload the recording from the LA show Jon.
    It's up, as well as a very nice sounding recording of the Austin show + an Orlando remaster (more remasters to come).

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    I just saw Autechre play live and my life is fucking changed. I sat through about 20 minutes of some hipster next to me complaining about how "if I wanted to see someoe do Ableton for a while, i could turn on a camera in my apartment." Thank the gods when those douchebags finally got fed up and left.

And yeah "dude dressed like a lumberjack," I'm sorry neither you or your girlfriend (who was dramatically dancing to all of the music before Autechre got on, and then just looked confused while projecting this hilarious "I don't like it" face) were into it. I want to thank you for leaving.

And yeah, Thanks autechre for the crazy religious experience.

Haha...that's pretty much how I've always IMAGINED an Autechre show happening wherever, lol.

\m/

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    @Jinsai, you've seen other Ae shows, right? Did this show differ at all for you? Chicago was my first time!

Honestly, I was a bit bewildered by it all. I'm used to harsh music and intense shows, but I don't think I really appreciated it until I heard the recording. Seeing them live was intense, man, a total assault, but I wanted to get the most out of the experience, so I decided to take my earplugs out halfway through the set. When you're high and in the front row at an Autechre show, don't do that. Holy hell. Even though I put them back in pretty fast, I still didn't make it through the set and left 15 minutes early. @Jon, you weren't the only ones, no worries. :P

Listening to the recordings is an experience, though. If anyone's reading this and missed a show, take a listen, it's really good.
    Last edited by Clownboat; 10-19-2015 at 09:16 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Saw the show, Autechre refuse to amuse �� I thought the venue gone dark was a brilliant stage design and wondered where the glow from any screens disappeared to? I was avoiding info re: the tour beforehand and now wanna know how it was done. Gotta hear that recording archive , too.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Says link is invalid, am I doing something wrong? Thanks in advance!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Cool, they seemed to be out of mercy at the Denver show. If I coulda grabbed a poster I could screen some bootleg tees-
    t

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clownboat View Post
    @Jinsai, you've seen other Ae shows, right? Did this show differ at all for you? Chicago was my first time!
    The previous show I saw before this one was relatively similar. The first time I saw them it was too much... the beats were constantly fucking with me, falling in and out of time. It started to make me feel sort of sick after a while, and the club was so hot... after a bit I had to go into the lobby and lie down. That was also a much longer performance, and while they still didn't do flashy visuals, they didn't turn the lights off in the club.

The second time I saw them was at the same venue, but it was a much more energetic crowd, and the music was much more "entertaining" and danceable... or at least that's how it felt to me. Maybe I just wasn't "prepared" the first time, and I wasn't familiar enough with their music to really "get it." That show was great though, and it was also longer than the recent sets.

This last set was incredible for me, though I went in feeling like I knew what to expect. I like listening to the recordings, it's great to have them, but the experience of being at the show was something really amazing for me. The recordings can't capture the perfect mix levels, the huge (but subtle) bass rolls, the strange hypnotic energy of being in pitch darkness while you go into a rhythmic trance with everyone around you.

Definitely the best show I've seen all year. For me though, I guess I was expecting it to be louder based on reviews I'd been reading. The levels at the LA show were really masterfully contained, and the sound was amazing. Judging from what other people have been saying though, it seems like it's either right up your alley and the greatest shit ever, or really off-putting and alienating. And yeah, I do feel like there's a sort of mental space you need to be able to tap into to really enjoy the live show. I know that I really didn't "enjoy" that first show I saw at all.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 10-19-2015 at 10:38 PM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    SF was transcendental. Was pitch black. I really got the same vibes as I would at a Sunn O))) show for some reason. It's just an amazing experience. Also, love the sound system at Mezzanine. Saw Sunn there 2 years ago and the place rumbles.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clownboat View Post
    @Jon, you weren't the only ones, no worries. :P
    My wife left early, I couldn't because I was pretty much "bewildered" like you were. Like a deer in headlights. To be completely honest (and I know I was foolish being where I was), I didn't wear any sort of ear protection. Those last 15 minutes, standing directly in front of Rob's speaker/monitor as it threw off wave after wave of bass, was something else entirely. I used the word "otherworldly" in my review right after the show, and I stand by that.

My descriptions may sound ambiguous, but it was the best electronic show I've seen in a very long time. So much so, that I felt the need to start an archive with everything I could find from the tour.

----------------------------

The link above works fine for me, but you can try this (link and decryption key are separate; enter the link then enter the decryption key when prompted):

https://mega.nz/#F!DdljyKgD
    !HrKw803O_gQ5u8YRM8f6_A

Here is the full, direct link again:

https://mega.nz/#F!DdljyKgD!HrKw803O_gQ5u8YRM8f6_A

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    so, apparently if you were on top of things and signed up for the Autechre mailing list, today they just sent out a private invitation to subscribers to buy four full-show soundboard recordings from the recent tour.

I didn't sign up in time I guess, but I just did and hopefully they'll send out invitations again? Anyone on here get one?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Signed up... got nothing

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Looks like they have leaked, both the 16 bit and 24 bit FLAC

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I got the email and the storefront.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    If you like Autechre, GET THESE.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    you can now buy the recordings of the shows without being on the mailing list

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Boy, these recordings sure are something else! It's a real treat to be able to compare and note the differences... each one is familiar yet totally alien at the same time. Love it.

Went to the Toronto show and was completely blown away by their set. Venetian Snares' set was fucking mental and the two of them together was absolutely a religious experience for me just like @Jinsai said. I managed to record a few short clips of his set that turned out pretty well but I'm really hoping someone managed to capture the whole thing. Wasn't his typical live fare at all, it was like some crazy modular stuff - super intricate and dark as hell.

If the European and North American shows were a preview for the next album's sound that shit is going to be off the goddamn chain.
    Last edited by exilajei; 11-03-2015 at 04:21 PM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I somehow missed the official live recordings coming out (wtf!?), but to update everyone else there are now NINE shows in the bundle for a total of 560 minutes (!!!).

https://autechre.bleepstores.com/

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    I'm not sure if this was ever mentioned on the old board:

After countless listens to EP7, I'm convinced the hidden pregap track is meant to be reversed and appended to the last track -- this closer mimics the track structure of LP5.

The US pressing of LP5 has about 3 minutes of silence shaved from the end of the last track, and the hidden track placed as a separate Track 12. There just happens to be approximately 3 minutes of silence in the EP7 pregap track, which can be trimmed and then voila, a separate Track 12 just like LP5.

The silence is at the end of the track, so reversing the track causes the silence to come first. If you simply reverse the pregap track and append it to track 11, the 2-in-1 track is still cut on a sector boundary.

This could also explain why the track is present before a whole other EP on the EP box set. The particular disc ends with EP7, so doing what I've described above still gives you a "complete" rip of EP7 even from the box set version.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    I returned my Nothing edition of the EP7 CD to the retailer because it didn't have that track. Had no idea they'd hidden it in a pregap AGAIN on the EP collection. Is it on any of the vinyl issues?