Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Autechre

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    High quality audio of live set from the 22nd

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    AUTECHRE ARE TOURING NORTH AMERICA MOTHERFUCKERS!!!

http://warp.net/news/autechre-north-america-tour-2015/

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Playing Chicago ON my birthday? Get the fuck outta here... Am I being trolled?

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    I'm 100 percent going to the San fran show . Fuck yes !

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rdm View Post
    I'm 100 percent going to the San fran show . Fuck yes !
    Same! Tix on sale tomorrow it looks like?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    NYC for me!

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    I'm picking up tickets for about ten people now for the LA gig. I'm already counting down.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    2 secured for Chicago... $57.80 without ticket shipping, $62.30 with standard shipping.
    Last edited by Jon; 05-29-2015 at 12:18 PM. Reason: Shipping

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    got my 5 tickets for NYC! came to $175 after fees, will call only.
    me, my girl, her 2 bros, and our friend Bill are going together.

i saw Amon Tobin's ISAM live at the Brooklyn Masonic Temple... awesome spot!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    To anyone that's been to an Autechre show - would you say it is worth a 3 & 1/2 hour drive?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Chicago or bust! I can't say I've anticipated a show more in a very, very long time.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by somewhat_ View Post
    To anyone that's been to an Autechre show - would you say it is worth a 3 & 1/2 hour drive?
    Visually boring as fuck, musically brilliant though. How much do you like driving?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Camille View Post
    Visually boring as fuck, musically brilliant though. How much do you like driving?
    Doesn't bother me too much since I already drive 2 hours every Monday through Friday. I guess the bigger thing is that I will need to get a hotel to crash at that night.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tickets arrived today... My wife and I got #121 and #122.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Unfortunately the Brooklyn show is will call only so no physical ticket

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Venetian Snares opening for Autechre in Toronto!

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Goddamn. I am working until 8:30pm that night, I hope I can make it across town in time...

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Goddamn. I am working until 8:30pm that night, I hope I can make it across town in time...
    Call. In. Sick.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I legitimately leapt with happiness when Aaron posted this news on Facebook. Dream lineup!

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Unagi and Autechre, let's do this!

I'll be the one with the peg leg and eyepatch.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Jon, what'd you think?

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clownboat View Post
    Jon, what'd you think?
    Were you first in line wearing the PHM hoodie? My wife and I were behind you.

The show was amazing. I didn't mind that Rob Hall played for an extra ~25 minutes at the beginning; he cut his 15 minute set before Autechre short later on. Cygnus absolutely killed it, and was my wife's favorite of the night. He had great crowd interaction, and it was fun to watch him headbang around. The first time he did his little point and thumbs up, he was pointing right at my wife and I.

We were front row, just barely left of center. We were, in fact, right in front of Rob's (Ae) speaker/monitor. We stepped back a foot and had a perfect diagonal view of Rob Hall, we were about 3 feet right of Cygnus, and 2-3 feet left of Rob during Autechre, leaning on the stage.

Autechre's set was otherworldly. It definitely sounds like a logical progression and extension of L-event. If I had to be more specific, Gantz_Graf and L-event made a beautiful love child on-stage tonight.

Obviously, there was no setlist, but my wife almost managed to get the itinerary. One of the security guards took it back from her, but she got a picture of it. I'll post it tomorrow when I get home to the computer.

WARNING: They only had small, medium, and large for the t-shirts. The guy selling the merch even said this was the first time he could think of where there wasn't at least an XL. Price was 30 bucks, 2 color options, with identical layout/design.

What did you think, @Clownboat?
    Last edited by Jon; 09-30-2015 at 01:18 AM. Reason: grammar?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    4, yes 4 hour mix from Autechre here https://soundcloud.com/dkmntl/dekmantelpodcastautechre

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    @Jon , great way of describing the show! I wasn't wearing anything obvious, but I think we may have been standing right next to each other at one point. I was a few rows back on the left side, and by the middle of the show I was up against the stage. There was a guy and his wife immediately to my right.

Cygnus' set was totally unexpected and really awesome. I'd never heard him before, but I'm definitely going to check his stuff out. He struck me as sort of a combo of Warp artists. I heard a lot of Aphex Twin influence, but it had some Autechre-like aspects as well.

Autechre's show was intense, a total onslaught from start to finish. I had no idea a couple of those L-Event tracks could sound so sinister. I'm really glad I brought earplugs, because I'd be 100% deaf right now otherwise.

I think the intensity wasn't expected, so I didn't have as much fun during the show as I thought I would. If I could do it again, I think I'd prefer to have been in the middle of the crowd up near the center. But man, looking back already, I can't believe how crazy of a show that was. I hope they tour again soon!

I was so exhausted by the end (and stoned out of my mind on edibles) I didn't even look at the merch. Shame, I really wish I got a shirt!

All in all, though, fucking great show. If anyone else is wondering if it's worth it, it is. I rented a car and drove down from Madison and got a hotel *just* for tonight, and it was completely worth the money spent.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clownboat View Post
    There was a guy and his wife immediately to my right.

I think the intensity wasn't expected, so I didn't have as much fun during the show as I thought I would. If I could do it again, I think I'd prefer to have been in the middle of the crowd up near the center. But man, looking back already, I can't believe how crazy of a show that was. I hope they tour again soon!
    Ha, if the female was blonde, we were actually the couple next to them. They kinda snuck up front from a little ways back as the show went on.

My wife had to sit out the last 15-20 minutes of Autechre's set. There's no reason to get into personal detail; it just got a little too intense for her (and she had 30dB-rated earplugs). There were these "double bass waves" (best way I can describe it) coming from Rob's monitor that were extremely intense.

My wife's phone was stolen (like the tourists we are) and she does not back up pictures to the Cloud so no itinerary shot. I do have it memorized though:

1). Rob Hall = 8:00 pm - 9:00 pm
    2). Cygnus = 9:00 pm - 9:45 pm
    3). Rob Hall = 9:45 pm - 10:00 pm
    4). Autechre = 10:00 pm - 11:00 pm

Rob Hall played an extra 25 minutes to begin with, but only played 10 his second time up. That means everything was approx. 20-30 minutes "behind". Doors opened at 8:05, the show had already started, which is funny since the tickets said the show started at 9? Anywho, man I could ramble about this concert forever.
    Last edited by Jon; 09-30-2015 at 08:52 PM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Heading to Toronto tonight - looking forward to it.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    nobody who went to the show in Toronto?
    Last edited by Jinsai; 10-03-2015 at 09:01 PM.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Not even one review of Toronto's show on WATMM

I am compiling audience recordings of AENA 2015 (to share), so if you guys run across any, let me know. I currently have 1 for Portland, 2 for Seattle, and 1 for Chicago (24/48); missing Vancouver and Toronto.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    will be seeing Autechre tonight in Brooklyn!

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Here you guys/gals go, my ongoing archive for AENA 2015.

These were collected from YouTube and WATMM. There are complete shows for every date except the 3 in Canada. I did no additional tagging except for the Portland show, which had the wrong date on it. The folder names are the tapers; I will be adding .txt files for every show later with more detailed taping info (including who shared the files for the 2 ones marked "unknown"). Portsmouth was taped by YELLOW and should be going up later today.

Even if all you have is a minute or two, it's worth sharing!

EDIT: I have no footage of Autechre from Toronto, but included a snippet of Cygnus' remix of Autechre's "Eggshell" from his set.