Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: HTDA (Remixes)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Cool HTDA (Remixes)

Hello all,

You will not find a bigger fan of TR than I, but I hadn't seen anything posted regarding the topic of "liking the remixes (people are coming up) with better than the record itself?" The Floor Factory (I think?,) Deadmau5, and now the Soft Moon "Ice Age" remixes have caught my attention more then the originals. After hearing the ideas the remixers have been coming up with I kind of wish the HTDA camp would put down the basic idea, and then outsource the parts out to others for collective input and then pick the best. That would truly be an experimental project. (It's just my opinion, but the Soft Moon remix of Ice Age is how I wish the original song (and record) sounded more like.)

This is just my two cents, and I would love to hear others thoughts on this?
    (Also, does anyone know if the remixes will be commercially available?)

Thanks...
    Keith

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    http://www.echoingthesound.org/commu...8-HTDA-remixes

That said, the Factory Floor remix sucked ass just like the Dave Sitek remix. What I'd like to see is a remix EP for all of An omen, in the vein of Further Down the Spiral and such.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    I like the Sitek remix. But then again I bothered to listen to it more than once.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith.S.Farley View Post
    (Also, does anyone know if the remixes will be commercially available?)
    The two KIT remixes were on a limited-run 12" vinyl through the band's website, if you got the album on vinyl, but they're all sold out now. You can download both KIT remixes and Ice Age through soundcloud by hitting the download button, and deadmau5's one by googling "download from soundcloud" :P.

As for a remix album, I think it would be a bit superfluous at this stage, we have 4 free remixes, I'm not sure how much more they could add to make it worthwhile buying beyond a collector's perspective.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    now we wait for "on the wing" video and two remixes thereafter

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    The two KIT remixes were on a limited-run 12" vinyl through the band's website, if you got the album on vinyl, but they're all sold out now. You can download both KIT remixes and Ice Age through soundcloud by hitting the download button, and deadmau5's one by googling "download from soundcloud" :P.

As for a remix album, I think it would be a bit superfluous at this stage, we have 4 free remixes, I'm not sure how much more they could add to make it worthwhile buying beyond a collector's perspective.
    Well, do they really need to be sold? I think if HTDA wrapped up these four alongside a few other remixes and threw it up on their website and a bunch of other places as a free downloadable EP it'd be good press.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Well, there's a flat rate union pay for doing remixes, so if they did a few more, they might want to sell copies just so Columbia makes its money back :P

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    here's a pretty good insight into why remixes exist at this point (and i fully agree with everything that's been said) from an artist (Elite Gymnastics): http://deadgirlfriends.tumblr.com/po...culture-i-mean

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Is there a list of all the official HDTA remixes (or remixes endorsed by TR including Deadmau5's remix)?

Mentioned
    399 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shagg_187 View Post
    Is there a list of all the official HDTA remixes (or remixes endorsed by TR including Deadmau5's remix)?
    Just get a screenshot of Sheepdean's HTDA folder.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by konstantin View Post
    here's a pretty good insight into why remixes exist at this point (and i fully agree with everything that's been said) from an artist (Elite Gymnastics): http://deadgirlfriends.tumblr.com/po...culture-i-mean
    One of the best reads I had on the internet lately. Thank you!

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)

haha, look at me nesting quotes like a boss

Quote Originally Posted by shagg_187 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    Just get a screenshot of Sheepdean's HTDA folder.
    HTDA (remember to turn off "don't show unavailable tracks").

And that's 4 official remixes (KIT Factory Floor and Dave Sitek, IA deadmau5 and Soft Moon), 3 official demos (the believers' Wired tracks) and one official alt version (IYLSE? film version).

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Alt takes

I have the remixes but can someone help with the demos and alternate version of IYLSE?

And that's 4 official remixes (KIT Factory Floor and Dave Sitek, IA deadmau5 and Soft Moon), 3 official demos (the believers' Wired tracks) and one official alt version (IYLSE? film version).

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Believers tracks are here (right click and save audio) http://www.wired.com/magazine/2010/05/process_song/

IYLSE? <inbox>

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

It's only showing 6 songs. I remember you having three short clips, 2 were "Verbalization" and "Instrumentation"... what was the other one? (I assume it was also from http://www.wired.com/magazine/2010/05/process_song/)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Wait... it was "Iteration"... never mind.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    i'd like a copy of the "Is Your Love..." alternate, if it's not too much trouble. i haven't been able to find it anywhere else in decent quality.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Demogorgon View Post
    i'd like a copy of the "Is Your Love..." alternate, if it's not too much trouble. i haven't been able to find it anywhere else in decent quality.
    Same. I would also love to hear this. Thanks in advance!

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    @sheepdean I, too, would appreciate a copy of IYLSE (film version) if it's not too much trouble.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    http://mingping.com/friends/downloads/
    Not strictly HTDA, but Mariqueen guest vocalled on a Ming and Ping song and they've released the remix files. Have fun guys.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    The Ally remix of The Spaces In Between, known officially as "Between the spaces (SONOIO rework)", just went up:
    http://soundcloud.com/howtodestroyan...sonoio/s-N91ql

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    http://hypetrak.com/2013/04/hypetrak...j-thing-remix/ In case anyone missed the new Keep it together remix, officially promoted by HTDA.

How is everyone cataloging these in iTunes or whatever media player you use? I have the first two KIT remixes as their own EP because that's how they were physically released, and the other four grouped together under a generic "Htda remixed_" album.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    How is everyone cataloging these in iTunes or whatever media player you use? I have the first two KIT remixes as their own EP because that's how they were physically released, and the other four grouped together under a generic "Htda remixed_" album.
    I've put them under "Soundcloud Exclusive", though partially just so I remember where they came from if someone asks me. I think the odds of a remix EP/LP are slim now that so many remixes have been released for free so there's not much chance of Sigil 5 being W3LC0M3 0BL1V10N

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Is the trailer edit of Immigrant Song considered a mix? (I know it's not related to HTDA) I think it clocks in at 01:32. Also i'd appreciate a link to the alternate version of IYLSE.

Also, is there a better version of the soundcloud rip of the Deadmau5 remix of Ice Age?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reaps View Post
    Is the trailer edit of Immigrant Song considered a mix? (I know it's not related to HTDA) I think it clocks in at 01:32. Also i'd appreciate a link to the alternate version of IYLSE.

Also, is there a better version of the soundcloud rip of the Deadmau5 remix of Ice Age?
    I consider it a [version], though it is an alt. mix (I guess director's cut?).

And so far, no. Though you could always ask deadmau5 for one.

Also, pm incoming.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    I consider it a [version], though it is an alt. mix (I guess director's cut?).

And so far, no. Though you could always ask deadmau5 for one.

Also, pm incoming.
    Beat me to it.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by n30fr05t View Post
    for what it's worth, i liked my remixes for "On The Wing" and "Strings and Attractors" more than the originals (though the verdicts still out on what other people think),
    if you want to check them out i'd love to get feedback

it really bothers me that i spent so long on these and nobody's really listening to them (but me, on endless repeat)

anyway here are the links:

Strings and Attractors (n30fr05t remix): http://indaba.us/pDg5
    On The Wing (n30fr05t remix): http://indaba.us/jCfT

and, though i didn't necessarily like it more than the original it's still pretty good (basically a string quartet version with vocals)

How Long: http://indaba.us/bC1O

I made these for people to listen to, so i hope you enjoy them as much as i do

peace
    dude, you already posted about them in the remix contest thread. this is the thread for official remixes.

and i listened to them. they sounded like extremely subtly tweaked versions of the originals.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by n30fr05t View Post

it really bothers me that i spent so long on these and nobody's really listening to them (but me, on endless repeat)
    I know this is slightly off-topic, so forgive me, but I just wanted to say: as someone who makes his own music, I totally feel your pain. But if you're enjoying them, then the mission is accomplished. It might just be that people aren't interested in hearing remixes of these tracks (I mean, frankly, a lot of people don't even seem interested in listening to HTDA, much less remixes).

I did a remix for The Social Network contest that I thought was pretty good (http://remix.nin.com/play/mix?id=22098) but it was a) roundly ignored and b) has pretty dismal ratings from those who did listen. That was a pretty big blow to me, because I put some time into it and felt pretty proud. But, hey, I still listen to it now and then, and feel pretty good about it. The experience taught me that if I'm going to put a lot of effort into a project, it's going to be original.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    dude, you already posted about them in the remix contest thread. this is the thread for official remixes.

and i listened to them. they sounded like extremely subtly tweaked versions of the originals.
    sorry about that, i deleted it
    thanks for your feedback (i was going for that with my remix for "On The Wing", but i'm not sure why you thought that about the other(s))

anyway,
    to add to this topic,
    i loved Deadmau5's remix of Ice Age and Sonoio's version of Between the Spaces was pretty tight
    haven't really heard many of the others (at least not ones that i liked as much as/more than the originals)