Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: My take on 'Keep It Together' music video

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    well, i believe you, but our subconsciousness is a bitch
    i noticed copying something i liked in some way or another many times by myself
    i`m not sure it`s a bad thing

and glad you appreciate my little criticism

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    For anyone who's interested, not like it REALLY matters, and I have no issue with youtube... but

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Thanks for the vimeo link, and of course for making a damn fine video. Cheers.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Somehow, I overlooked this music video until today. Great job, sir! I enjoyed the hell out of it.

My only complaints, which are really nitpicks, are that the glitch effect might be slightly overused, and the female actress outdoes the male one ! She's surprisingly fantastic. The especially impressive thing is that you used her even though you probably always planned to post the finished product to forums like this -- where fans would recognize the lack of Mariqueen doing her own lip sync immediately.

Point being, you cast someone good enough to really make the case for hiring actors to replace the actual recording artist for professional music videos. The only other good example I can think of this is in the video for Royksopp's "What Else Is There?" and even that actress/model isn't as compelling as yours. However, I love that in that video, the actual singer still makes an appearance. If I were How to destroy angels_, I would ask you to film some new shots of the band in the same locations (or use the LA equivalents) and make a new edit of the video with band members now inserted into the existing narrative... with or without them lip syncing, but definitely keeping the original actress as the star.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Wow, what a video! That was extremely well put together, major amounts of respect and kudos to you and everyone involved in making it. That genuinely made me feel more excited about that particular song than anything else has managed to do so. I'm actually a little speechless, I suddenly feel like I 'get' this song now, where before I wasn't too sure about it. About three quarters of the way through I realized what I like so much about your video: you've made HTDA feel edgy, eerie and perhaps even a little bit dangerous, where before they felt a little too 'safe' for me. Bravo!

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    This is way better than the official video. My only complaint is that it's not the official one.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    as far as narrative goes, this video would have been so much better if the tv was a printer. SMASHING PRINTERS IS NEVER CORNY! they're the evil!

i don't really know what it takes to make a video like this one, other than cash, but you seem pretty talented to me. a lot of good stuff (and some that made me cringe, but that's not really important).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadpool View Post
    the glitch effect might be slightly overused

really?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by my voice just View Post

really?

Hahahaha!

I haven't yet lurked in the thread for the new video, but I'd imagine that's a common complaint. There's some visual fatigue no doubt, but it's still gratifying to see that effect in motion. My favorite part is seeing Atticus sing along - he kinda got the shaft in the incredible 'Ice age' video.

Overall, I favor this 'Keep it together' fan film over the official 'Loop closes' clip, but that might change. Currently, 'Ice Age' is my favorite Destroy Angels visual aid. I like it even more than 'The Space in Between' video. 'Ice age' didn't click for me until I watched it a second time on an big screen HD TV.

I hope the amazing output from both fans and band alike continues!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    It's been a while since I've checked back here, and the new surge of comments are all too-fucking awesome! If Rob Sheridan ever considered he idea of looking to hire an assisstant, or an intern... or a slave.. I'd sign up without hesitation. [editted this out]

I'm cooking out a new thing as I type this - for anyone interested in the making/production process of this project. Will update with a link when it's ready ;]

edit:: Here's the embed, enjoy! [Note, youtube forces ads for these kinds of videos, so apologies in-advance for popup ads]

Last edited by robot32; 01-16-2013 at 04:24 PM. Reason: oops

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    BRAVO!!!! This is so professional looking. Very well done!

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    I don't know how I missed this. Fricking fantastic!