Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Throbbing Gristle

Mentioned
    346 Post(s)
    finally getting around to listening to the remasters on vinyl (i got second report, third report, and 20 jazz-funk greats, skipped the best of). starting with 20 jazz-funk greats and it sounds PHENOMENAL.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Been wondering about the specific roles of Sleazy and Carter. Been listening to a lot of TG lately (still a noob though. Only a few years). Trying to understand, from a technical standpoint, on what they did individually. Did Cosey and Gen do their thing while Sleazy and Carter sampled them and tweaked it? Or is there more to it?

Mentioned
    346 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Been wondering about the specific roles of Sleazy and Carter. Been listening to a lot of TG lately (still a noob though. Only a few years). Trying to understand, from a technical standpoint, on what they did individually. Did Cosey and Gen do their thing while Sleazy and Carter sampled them and tweaked it? Or is there more to it?
    almost all of the synths and programming/sampled elements are sleazy & carter. they laid down a lot of the structure while cosey & gen did their thing.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Re: Throbbing Gristle

Ah OK. I was starting to get the idea that Carter did the programming while Sleazy sampled the stuff Gen and Cosey were doing and played around with that. Cool to know though.

Mentioned
    346 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Ah OK. I was starting to get the idea that Carter did the programming while Sleazy sampled the stuff Gen and Cosey were doing and played around with that. Cool to know though.
    in some cases, that is true. sleazy was one of the first people to ever do live sampling and manipulation of what others were doing on stage, and he was doing it with tape machines back in the early days. however, that wasn't always the only thing he was doing.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    uploaded this last night, not seen it anywhere else. I absolutely love it and listen to it all the time... very good for late night train journeys or walking around cities at night

Mentioned
    346 Post(s)
    i re-listened to desertshore/the final report on vinyl the other day and god damn, that album is so fucking good.

i've always loved the way TG gets under my skin and that album is like the epitome of that.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    it's lovely... such a shame how it all fell apart after they came back, just have to count our blessings I guess

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    You'll learn nothing new here but it's always good to see TG in the media

http://www.thevinylfactory.com/vinyl...al-10-records/

And from the same site....and old article but cool photos nonetheless...

http://www.thevinylfactory.com/vinyl...yer-p-orridge/

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    There's a new Carter a Tutti Void album out - "f(x)". Here's a review on DiS http://drownedinsound.com/releases/1...eviews/4149379

any opinions?

Mentioned
    346 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    There's a new Carter a Tutti Void album out - "f(x)". Here's a review on DiS http://drownedinsound.com/releases/1...eviews/4149379

any opinions?
    i've never really listened to much of chris & cosey's stuff or psychic TV. i kinda just followed peter from TG to COIL and never went anywhere else.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i've never really listened to much of chris & cosey's stuff or psychic TV. i kinda just followed peter from TG to COIL and never went anywhere else.
    I must admit I haven't either, with the exception of CTV who have only had two releases and this is their first studio LP. And I haven't listened to it yet

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Psychic TV's Pagan Day and Allegory & Self albums have been reissued on Stranded Records.

No link because I'm not a shill.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Journey Through A Body, Mission Of Dead Souls and Heathen Earth are getting new remasters and are being released on September 14th.
    Unfortunately, wherever I try to find any sites to preorder they show up as sold out .
    Last edited by ziltoid; 07-10-2018 at 06:43 PM. Reason: Forgot to include link

Mentioned
    346 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ziltoid View Post
    Journey Through A Body, Mission Of Dead Souls and Heathen Earth are getting new remasters and are being released on September 14th.
    Unfortunately, wherever I try to find any sites to preorder they show up as sold out .
    yeah i'm having trouble finding anywhere to pre-order them, as well. lemme know if you have any luck!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    yeah i'm having trouble finding anywhere to pre-order them, as well. lemme know if you have any luck!
    Does the Mute store not work?
    Boomkat seems to have the pre-orders up as well...

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    Dude you fucking rock! Thank you!

Mentioned
    346 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    yeah, seriously, thank you. i ended up going with boomkat because, hilariously, even with exchange rates and shipping from the UK, it was cheaper by over $30 than ordering all three from the mute US store.