Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18

Thread: Coil vs Nine Inch Nails: Uncoiled/Recoiled

Mentioned
    343 Post(s)
    in case anyone doesn't have a copy yet, SRC has a pretty incredible sale on this right now for $12.99

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Mentioned
    292 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MAD View Post
    I think there are some insufferable Coil fans out there.

As far as I am aware, Cold Spring did get permission from Trent Reznor. I know that I sent the contents of the CD to Trent before anyone else heard them, and I know that he spoke to The Quietus about the release, and had nothing negative to say about it. I believe Danny said as much in a post in the Coil Facebook group, but even without that, I have to think that if Cold Spring went so far as to request formal permission from you and I to basically do a variation on the packaging I designed with your photography, surely, surely they would ask Trent Reznor if it was okay to use his music.

I feel as though the arguments amongst the friends and acquaintances of the deceased members of Coil over who has control over what has left the fans out in the cold. I think the material was very well served as a download we assembled, but was beyond pleased to see our work evolve into something tangible.

I appreciate that, for as dramatic as NIN fans get, they do not come anywhere close to the drama Coil fans drum up.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    I think the material was very well served as a download we assembled, but was beyond pleased to see our work evolve into something tangible.
    I was recently in a record store and saw CD and Vinyl copies of this album. It brought a smile to my face to know I had a (very) small part in this release seeing the light of day.

Thanks again for all your work in getting this out there.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    This is absolutely fantastic. I had a chance to interview him a few years ago and it was a fascinating chat.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    There's a fair amount of solo instruments there (and even a few vocals). Remixers, take note!