Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Telefon Tel Aviv

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)

Telefon Tel Aviv

I went a few pages deep and didn't see a topic for TT, so upon reading the following, I thought it was time to start that thread. So this comes from Josh on Facebook

I've been made aware that there are copies of Fahrenheit Fair Enough that are available for sale online for egregious prices. I'm going to be discussing the probability of doing a limited reissue of physical copies with John at Hefty Records to give people a way to get these records at reasonable prices, I don't want anyone spending that much cash on something that isn't that important.

We're exploring all options right now and I'll keep everyone updated. Maybe it's time to do a reissue that has our original demo that we sent to hefty as well, it's a good bit of unreleased early tta and is very much in that vein of vintage glitch.

To address a few things:

1) If collectors want to pay exorbitant prices, that's up to them. But people who aren't collectors who just want to be able to purchase the thing for a decent price should have the option - right now, they don't, and that's what bothers me.

2) the file available of ["I'm on Fire"]for download on soundcloud is a 256 VBR .m4a. This is the gold standard for digital downloads. Other than that, it's .wav files or FLAC which are much larger and are ultimately pointless and not a real musical improvement, although potentially a SLIGHT sonic improvement (you won't tell the difference unless you are listening on Grado's or something like that). The only way to hear the song truly would be on vinyl and as it is right now I don't want to have to convince Springsteen's management that it's worth their while to let me go through the hassle of putting it on vinyl anyway. I'm too lazy on the business end to care, so, instead, you all get iTunes high quality for free with regards to that song.

To the rest of you, thank you for listening: John and I have started figuring out how we're going to do this repress/reissue and there will be some extras involved. Most likely vinyl and cd. Stay tuned!
    Oh? Hell yes.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Ah, glitch memories. I remember being in love with one of their first flash based websites back in 00-01. Everything about it oozed sex: from the white icons to the sterile photos, and of course, also memories from hanging out in that old dusty forum "Digital Noise".

Good news.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    RIP Charles. so very sad.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    last year, i got my hands on both FFE and Map of What is Effortless on vinyl, and i paid around $30 for each. they're both on 2x12" 45, so they sound fantastic. however, i might not be able to keep myself from buying whatever they end up reissuing.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    The best part of Fahrenheit Fair Enough, which incidentally I'm listening to right now, isn't the glitch, it's the electric keyboard playing. Those warm Rhodes are what really draws me in; the glitch makes it even sweeter. The whole album is like pulling a warm soft blanket around you on a cold day.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    i always listen to it on the day of the first snow, every year, for the last six or seven years.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Telefon Tel Aviv

Josh updated the TTA site with a post to say that he has been working on new TTA material (slowly and haphazardly) and that a 12" and full length are done, but will probably be released under another name this Autumn. He also mentions that he has some secret stuff he has been working on as well as saying that it is cool to have come full circle with Trent and hopes he can play in NIN forever.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Just wanted to come in here to say that Immolate Yourself has been my #1 favorite album since it came out. It still doesn't get old, and to this day I've heard nothing quite like it. I can't get enough.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Farenheit Fair Enough is awesome.
    Didn't really get into Immolate Yourself when it came out. I'll give it another go.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aggroculture View Post
    Farenheit Fair Enough is awesome.
    Didn't really get into Immolate Yourself when it came out. I'll give it another go.
    I enjoy a few songs off of it but it's hard for me to sit down and listen to the entire thing.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zipfinator View Post
    I enjoy a few songs off of it but it's hard for me to sit down and listen to the entire thing.
    Funny, when I go for Immolate Yourself, I can't help but listen to the whole thing. Map is the only album I never really got into. I enjoyed it but some of the vocal performances just don't work for me. But the other two albums are flawless as far as I'm concerned.

I'm guessing the reissue of Farenheit Fair Enough isn't happening. Other than that on mention, nothing else has been said, and I've asked several times on Facebook and Twitter. I've got the CD and the double LP, but I'd buy a reissue in a heartbeat.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trollmanen View Post
    Funny, when I go for Immolate Yourself, I can't help but listen to the whole thing. Map is the only album I never really got into. I enjoyed it but some of the vocal performances just don't work for me. But the other two albums are flawless as far as I'm concerned.
    I agree about the vocal performances on Map. I've barely listened to it because most of the vocals are completely offputting. Farenheit is pretty much flawless though.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zipfinator View Post
    I agree about the vocal performances on Map. I've barely listened to it because most of the vocals are completely offputting. Farenheit is pretty much flawless though.
    i feel like (other than "my week beats your year" which i know is supposed to be tongue in cheek but i still don't love it) all of lindsay's vocals are fantastic, but damon's voice just doesn't do it for me. "what it is will never again" makes me cry almost every time i hear it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i'm really looking forward to whatever josh puts out next (the 2nd and 3rd albums were growers). unfortunately, the free soundcloud download of "i'm on fire" reached its 100 person maximum long before i found out about it. would someone here be kind enough to share the m4a file with me? thank you.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howisya View Post
    i'm really looking forward to whatever josh puts out next (the 2nd and 3rd albums were growers). unfortunately, the free soundcloud download of "i'm on fire" reached its 100 person maximum long before i found out about it. would someone here be kind enough to share the m4a file with me? thank you.
    sent you a PM

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by New Killer Star View Post
    He also mentions that he has some secret stuff he has been working on as well as saying that it is cool to have come full circle with Trent and hopes he can play in NIN forever.
    I forget what he's referring to when he says he's come full circle with Trent. I remember some remix work he did back in the day, but was there more to the story? I can't find much on wiki or ninwiki about Telefon Tel Aviv or Josh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    sent you a PM
    got it. thanks so much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magtig View Post
    I forget what he's referring to when he says he's come full circle with Trent. I remember some remix work he did back in the day, but was there more to the story? I can't find much on wiki or ninwiki about Telefon Tel Aviv or Josh.
    they used to live in new orleans and got their start at nothing studios. i'd like to hear more of the story myself.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Sons of Magdalene out today.

http://sonsofmagdalene.bandcamp.com

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orestes View Post
    Sons of Magdalene out today.

http://sonsofmagdalene.bandcamp.com
    http://www.echoingthesound.org/commu...e-Move-To-Pain

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Oh snap, moderating the adminstrator! Hehe.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    Oh snap, moderating the adminstrator! Hehe.
    hehehehehe! Sorry. It was really as a joke.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Luckily for you I was too busy busting out my 80s dance moves to take grave offense.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    my policy of making my first listen of new albums i've ordered on vinyl be strictly on vinyl rather than digital is barely holding fast today, especially with the e-mail i got about manufacturing delays...I JUST WANT TO HEAR THE DAMN ALBUM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Anybody have a 256 Kbps m4a file of "I'm on Fire" referenced in the first post?

The version on Soundcloud now is a 128 Kbps mp3.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Merriweather View Post
    Anybody have a 256 Kbps m4a file of "I'm on Fire" referenced in the first post?

The version on Soundcloud now is a 128 Kbps mp3.
    check your PMs

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    well thats pretty cool. The first two albums have a special place in my heart, and I did enjoy the final one before Charile Cooper passed away, it just felt like that album was a jumping off point for something more. Now I'm going to go listen to My Week Beats Your Year.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Telefon Tel Aviv is opening for Moderat's dates in the US and Canada:

Thu, 19 May 2016 at Webster Hall, New York
    Fri, 20 May 2016 at Metropolis, Montreal
    Sat, 21 May 2016 at Concord Music Hall, Chicago
    Mon, 23 May 2016 at The Vogue Theatre, Vancouver
    Tue, 24 May 2016 at The Showbox, Seattle
    Thu, 26 May 2016 at Fonda Theatre, Los Angeles
    Fri, 27 May 2016 at The Observatory North Park, San Diego

Yay! Now I just have to figure out whether I want to hit LA or San Diego. I've rarely had a good experience at the Fonda, but I haven't been there in 5+ years, so maybe things have improved. I've also been enjoying Fahrenheit Fair Enough, once I finally found it for a reasonable price on ebay.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trollmanen View Post
    I'm guessing the reissue of Farenheit Fair Enough isn't happening.
    Guess again.