Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Telefon Tel Aviv

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    If you weren't following Josh or Ghostly on Twitter, you probably missed the very brief availability of Map of What Is Effortless on vinyl. It sold out in about six hours, based on Ghostly's tweets. I nabbed it for about $30 shipped, and per Ghostly, "lowest price on discogs = $52 USD. never ever ever ever say we don't love you." so even though it's not necessarily my fav TT album, I'm glad I snagged a copy.

It's nice that the digital version includes "Sound in a Dark Room", one of my favorite tracks, previously only available on Hefty Records' Immediate Action #8. Somehow I'd missed that there was a Sakamoto remix of the track, but now I've got that too, so - thanks, Ghostly!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    If you weren't following Josh or Ghostly on Twitter, you probably missed the very brief availability of Map of What Is Effortless on vinyl. It sold out in about six hours, based on Ghostly's tweets. I nabbed it for about $30 shipped, and per Ghostly, "lowest price on discogs = $52 USD. never ever ever ever say we don't love you." so even though it's not necessarily my fav TT album, I'm glad I snagged a copy.

It's nice that the digital version includes "Sound in a Dark Room", one of my favorite tracks, previously only available on Hefty Records' Immediate Action #8. Somehow I'd missed that there was a Sakamoto remix of the track, but now I've got that too, so - thanks, Ghostly!
    yeah, i was driving to michigan at the time i got the e-mail, thankfully got stuck in traffic and VERY quickly managed to purchase it before they sold out. by the time i got to where i was working, i came on here to post the link and it was already gone.

that said, i already own a copy...so if anyone is desperate for one, i'll sell you one of my copies at face value!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Telefon Tel Aviv share first track in over eight years ‘Something Akin To Lust’

oh, this is really gorgeous. he definitely played this live when i saw him. hope it gets a release independent from the VR compilation or whatever exactly it is.

edit: you can pre-order digital, vinyl, and vinyl/VR bundle here of the whole compilation. $26 incl. shipping in the US
    Last edited by eversonpoe; 05-10-2017 at 02:47 PM.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Wow, that's absolutely lovely -- I'm sold on it, entirely. Definitely going to have to see about that Webster Hall show the night before Panorama with he and Alessandro.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Telefon Tel Aviv has a web store and there's some good stuff in there!
    http://telefontelaviv.bigcartel.com/

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RJK View Post
    Telefon Tel Aviv has a web store and there's some good stuff in there!
    http://telefontelaviv.bigcartel.com/
    yes! i've been wanting to grab a copy of the sons of magdalene album for my friend!

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I was recently reminded that Telefon Tel Aviv covered Radiohead's "Street Spirit (Fade Out)" for a compilation called Exit Music - Songs With Radio Heads. Unfortunately, it didn't make the cut and only appeared on a couple promo releases. I've got a CD promo with the track, but it's not listed on discogs.com. I did, however, find this 12" promo with the same track.

https://www.discogs.com/Various-Song...release/692386 Can be had for cheap if you don't mind the shipping costs.

If you want to preview it, pm me for a FLAC

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsJustDave View Post
    I was recently reminded that Telefon Tel Aviv covered Radiohead's "Street Spirit (Fade Out)" for a compilation called Exit Music - Songs With Radio Heads. Unfortunately, it didn't make the cut and only appeared on a couple promo releases. I've got a CD promo with the track, but it's not listed on discogs.com. I did, however, find this 12" promo with the same track.

https://www.discogs.com/Various-Song...release/692386 Can be had for cheap if you don't mind the shipping costs.

If you want to preview it, pm me for a FLAC
    it's also on spotify!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I remember buying it on i-tunes years ago, too.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post

Finally received my order of this today, along with Immolate Yourself, a handwritten note from Josh, and a free T-shirt. What a sweetheart! Wow, does Map ever sound awesome on vinyl.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Finally received my order of this today, along with Immolate Yourself, a handwritten note from Josh, and a free T-shirt. What a sweetheart! Wow, does Map ever sound awesome on vinyl.
    Oh damn! I'm pretty sure I got mine in April. If it's any further consolation, I've only recently unpacked my turntable, but it's still not hooked up, so you ultimately got to hear it on vinyl before me

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

poor josh

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Hey, all. If anyone's interested, I have an ultra-rare mini sample pack by Telefon Tel Aviv which came free with a Computer Music Magazine CD. I have it on my Google Drive. If anyone's interested, I will PM you a link!

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wizfan View Post
    Hey, all. If anyone's interested, I have an ultra-rare mini sample pack by Telefon Tel Aviv which came free with a Computer Music Magazine CD. I have it on my Google Drive. If anyone's interested, I will PM you a link!
    Yez plz.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Yes, please and thank you!

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Me too please

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Everyone PM'd.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Also interested in that sample pack please.

Ta

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    We can pre-order "Dream Are Not Enough" now.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Ordered. That gold splatter vinyl looks fantastic.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Got my pre-order in for the new record! Exciting... and "standing at the bottom of the ocean;" sounds terrific.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Got my pre-order in for the new record! Exciting... and "standing at the bottom of the ocean;" sounds terrific.
    I didn't think I was going to pre-order it but then.... then something about it drew me back in.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Pre-order on Bandcamp and you'll get a FLAC download (thanks @ItsJustDave for the tip).

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Great that there's an option there for non-US residents - preordered

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Just dropped three thousand dollars on a vacation, don't need any more records for a while.
    Just dropped three thousand dollars on a vacation, don't need any more records for a while.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    That's plural.

You can have one more record. You have my blessing.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    glad i stopped working on a rack for a few minutes the other day to check my e-mail and managed to snag the splatter.

really worried that in the paragraph where it talks about all the projects he's worked on, TBQ is not mentioned once o.O

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    really worried that in the paragraph where it talks about all the projects he's worked on, TBQ is not mentioned once o.O
    Not really surprising though. I imagine everyone is taking a break from the band at the moment, and I'm sure Josh wants to finish up this chapter of Telefon Tel Aviv before moving onto the next chapter of The Black Queen.

EDIT: Fuck. I misunderstood what you were talking about. You meant the paragraph on the Bandcamp page. That is a little strange, but I know they've mentioned that everyone is cool with each other, so I can't imagine it's meant to be some sort of slight against the band.
    Last edited by BRoswell; 08-03-2019 at 10:30 AM.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    I am not singling any one person out here when I say this because I've been seeing this speculation for awhile now - I couldn't give any literal, actual, or imaginary fucks on if Josh and TBQ are or aren't at odds. I know it's interesting and that it's our version of musical gossip since a majority (but not all) of us aren't into Katy vs. TayTay, Nicki vs. Cardi B, etc., but it means absolutely nothing to me and it's gotten to the point where it grates on my nerves whenever I see it brought up.

I love you @eversonpoe so please do not take this the wrong way.