Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: South Park

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Wasn't too big on last week's episode. Had moments, but it was pretty average.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    OK, that wasn't very good. A few bits were funny such as Mr. Garrison fucking FascistAsshole but Cartman making Kyle getting the blame is fucking old.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    The last episode was OK though some of it was stupid. Plus, who gives a shit about Bruce Jenner? Fuck him. He's an asshole. I don't care what anyone says. I don't care if he became a woman. After all, he's a Kartrashian.
    You better check your privilege, bruh!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Yeah, last night's was ok. Very thin plot unfortunately.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I laughed my ass off. Last night's was one of the better of the past couple years imo

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    The last episode was OK though some of it was stupid. Plus, who gives a shit about Bruce Jenner? Fuck him. He's an asshole. I don't care what anyone says. I don't care if he became a woman. After all, he's a Kartrashian.
    I haven't watched the episode yet... I'm actually about to do that.

I personally don't care about Bruce/Caitlyn Jenner as an individual, and even though the issue does not personally directly affect me in any true way, she's become the modern symbol for transgender awareness. Sometimes it takes a kardashian to make a blip on the public awareness radar, and whatever that says about us, our society, and culture is almost (strangely) a separate issue. For whatever reason, Jenner has gotten people talking openly about something that they weren't talking about before, and the discussion matters.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Just watched it. I thought it was awesome. The parts with Jenner had me cracking up.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Poor City Wok. Having to be shut down because the people of South Park want a Whole Foods and to conform to the trends of hipster society.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    SoDoSoPa! SODOSOPA!

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Boogers and cum! Boogers and cum!!!!! Boogers and cum!!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    this season has been amazing...

This most recent episode was great. I've been waiting for them to talk about this stupid click-bait bullshit.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    this season is one of the best the have ever made. theyve always either done a fictional story or current events but never combined the two into a overarching story like this. really amazing season front to back so far.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    This has been a good season though it has some flaws. I love the fact that someone finally has the balls to call out on PC Principal's bullshit..... s-s-s-s-suck my dick. God bless you Jimmy.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    I think this is probably the best season South Park has had. Some people are missing the point entirely, and thinking that it's skewering liberal values, but no.. it's mocking hypersensitivity WHILE it attacks racist extremist lunatics.

The running theme seems to be that the idea of shutting down a dialog is fucking idiotic. Extremism that makes you shout down anyone who disagrees with you is fucking lame.

This ranks among the best satire I've ever seen, and I really hope the finale glues it together.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Ninjas, they are soo gay.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Buckle Up Buckarooo!!

Best Season in about 10 years
    i see the South Park peak as from about 2001-2005 during the war on terror George W Bush years.
    It seems to thrive on chaos in society. And there is a lot of that now.
    Compare how great this season was to one from around 2011...you see a huge difference.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    I'm so excited for the season finale tonight, that I'm actually kind of nervous. I don't think I've ever felt that way about a tv show. Definitely not about a comedy.

It's just that they've built up to such a brilliant point, and it all kind of hinges on this final episode, and it's been getting increasingly epic. They have the possibility to say something really profound here, and I'm just really hoping they pull it off.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    well, I thought it was great, but I have to watch it again to decide how it functions as a conclusion to the season. It's hard to evaluate it against my own hype and expectations.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    That was a great season.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    That was a great season.
    I think this season will be recognized as maybe one of the most profound, intelligent, and important pieces of tv satire ever. It might top the list. I think they might even be hitting a mark so on-the-nose that it won't be appreciated properly for a while generally. This country is so fucking reactionary and generally hypersensitive (on both sides of the aisle) that we're not quite primed to get it. Maybe after Trump starts world war III, and we slowly recover from the fallout, the joke will make more sense.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Some info for next season and game and just a good panel to watch. I just wish the sound was in stereo.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    The new commercial is amazing.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    New South Park episode was excellent. Butters laughter at Cartman being called a fat fuck had me in tears.
    The member-berries acting like a drug for nostalgia was pretty clever and well done.
    And the digs at Amy Schumer was unexpected and perfect.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I thought it was alright as I'm glad it took digs on the stupid election as well as Amy Schumer and the rest of the nostalgia bullshit though it's very uneven and I don't like the twist at the end.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    A very satisfying set up for the next few weeks, at least. I am intrigued for sure. Matt and Trey have been able to breathe new life into the show just based on how ridiculous things have gotten. Some don't like the direction they've gone imitating real life so closely, but I find it refreshing to have an outlet for 30 minutes a week to laugh at all this shit going on. Garrison and Jenner need a whole episode to themselves! Also, super stoked to have bought Book of Mormon tickets today for next spring! It will be my first attendance of a real musical.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Was an ok episode, not an overly huge fan of pop culture satire EVERY single week but it is what it is. That's what this show has become as well.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Yeah, it stopped being what I wanted it to be over a decade ago. Keeps surprising me when they renew their contracts, I really thought they'd had enough last time (you know, at the point they made that cliffhanger episode where Stan thinks everything is shit and the parents separate).

Binge-rewatched last season recently, and while I like that they're deliberately evolving the show, adopting ongoing storylines and season-overarching themes, the decent gags are very few and far between.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I liked the episode. Last season was the first I'd watched in years and I loved it

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    South Park is something like "what's going on in the US" documentary for me. ;-)

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    vagiiiiiiiiina!