Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: South Park

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    that Cock Magic episode was really bizarre. I don't know if it was funny or not... but it was definitely weird

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    that Cock Magic episode was really bizarre. I don't know if it was funny or not... but it was definitely weird
    I'm very into it. I also think this season is the funnies the shows been in a long time.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Some episodes were eh. I really didn't get the oculus rift episode. I thought last night's episode was great. Loved the gluten one. I'd say it's been a good season

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I laughed harder at Randy's Cock Magic routine than I've laugh at this show in ages. Could have been the weed, but it usually makes me more critical (not less).

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    cock magic was genius

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheyCallMeDrug View Post
    cock magic was genius
    The bit where Randy pulled it out of the lead cop's mouth was hilarious.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    OK, that was really good. Randy finally standing up for artistic integrity in an era of lewd as hologram versions of Michael Jackson and 2Pac are roaming around the Earth. It's also a very good commentary on the state of how technology ruins things and how people don't spend actual time on living rooms together. I really hope Cartman gets his comeuppance.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    I only discovered who PewDiePie is a few weeks back when I wanted to see a playthrough of the second Walking Dead game, and he annoyed the shit out of me immediately. So glad Trey and Matt are pointing it out.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Pewdiepie sucks as far as I'm concerned and he's not funny at all.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Pewdiepie sucks as far as I'm concerned and he's not funny at all.
    I have never heard about that guy and now I wish I never did. People actually like that shit? Why are we getting dumber all of a sudden?

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    I think you have to be younger than ten years old to appreciate Pewdiepie's "humor."

Honestly, I was really hoping this episode would skewer him harder. If I had a kid who was watching this shit, I would move the family out to the woods and disconnect from the internet entirely.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Pretty good episode tonight, although I think the Randy-as-Lorde thing has run its course.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    It was a good episode. Especially for the fact that Cartman's rise to fame was very brief.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    It was a good episode. Especially for the fact that Cartman's rise to fame was very brief.
    Overall, the story was a bit flat, but there were a lot of good laughs.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    I hope it's the end of Lorde's character in SP, i liked the gag but i don't want then to overexpose it.

Loved the Cartman-brah two parter, only compliant is that the second part announced U2 and they never appeared (wanted more turd jokes, lol...)

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    I really didn't like it. I wanted to, this has been the best season in a long time. I also really liked how each episode contained references to other episodes, and there was some kind of a narrative arc that connected the whole season. That was fun, right up until that last episode, where it felt forced.

The only moment that really made me laugh in the last episode was the Kurt Cobain hologram bit, and I think it was more from shock than anything else.

I get "the point." I'm an adult, and I shouldn't really give a fuck what fad little kids are into, even if it's something as stupid as PewDiePie. And maybe I'm supposed to like the fact that he's not the construction of a mega corporation strategically designed to sell shit to dumb kids. But... just call me concerned then. I'd rather have kids be entertained by MegaCorp's newest marketing trend than some stupid asshole like PewDiePie. That guy sucks, and for a while I just didn't care because oh well fuck it.... but now he ruined one of the best seasons of South Park by having his stupid face on my screen while the episode ended. Fuck him.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    My opinion, South Park's multi-part episodes are usually a let-down. I like a couple of them (Cartman's Mom, Getting Old - both having a few months' gap between parts), but typically they feel thinly written and unnecessary; the narrative might fit over the runtime but the jokes certainly don't.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quite a good season, except for that last episode. The references to getting old are becoming more frequent on the show. Trey and Matt probably realize that they are losing, or about to lose, their 'coolness', the connection to the youth, the anarchic spirit or however you want to call it. So this two-parter was about trying to emulate digital youth culture, with meta and meta meta references, a reddit in South Park form. With their cultural commentary they could keep the show going for an abnormal amount of time, but eventually, the show is going to stop creating its own memes and just imitates them. The season as a whole however, by imitating the serialised dramas of the past years, showed how the series can go on.
    The whole idea to let the whole season culminate in the very last episode was a failure though.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I was really really hoping that Mr Hankey would save Christmas at the end there when they were all talking about having to believe. Lost my boner immediately when the other guy showed up.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post
    My opinion, South Park's multi-part episodes are usually a let-down. I like a couple of them (Cartman's Mom, Getting Old - both having a few months' gap between parts), but typically they feel thinly written and unnecessary; the narrative might fit over the runtime but the jokes certainly don't.
    Cartman's Mom is a Dirty Slut still holds up. That Terrance and Phillip April Fools episode airing still scars a lot to this day.

I didn't watch this season since I had other commitments, however I think South Park loses steam when it focuses on nothing BUT pop culture. What I gather, just about every episode in 18 knocked on current pop culture celebs and other ilk. It's funny and cool but I totally love 100% original episodes or ones where the pop culture references and jokes are incidental.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Did i miss something or was South Park actually defending Pewdiepie? (or whatever the fuck his name is)

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    it's more like they "justified his existence" (for better or worse)

I had no idea who Pewdiepie was until i watched the episodes, god is he annoying, i guess that's the "charm"...

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I'm watching older episodes and happened to watch The Entity this afternoon. Made me have the urge to post a photo from the episode.

Necropost but God...haha.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GibbonBlack View Post
    I posted this in the video game area of the forum. I loved the Stick of Truth so I know I'll love this game too.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Love the Coon and Friends direction of this. Great way to set it all apart. So glad Matt and Trey had a change of heart.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Dude, sweet! South Park has officially been renewed through 2019!!

http://southpark.cc.com/blog/2015/07...23?xrs=synd_sp

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    @Ryan - Stunning and Brave seemed like a very nice and promising start for season 19. I'm also guessing that perhaps all new seasons will also begin in September and end in December from now on?

It seems to have been that way ever since the end of season 16.

@tony.parente - I'm not sure if you're a fan of South Park, but I thought that you might've loved to see Stunning and Brave.

@kleiner352 - I'm sorry. I somehow forgot to mention you, as I have a feeling that you might enjoy an entire episode about political correctness. I don't know if you're a fan of South Park though, but I still hope that you like it.

http://southpark.cc.com/full-episode...&sort=!airdate

As for the next episode of South Park, we have Where My Country Gone? coming up.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/...takes-on-trump

http://news.yahoo.com/south-park-fin...165028515.html
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 10-03-2015 at 10:19 PM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    my friend who wrote a few reviews last season is covering this ENTIRE season for the AV Club (as well as the new Muppets show). it's making me want to watch it, even though i haven't regularly watched the show in over 5 years.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    The last episode was OK though some of it was stupid. Plus, who gives a shit about Bruce Jenner? Fuck him. He's an asshole. I don't care what anyone says. I don't care if he became a woman. After all, he's a Kartrashian.