Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Results 121 to 131 of 131

Thread: Death From Above 1979

  1. #121
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    2,440
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Just secured my tickets for the San Diego show....I am FINALLY going to see this damn band live.

  2. #122
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    7,357
    Mentioned
    346 Post(s)
    so, an unfortunate thing happened yesterday - https://medium.com/@stevemanimalhers...t-44885a0dfb62

    BUT it turns out it was largely bullshit (as indicated by the new addendum at the top of the article), so i feel a lot better

  3. #123
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    6,030
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    so, an unfortunate thing happened yesterday - https://medium.com/@stevemanimalhers...t-44885a0dfb62

    BUT it turns out it was largely bullshit (as indicated by the new addendum at the top of the article), so i feel a lot better
    Man, that's crazy...good on him for denouncing that shit.

  4. #124
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    2,440
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    DFA in San Diego tonight!!

  5. #125
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    2,440
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Wow, talk about a shit show last night. I ended up walking out of the concert after 5 songs due to how shitty they sounded. Both looked bored and just going through the motions. Sebastian's voice kept cracking and had very little energy while Jesse also looked like he didn't want to be there and played off-key. I have been looking forward to finally seeing these guys live and after seeing all the various footage of them I thought I was going to have a hell of a time. Unfortunately this was not case...Has anyone else seen them on this current tour?

  6. #126
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    7,357
    Mentioned
    346 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    Wow, talk about a shit show last night. I ended up walking out of the concert after 5 songs due to how shitty they sounded. Both looked bored and just going through the motions. Sebastian's voice kept cracking and had very little energy while Jesse also looked like he didn't want to be there and played off-key. I have been looking forward to finally seeing these guys live and after seeing all the various footage of them I thought I was going to have a hell of a time. Unfortunately this was not case...Has anyone else seen them on this current tour?
    they had a weird energy at riot fest. played well but spent so much time just bullshitting in between songs. but nothing like what you described.

  7. #127
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    LI, NY
    Posts
    1,737
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    Wow, talk about a shit show last night. I ended up walking out of the concert after 5 songs due to how shitty they sounded. Both looked bored and just going through the motions. Sebastian's voice kept cracking and had very little energy while Jesse also looked like he didn't want to be there and played off-key. I have been looking forward to finally seeing these guys live and after seeing all the various footage of them I thought I was going to have a hell of a time. Unfortunately this was not case...Has anyone else seen them on this current tour?
    Saw them in NY last month and last year. Had a great time at both.

  8. #128
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    102
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I just listened to their new album yesterday and it was awesome! I think it was better than the last one and it's the only album this year that didn't disappoint me. Better than the new releases by NIN, Primus, Android Lust, and Marilyn Manson. It's nice to look forward to listening to it again, rather than trying to find something to like on a poor album.

  9. #129
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    330
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Still the album of the year for me.

  10. #130
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    330
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Did anyone rip a high quality version of Keep It Real Dumb?

  11. #131
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    LI, NY
    Posts
    1,737
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BrokenSpiral View Post
    Did anyone rip a high quality version of Keep It Real Dumb?

Posting Permissions