Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Death From Above 1979

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Just secured my tickets for the San Diego show....I am FINALLY going to see this damn band live.

Mentioned
    317 Post(s)
    so, an unfortunate thing happened yesterday - https://medium.com/@stevemanimalhers...t-44885a0dfb62

BUT it turns out it was largely bullshit (as indicated by the new addendum at the top of the article), so i feel a lot better

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    so, an unfortunate thing happened yesterday - https://medium.com/@stevemanimalhers...t-44885a0dfb62

BUT it turns out it was largely bullshit (as indicated by the new addendum at the top of the article), so i feel a lot better
    Man, that's crazy...good on him for denouncing that shit.

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    DFA in San Diego tonight!!

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Wow, talk about a shit show last night. I ended up walking out of the concert after 5 songs due to how shitty they sounded. Both looked bored and just going through the motions. Sebastian's voice kept cracking and had very little energy while Jesse also looked like he didn't want to be there and played off-key. I have been looking forward to finally seeing these guys live and after seeing all the various footage of them I thought I was going to have a hell of a time. Unfortunately this was not case...Has anyone else seen them on this current tour?

Mentioned
    317 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    Wow, talk about a shit show last night. I ended up walking out of the concert after 5 songs due to how shitty they sounded. Both looked bored and just going through the motions. Sebastian's voice kept cracking and had very little energy while Jesse also looked like he didn't want to be there and played off-key. I have been looking forward to finally seeing these guys live and after seeing all the various footage of them I thought I was going to have a hell of a time. Unfortunately this was not case...Has anyone else seen them on this current tour?
    they had a weird energy at riot fest. played well but spent so much time just bullshitting in between songs. but nothing like what you described.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    Saw them in NY last month and last year. Had a great time at both.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I just listened to their new album yesterday and it was awesome! I think it was better than the last one and it's the only album this year that didn't disappoint me. Better than the new releases by NIN, Primus, Android Lust, and Marilyn Manson. It's nice to look forward to listening to it again, rather than trying to find something to like on a poor album.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Still the album of the year for me.