Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Death From Above 1979

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    I have... questions... about their appropriation of that poster typeface and design.
    ??? what's the inspiration behind it? i don't immediately recognize it.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    ??? what's the inspiration behind it? i don't immediately recognize it.

(The hashtag and website obviously weren't there in 1969)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Caught Up sounds awesome. Can't wait for that one.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Damn ... the whole record leaked already.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    ORLY??

ive been jamming Holy Books today. Looking forward to hearing the rest

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Apparently it's only 160 kbps quality. Guess I will wait for another week then.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    It is. I did it anyway..

the album is really good. It's a bit less chaotic sounding and more focused. A more matured sound. I really like it.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Finally got around to checking this out and absolutely love it. Another solid album release for 2017! Looking forward to finally catching these guys live next month

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    the low end mix on this album is crazy! it rocks, but it also bumps pretty hard. I love it!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Sounds so much better than the leak. I love this album. What a good couple weeks, Queens and DFA.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    New album is solid start to finish. They always seem to pull off that sonic sound and it shows here on this effort, and definitely my favorite release from them so far.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The new record's really fucking good! Nomad is such a killer opener, and from there it gets better. I really like Moonlight, Holy Books (that fancy piano part is nice!), and All I C is U & Me. Another solid album from Sebastien and Jesse!

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Orange vinyl or black and white halves? How to decide!

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    Orange vinyl or black and white halves? How to decide!
    Simple answer, the B/W halves is sold out

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    This album is definitely a grower. My initial feelings were "it's not terrible, but it has none of the elements that made DFA79 great. Definitely the worst of the 3", but after spinning it a handful of times I have come around to thinking it is actually great and I really like the new direction. I may possibly like the album more than TPW now, but it still doesn't live up to YAW or HU.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I think this is my favourite release of 2017. It's so good and I can't stop listening to it.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GavinCollins420 View Post
    I think this is my favourite release of 2017. It's so good and I can't stop listening to it.

Between this, LCD Soundsystem, Royal Blood, and the new Horrors album, 2017 is turning out to be an excellent year for music. I still have the new U2 album to look forward to too. I agree with you though, this album is deadlocked for 1st place with LCD over album of year for me.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    Between this, LCD Soundsystem, Royal Blood, and the new Horrors album, 2017 is turning out to be an excellent year for music. I still have the new U2 album to look forward to too. I agree with you though, this album is deadlocked for 1st place with LCD over album of year for me.
    My liking of DFA pre-this album has been very cursory. I love You're A Woman, but outside of that I was largely unfamiliar with them. So as you can imagine, in a year of new NIN and QOTSA (two of my all time favourites) this has very much surprised me. And what a pleasant surprise it has been.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    It's definitely my favorite this year. Queens are 2nd. Like you, this is all I find myself wanting to listen to.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BrokenSpiral View Post
    It's definitely my favorite this year. Queens are 2nd. Like you, this is all I find myself wanting to listen to.
    The new QOTSA was never going to reach the expectations they set themselves in my mind with Like Clockwork. I like the new album, but it disappointed me and I'm trying to get over that and be as objective as I can with it. Some great tracks but, again, Clockwork is unbelievable and I'm stuck on this.

So far my top three for this year are DFA, NIN, Royal Blood.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Anybody else completely obsessed with Never Swim Alone? I saw a bunch of people on Reddit say it's the worst track on the album and I just can't wrap my head around that. I think it's easily the best.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    Anybody else completely obsessed with Never Swim Alone? I saw a bunch of people on Reddit say it's the worst track on the album and I just can't wrap my head around that. I think it's easily the best.
    This and Moonlight are my favourites. Moonlight's drums are like a punch in the fucking face. It's so sick.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post

Nope. Definitely a fun song. I thought I'd be tired of it by the time the album came out, still love it.

Caught Up and NVR 4EVR are my favorites. But there isn't a bad song on this album. Only thing I miss is that little element of dance from the drums. He plays this album a little more straight and heavy. This album really highlights Seb all around, drums, lyrics and vocals.
    Last edited by BrokenSpiral; 09-17-2017 at 10:21 AM.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Nomad is such a killer opening track. Really grabs you and pulls you into the album...

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Haven't listened to this group since the initial breakup and when MSTRKRFT was the main deal. I might check this new shit out (and the album before that).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Haven't listened to this group since the initial breakup and when MSTRKRFT was the main deal. I might check this new shit out (and the album before that).
    Definitely recommend doing so. You are in for quite a treat with 2 albums worth of good music!

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Never once heard of this band. Saw them at Riot Fest and immediately got into it. Loved the below track:

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Yessssss, they're going to tour Europe supporting At The Drive-In next year!

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bachy View Post
    Never once heard of this band. Saw them at Riot Fest and immediately got into it. Loved the below track:

Welcome to the wonderful world of DFA! You need to check out the previous two albums (the above is the new single from the latest release) and behold the greatness that is DFA!

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Ima fan of DFA1979. This album doesn’t seem to have the balls that the other two have. It’s not bad at all. I’m just not in love with it. Feels like an afterthought.