Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46
Results 1,351 to 1,368 of 1368

Thread: Sigil 03_: An omen EP_

  1. #1351
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    canaderp
    Posts
    1,396
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    are the songs tagged with their respective BPM rates on the MP3 download?

  2. #1352
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    dutch mountains
    Posts
    1,397
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    auction is still going...
    hope to get this and rip it for here

  3. #1353
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    dutch mountains
    Posts
    1,397
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)


    $206
    No thank you, aufwiedersehn

  4. #1354
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    at the heart of it all
    Posts
    78
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    in the light of WO release, this EP feels like NOT FREE album sampler with TWO bonus tracks!

  5. #1355
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    4,830
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by my voice just View Post
    in the light of WO release, this EP feels like NOT FREE album sampler with TWO bonus tracks!
    If you have ever bought a single, your argument is irrelevant.

  6. #1356
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Chekhov, Russia
    Posts
    1,795
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    excuse me, was that argument positive or negative?

  7. #1357
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    at the heart of it all
    Posts
    78
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    If you have ever bought a single, your argument is irrelevant.
    An extended play (EP) is a musical recording that contains more music than a single

  8. #1358
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    4,830
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Yes it is. I'm talking about CONTENT. A single is a not-free album sampler. Often it will have no tracks that aren't on the album (or only remixes). So, if someone considers it a bad thing to have a non-free album sampler, then they clearly also despise singles.

  9. #1359
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,253
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Yes it is. I'm talking about CONTENT. A single is a not-free album sampler. Often it will have no tracks that aren't on the album (or only remixes). So, if someone considers it a bad thing to have a non-free album sampler, then they clearly also despise singles.
    That made me realize why the whole "An Omen" thing feels weird now, post-WO... its out of its era. 10+ years ago, this sort of thing was a common way to get a taste of an upcoming release. Like the March of the Pigs maxi-single or TDTWWA single... similar thing. Now, however, we expect every release to be a totally new release, because there's so much music coming out, we have no patience for double dipping.

  10. #1360
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    4,830
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    For a band that makes its art with VHS tapes, that might've been intentional

  11. #1361
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,104
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    It's like half of you forget that the entire point of An omen_ was for it to be a sampler of the full album, which, according to Rob, was already completely done by the time the EP was released. We were told upfront there'd be overlap because WO was intended to be released when An omen_ was, but then plans changed, so they pushed out a sampler of the full thing instead. Christ, get over it.

  12. #1362
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    US of A
    Posts
    2,221
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    After all this bitching, I'm glad I decided to bide my time and not actually buy the EP.

    That said, now that I've spent some quality time with Welcome oblivion...I'm quite enjoying it. Will it be on my top albums list of this year? Depends on what else comes out. So far, it'll probably be up there for the instrumentation and the fact that I do enjoy everyone's vocals. I will admit though that the line "the more we change, everything stays the same" makes me shudder. It just feels like something that I would have written in sixth grade. I'm not saying I could write better songs than these guys, but every single time I hear that line, I just kind of scratch my head.

    I tend to just completely pass by Recursive, too. Six minutes of that super clicky cymbal sample drives me absolutely nuts. There's something about that sound that just makes me need to skip the track...weird, I know.

    If I were actually going to make it to any of the shows, I'd love to see The Wake-Up as an opener, maybe with Q doing the vocals off-stage or in the dark? Eh, just something that comes to mind when I hear the song. Great call for the opening track on the disc, that's for sure.

  13. #1363
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    971
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    Christ, get over it.
    the most important part of your comment...

  14. #1364
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Kinnelon, NJ
    Posts
    771
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I'm happy An omen exists - I actually prefer the transitions on the EP to the ones on Welcome oblivion. The LP songs (or at least 'The loop closes') arguably work better in the context of 'The sleep of reason' and 'Speaking in tongues.'

  15. #1365
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,812
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Just been listening to an omen while doing a really dull task, cleaning a bathroom, the sleep of reason produces monsters gave me major goosebumps. I might tack this and speaking in tongues onto the full album in my iPod

  16. #1366
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Long Island, New York
    Posts
    2,168
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Didn't someone create a tracklisting with the extra Omen tracks within Welcome Oblivion?
    I'm not sure what it is... even one of the EP tracks and album tracks intro/outro continue into each from what i remember.

  17. #1367
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    950
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Unintended Consequences (from the Welcome Oblivion vinyl) segues into Speaking In Tongues.

    I thought The Sleep Of Reason produces Monsters fit best between On The Wing and Too Late All Gone, I know I had some crazy Lost-conspiracy-theorist explanation for why it belonged there, but can't remember now.

  18. #1368
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Long Island, New York
    Posts
    2,168
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post
    Unintended Consequences (from the Welcome Oblivion vinyl) segues into Speaking In Tongues.

    I thought The Sleep Of Reason produces Monsters fit best between On The Wing and Too Late All Gone, I know I had some crazy Lost-conspiracy-theorist explanation for why it belonged there, but can't remember now.
    That's it!

    And I like your placement of "The Sleep Of Reason Produces Monsters"
    Dunno, your Lost reasoning lol. But it does flow quite nicely.

    And it "Unintended Consequences" works into "Speaking In Tongues" not just with the outro/intro drone, but the chopped up/sporadic vocals at the end of "Unintended Consequences" going into a track called "Speaking In Tongues." works on many levels.
    Last edited by neorev; 09-15-2014 at 09:36 PM.

Posting Permissions