Page 35 of 46 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1367

Thread: Sigil 03_: An omen EP_

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shnoorum View Post
    Whats the picture on the left side? Both very purdy pictures but I'd have to go with the HTDA picture. The colors plus the distortion together give it a very eery and beautiful look to it.
    its from TGWTDT opening credits

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by butter_hole View Post
    its from TGWTDT opening credits
    Oh god so it is. I've yet to actually see the movie, I saw the video for the opening when it was posted online however but only watched it once or twice. Much appreciated butter_hole

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Fucking mail didn't deliver the LP to me today despite the fact that it was supposed to. Tracking shows it's literally been in KC all day, just not sorted for delivery. BOOOO

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Whats the picture on the left side?
    Last edited by my voice just; 11-13-2012 at 09:17 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by my voice just View Post
    Well to be fair I am a complete moron so... Yeah... Thats all I got

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Well to be fair I am a complete moron so... Yeah... Thats all I got
    I'd rather see people asking questions that are easily answered than see posts that consist of a completely unhelpful snarky image. Thank you butter_hole for getting right to the point and answering the question. my voice just, please, if you're going to post, try a little harder to contribute something worth posting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i`m trying as hard as i can

but, to be fair enough, butter_hole`s not getting right to the point there
    a more precise answer is that is the official wallpaper to the TGWTDT soundtrack
    Last edited by my voice just; 11-13-2012 at 10:02 PM.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by my voice just View Post
    i`m trying as hard as i can

but, to be fair enough, butter_hole`s not getting right to the point there
    a more precise answer is that is the official wallpaper to the TGWTDT soundtrack
    I was a little disappointed with your initial reply, but coming back later and seeing your edit - excellent recovery! That's what I'm talkin' about. Thank you

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    Fucking mail didn't deliver the LP to me today despite the fact that it was supposed to. Tracking shows it's literally been in KC all day, just not sorted for delivery. BOOOO
    Yeah, I was pissed when it didn't arrive today, too. Might've been because of the holiday yesterday. Here's hoping it gets here tomorrow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So………I'm a bit exhausted after having dicked around for a while with no luck thus far, but has anyone else questioned the fact an 8 page (mostly txt-free) PDF is over 35mb?
    Well, I did…and ended up down a rabbit hole of steganographic PDF research.
    I tried mucking around with it in Acrobat Pro and saw some weird results (it kept running a "detecting image" process when I tried to save a smaller version, and flat out crashed when I tried to just do a straight up "reduce size")…after that, I ran the thing through Pdfmasher and the results didn't seem to add up (it detected lines of txt/characters where none were present), but I'm in a little over my head since I've got work and sleep to catch up on. Thoughts?
    I'd say "oh maybe they just didn't know how to shrink the file size down" but since none of the other digital booklets were like this - and I couldn't compress this one - it makes me wonder if something's snuck into it…

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by indecisean View Post
    So………I'm a bit exhausted after having dicked around for a while with no luck thus far, but has anyone else questioned the fact an 8 page (mostly txt-free) PDF is over 35mb?
    That's 4.4M per page, which is not too unusual for a print quality JPEG. Text takes up no space in comparison to images.

Well, I did…and ended up down a rabbit hole of steganographic PDF research.
    Worth a shot. I'm still waiting for my download to complete, then I might take a look.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    So... I'm finally listening to this and I'm honestly way more impressed than I expected to be. 'Keep it together' is sexy as hell, but I think it's the least "progressive" of the bunch. It's like every other song on the album took the main idea in 'The Believers' (organic/electronic disparity) and pushed it to new heights. Again, I've listened all the way through just once, but I love it, and I was not expecting to say that with such confidence. 'Ice Age' might be the standout for me (note: I can't imagine this song being as effective with TR on lead vox, go Q!!), followed closely by 'The loop closes' (so fucking badass).

On the subject of confidence, this feels like a much more confident group of songs than the material from the self-titled EP which is to be expected. Braver, more experimental, etc. I now must own this on vinyl. Of course it goes without saying that Rob did a bang-up job with the art (I knew the PDF would be exclusive to buying direct!) I think the Atticus and Mariqueen portraits are my favorites.

First quarter 2013 for the LP? I'm so ready. Still curious which tracks will carry over...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    listening to this on JVC XX's. this is why I bought bulging bass phones again

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadpool View Post
    Rob did a bang-up job with the art
    if it won`t start moving in one of next videos, i will be strongly dissapointed
    Last edited by my voice just; 11-14-2012 at 02:48 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    You know that when you listen to new music from Trent for the first time and you can't stop smiling because there is some really awesome part starting in the song and you think "fuck yeah, trent"? that was the case in the end of The Loop Closes. So so good.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    After 3 listens I'm really digging this EP, more so than the first one. Ice Age is definitely the stand out for me, The Loop Closes is awesome as well. I really disliked Keep It Together when I watched the video for it but after three listens on the EP it's really growing on me, was stuck in my head all day yesterday at work.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    I love the length of these songs, too. The EP almost feels like a full length just because of how long these songs are. For shits and giggles, I compared the running time for An Omen to LP's latest album (ya know, since they have a habit of having more songs and shorter album lengths).

Five minute difference. That's pretty impressive, considering LP's album has twice as many tracks on it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Where's the best place to buy the vinyl from in the UK? Amazon.co.uk list it, but with no relase date or further info. HMV list it, but aren't releasing it for two weeks, for some reason. Anywhere else?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i tried again last night when i got home and apparently the third try exceeded my download limit.
    I wrote a kindly letter to topspin last night and then did exactly what you said you were going to do.
    I visited a torrent site and downloaded it from there.
    I figured I paid for it anyhow, and when the record arrives I still cant listen to it.
    I still wonder why i buy records with no player... such a sucker!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    As awesome as this EP is, it's a very boring one.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    thingy from topspin about stuff. we need htda spotting http://topspinmedia.tumblr.com/post/...ls-goes-direct

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    thingy from topspin about stuff. we need htda spotting http://topspinmedia.tumblr.com/post/...ls-goes-direct
    "Topspin works incredibly well for these kinds of artists"

Hahahahaha... haha.. *sob*

So far I've had a pretty unimpressive experience with them on anything that was pre-ordered. They seem unable to cope with release day issues.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Got my destroyangels.com package today.

KIT promo vinyl is in a red sleeve with white labels. Side A is Factory Floor, Side B is Dave Sitek, as expected.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    Got my destroyangels.com package today.

KIT promo vinyl is in a red sleeve with white labels. Side A is Factory Floor, Side B is Dave Sitek, as expected.
    Anything on the sleeve? Track names, art etc?

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Finally got my package from Amazon.com and ended up with two copies. Looks like I pre-ordered this back in September and then again in November.

After a few listens, I like the EP minus MQ's voice. Didn't like it on the first EP and still dont like it on here. It doesn't fit the music correctly IMO. The music is awesome but when she sings I cringe (with the exception of Ice Age)

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Anything on the sleeve? Track names, art etc?
    Nah, just a plain red outer sleeve. Looks like the inner protective sleeve is white.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    I hope that 33.5 RPM is a typo, because turntables play at 33 1/3...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I hope that 33.5 RPM is a typo, because turntables play at 33 1/3...
    That would only make a 15 cents difference (not even a quarter tone) but it would be audible to the average ear. Not a very big deal though

*edit*
    You could always check that with the track-length (comparing the one written on the disk with a measured)

(33,5/60)*443= 247,3417

60(247,3417/(100/3))= 445,22= 7 minutes, 25 seconds, which is what it would last if it was really pressed at 33,5 RPM and played at 100/3 RPM
    Last edited by Indefinite_Cure; 11-14-2012 at 03:17 PM.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    So wow, having let this sit for a few days, listening to it about 5-6 times, I have to say I really, really, really enjoy it. Perfect music just in time for winter.