Page 36 of 46 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1367

Thread: Sigil 03_: An omen EP_

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MAD View Post
    It's interesting that the images add up to 26.4mb but the PDF is closer to 40mb.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Headphones.. check! Fat joint.. check! An Omen E.P.. check! Happy days.. check!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    It's interesting that the images add up to 26.4mb but the PDF is closer to 40mb.
    Adobe sometimes has the habit of enlarging pdf files depending on the driver. Unless there is something else going on here..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    thingy from topspin about stuff. we need htda spotting http://topspinmedia.tumblr.com/post/...ls-goes-direct
    Ahaha... they mentioned the sandwich question.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Keep in mind that there are four images missing. Those were white, each with a colored rectangle for text probably.

If you want to go crazy,

Page 8, 9 and 10: #6c99a9
    Page 12: #3f4255

Blank images: http://ge.tt/1OZAfdR/v/0?c

Ah yeah, and I made this wallpaper for myself, but feel free to use it if you want to: http://imgur.com/NAy2S
    Last edited by MAD; 11-14-2012 at 04:37 PM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    God I freaking love this whole EP. The production and the volume dynamics are really what is catching my ear. Also just like NIN, every song gets better with every listen. Can't wait for the live shows.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Here is a little unboxing video I made earlier today in my office for anyone who is interested!

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Anyone else still waiting for their vinyl to ship from Topspin?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    being old school, like i am, i bought this at a localrecord store. the download code is only good for the mp3 version. i guess ishould have assumed that. does this mean i have to pay another $5 for a flac? it's getting harder and harder to support local mom and pop shops.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    Anyone else still waiting for their vinyl to ship from Topspin?
    Yep. My live receipt thing still doesn't have a tracking number, just a status of acknowledged. If I recall we were supposed to receive these on release day.. I really do not like Topspin.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by buckaroo View Post
    being old school, like i am, i bought this at a localrecord store. the download code is only good for the mp3 version. i guess ishould have assumed that. does this mean i have to pay another $5 for a flac? it's getting harder and harder to support local mom and pop shops.
    its not their fault columbia bitched out on flac downloads..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dominik View Post
    You know that when you listen to new music from Trent for the first time and you can't stop smiling because there is some really awesome part starting in the song and you think "fuck yeah, trent"? that was the case in the end of The Loop Closes. So so good.
    Well said. In general, I have a really ridiculous smile on my face through most of this EP. This is the first time in weeks I've had something new to listen to that so thoroughly grabbed my attention I had to stop what I was doing just to listen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Decent EP. Their s/t EP was much hookier and more enjoyable to listen to, but An Omen EP has a more interesting atmosphere. What they have to do from here is combine both elements together and improve the lyrics, then they'll have something outstanding.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trunkjob View Post
    improve the lyrics
    Still better than

"Now I am an animal
    Now I am a chemical"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    what about that????

Ice age video

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    ^ For real? I went to that Lana Del Ray video but there was an advert for a completely different song in the background...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Chuck Norris` boner

HDTA`s on vevo now

so, we know what to expect

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dzaver View Post
    what about that????

Ice age video

Also found that link. I clicked on it and it led to the vid for Keep it Together.
    Typo or Vevo spoiled the 2nd single.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by my voice just View Post
    Chuck Norris` boner

HDTA`s on vevo now

so, we know what to expect

This is why I look down on musicians going back to the label infrastructure. Yeah, I get it: It's a better deal and a superior infrastructure for your buck. But there'll always be collateral damage. Especially since VEVO usually has 24 hour exclusivity over new videos before they're allowed to be put on Vimeo et all.
    Last edited by Henrie_Schnee; 11-15-2012 at 07:42 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I really love the music and the layers of this EP.
    Very nice driving music for my mornings.
    "ice age" is forever left lingering in my head, I find myself singing it often throughout my day.
    "the loop closes" is my favourite off the ep. That ending is just what Ive been looking for from this band.
    My wife really enjoyed the Clipd beaks feel of "speaking in tongues"
    But alas I am still awaiting Topspin to ship mine also.
    At least in my house its almost like a comical joke at this point.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    probably fair review from pitchfork:
    http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/17297-an-omen-ep/

(is this review relevant? no mention of pants.)

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    How seriously can you take a reviewer who keeps referencing The Slip (positively) and doesn't recognize Ghost (sic) as the most recent Nine Inch Nails album? : /

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by screwdriver View Post
    probably fair review from pitchfork:
    http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/17297-an-omen-ep/

(is this review relevant? no mention of pants.)
    Probably one of the most honest reviews I've seen come out of pitchfork for a while.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post
    How seriously can you take a reviewer who keeps referencing The Slip (positively) and doesn't recognize Ghost (sic) as the most recent Nine Inch Nails album? : /
    Am I missing something? Ghosts came out in March of 08, The Slip came out in July of 08?

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    It's interesting to me that the song that I most commonly see people heralding is the same track that Pitchfork picks as its least favorite. But then, I also disagree with their assertion that the debut EP is "easily superior" - I was not immediately taken by the debut EP, and actually don't much listen to it. I like the material on this new one so much better. I think the artwork could be swapped though - the new stuff Rob's making fits the sound of the debut EP better, and I think the debut's artwork would go better with the music on this EP. So hey, there's my opinion, added to the pile.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    It's interesting to me that the song that I most commonly see people heralding is the same track that Pitchfork picks as its least favorite. But then, I also disagree with their assertion that the debut EP is "easily superior" - I was not immediately taken by the debut EP, and actually don't much listen to it. I like the material on this new one so much better. I think the artwork could be swapped though - the new stuff Rob's making fits the sound of the debut EP better, and I think the debut's artwork would go better with the music on this EP. So hey, there's my opinion, added to the pile.
    fascinating perspective. don't agree on the art -- I think new EP is really cold and winter-y, which is evocative of dark and blue to me. (the whole Videodrome aesthetic... not sure anyway, but its cool.) while I think the old EP feels a bit more summer-y and uptempo, I can't help but wonder if part of my opinion on that was informed by the art having seeped in to my brain. interesting!

I think Pitchfork was more judgmental of the singing on Ice Age; they seem to praise the production. and while the track itself isn't my "least favorite," the singing is probably my least favorite part of the track. It works, but its the least interesting part of the track.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jrdsctt View Post
    Am I missing something? Ghosts came out in March of 08, The Slip came out in July of 08?
    Nope, you're catching my (arrogant) mistake.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Just going to put this out there: if anyone comes across a promo/radio/label thing CD of An Omen, I'm VERY interested.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    An Omen ad banner on Spotify today. See what major label deals get ya!

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Just going to put this out there: if anyone comes across a promo/radio/label thing CD of An Omen, I'm VERY interested.
    I think you have to stay at the back of the queue