Page 13 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Sigil 03_: An omen EP_

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    They're also now listed as How to destroy angels_, but thankfully that doesn't confuse Amazon

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Trent worked with EL-P, Atticus worked with P!nk, Mariqueen worked with Ming and Ping... yeah, they're pretty down for that kinda thing :P
    I respect what you're saying, so I'm just nitpicking ... but in no way is El-P dance and/or DJ genre-wise.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post
    Interesting that the genre is labeled as "Dance and DJ"

Wonder if that's accurate....
    Actually, I looked at the Amazon mp3s for the first EP and they were all labeled as Dance and DJ, too.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    My reaction:
    Now, excuse me while I have insomnia for the next few nights.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    '80s Dance was awesome. I prefer to call it Synthpop...

"Dance" can be interpreted in MANY MANY ways. From Bowie's Lets Dance to Bobby Browns Aint no Humpin Around - From Snows Informer to Pet Shop Boys West End Girls - From SnP Lets Talk About Sex to Aretha Franklin - From Level 42s Something About You to Who Let The Dogs Out etc....

As for the DJ part... - Could be a million things. I know a lot of DnB & Jungle DJs loved to use NIN remix stuff on vinyl as a back beat to another song...

Rolling Stone Dance Charts

November 12, 2012

1. Justin Bieber - Boyfriend
    2. Maroon 5 - Payphone
    3. HTDA - Keep it together
    4. Usher - Scream

... Gimme' a break.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    d-d-d-do right.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Ugh I wish I had grown up in my teens during the 80's....

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by screwdriver View Post
    I respect what you're saying, so I'm just nitpicking ... but in no way is El-P dance and/or DJ genre-wise.
    i think he meant DFA?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Some stupid acronym for some overrated group, yeah

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Some stupid acronym for some overrated group, yeah
    el-p is not an acronym

and dfa are overrated?

stop being silly sheepdean

Detroit-ish Area Bacon Taste: Deliciously Maple
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by konstantin View Post
    They're also now listed as How to destroy angels_...
    howtodestroyangels.com lists them as such too.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    When i saw the word Dance i got excited. I highly doubt it's house music!, just very much an electronica record.

Been a huge amount of good electronic music released since the EP came out 2 years ago. I noticed a surge of really good innovative electronic music which started really suddenly in the middle of 2010 most of its been rather dark. All on various different labels most of it is from the States.
    If the band have been listening to some of that awesome stuff then I have a feeling this will be rather different to the EP.
    I can just see HTDA fitting in with a lot of the dark sounds and production out there at the moment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post
    Interesting that the genre is labeled as "Dance and DJ"

Wonder if that's accurate....
    I call band trolling. I mean wouldn't you label as such just to check the reaction?

On another, yet similar topic... In signing another record contract wouldn't TR add a PR clause stipulating complete control?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It's stylized as, 'how to destroy angels_" on the Sony sight, too... The Dance/DJ thing is really interesting. I'm a huge fan of electronic music, depending on how it's constructed. I know HTDA will pull it off well. We'll wait and see. Tuesday cannot come soon enough.

http://sonymusichty.myplaydigital.co...aspx?id=295266

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Wait do we really think this is about to be an Avicii level SMASHER!!!!!

ANY-hoo...I'm going to see the SHIT out of this tour.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by peanoot3 View Post
    It's stylized as, 'how to destroy angels_" on the Sony sight, too... The Dance/DJ thing is really interesting. I'm a huge fan of electronic music, depending on how it's constructed. I know HTDA will pull it off well. We'll wait and see. Tuesday cannot come soon enough.

http://sonymusichty.myplaydigital.co...aspx?id=295266
    What if it comes out and it's just a slightly more dance-y version of NIN, but less fleshed out and with Mariqueen on vocals instead of Trent?

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    So, will Keep it Together be considered Sigil 3, making An Omen Sigil 4? Are we even sure that the Sigil thing is the HTDA version of Halos?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    FWIW, someone on Twitter asked Rob if An Omen would be Sigil 3, and he answered "Patience is a virtue."

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    ^^ that was me, I actually came here to say I asked him. Me thinks it's Sigil 03.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xfocalinx View Post
    ^^ that was me, I actually came here to say I asked him. Me thinks it's Sigil 03.
    Ah, I saw that tweet from Rob. That kinda makes me think the Sigil thing doesn't mean what we assumed it meant...on the old ETS, wasn't there a different theory about it, something that went deeper than "Trent wants us to buy all the things"?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    Ah, I saw that tweet from Rob. That kinda makes me think the Sigil thing doesn't mean what we assumed it meant...on the old ETS, wasn't there a different theory about it, something that went deeper than "Trent wants us to buy all the things"?
    If you don't mind me asking, what was this theory? I wasn't around when the old ETS was up.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nine_inch_nerd View Post
    Arturia make great sounding plug-ins but their copy protection is shitty and their "customer support" is even worse.

Studio rage, sorry.

I'm a nerd.
    What are they doing? Recording more songs? I thought the album was finished.

Quote Originally Posted by simonn View Post
    Personally I assumed this was NIN stuff, as he's meant to be writing stuff for the next album at the moment isn't he? I'm kinda assuming the HTDA is done, just decided to not to release a full album this late in the year as it'll get swallowed up by the usual swathe of greatest hits albums that get released in the final qtr for the Christmas market.
    Well, what could this be?

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jrdsctt View Post
    If you don't mind me asking, what was this theory? I wasn't around when the old ETS was up.
    I can't actually remember what the details of it were. Maybe someone else knows what I'm talking about?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    So, do we think these studio pics are from recording the LP, or old pics from recording the EP? http://blog.destroyangels.com/post/3...994/taken-with

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Good question.
    That's what I thought when I made my statement in earlier posts.

Again, the issue with his gear, Trent tweeded is present for sure
    And I think every new pic on their website is also the present.

But, reading your line....I thought that the complete first album was done.
    Plans changed. They made a deal with Columbia and the team decided to release an EP first, containing a few songs which will be on the album too. (other tactics)

If they are doing new recordings, it's to expand the original album or they making homework for the next album later in 2013.

My thoughts....

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    anyone else notice that there are, for some reason, two different versions of the single on amazon? i can't find any real difference, but if you search for "how to destroy angels keep it together" two results occur.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    anyone else notice that there are, for some reason, two different versions of the single on amazon? i can't find any real difference, but if you search for "how to destroy angels keep it together" two results occur.
    One is the "album" (basically a one track CD single, but digital) and one is the standalone track.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    One is the "album" (basically a one track CD single, but digital) and one is the standalone track.
    I still don't get it. One is an MP3, and one is...an MP3. What's different between an "album" download of a single song and...a single song?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    you can buy the album version of the track (but not the rest of the album just yet) or you can buy the single version

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by butter_hole View Post
    you can buy the album version of the track (but not the rest of the album just yet) or you can buy the single version
    So in the single version, the song is actually different in some way from the album version? Sorry, still trying to get my head around this, and my lack of sleep/desert dehydration isn't helping.