Just waiting on the Swedish one now:

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BRruZHCFN-C/

DANZIG will release a new album in May. This is the first album of all new material in 7 years. Title will be announced shortly.
    This June also marks the 25th anniversary of DANZIG III How The Gods Kill. In honor of this momentous occasion, DANZIG will be doing a select handful of shows this summer & will perform many songs from How The Gods Kill. Don't miss it!!!

"BLACK LADEN CROWN" is probably the new album title according to amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Black-Laden-C...eywords=danzig

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Coming May 26.

Last edited by Ryan; 04-24-2017 at 07:45 AM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Hopefully decent. Wasn't that into the last record as much. Last album i enjoyed front to back was 777.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    It's reported to be 50 minutes long. I think 777 succeeded so much due to the heaviness and that there was absolutely no filler; even Unendlich sounded like a part of Black Mass. Then again, Circle of Snakes didn't have any filler and was heavy, so...

Anyway, I loved 777, CoS and Deth Red Sabaoth (NetherBound, Black Angel, White Angel, Deth Red Moon, Pyre Of Souls: Incanticle, Rebel Spirits, SkinCarver, The Coldest Sun, Without Light, I Am, I Luciferi, Halo Goddess Bone, My Darkness, Skull Forrest...) all amazing. The only ones I don't care much for are Wicked Pussycat and HellMask.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Black Laden Crown - CD Digipak

http://shop.afm-records.de/audio/hea...er=sCampaign61

Black Laden Crown - Ltd. Gtf. Black Vinyl

Black Laden Crown - Ltd. Neon Yellow Vinyl

Black Laden Crown - Ltd. Neon Orange Vinyl

Black Laden Crown - Ltd. Clear Red Vinyl

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Also, I can't believe they're still releasing more versions of this, a cassette even:

DANZIG

Skeletons (Black Cassette)

http://shop.nuclearblast.com/en/prod...cassette-.html

DANZIG

Skeletons (Purple/Black Vinyl)

http://shop.nuclearblast.com/en/prod...ck-vinyl-.html
    Last edited by Ryan; 03-26-2017 at 02:37 PM.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Also, I can't believe they're still releasing more versions of this, a cassette even:

DANZIG

Skeletons (Black Cassette)

http://shop.nuclearblast.com/en/prod...cassette-.html

DANZIG

Skeletons (Purple/Black Vinyl)

http://shop.nuclearblast.com/en/prod...ck-vinyl-.html

And two more variants:

https://amazon.ca/dp/B06XTDJNDP

http://www.bullmoose.com/p/24958998

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    @Space Suicide - I need a small favor, sending you a PM.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    New song "Devil On Hwy 9" played on Full Metal Jackie.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    New song "Devil On Hwy 9" played on Full Metal Jackie.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I really liked that. Not sure what era it reminded me of musically. Love the groove.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    I hope this chick is in the next music video. Kayden Kross, same adult star from Skeletons cover:

Last edited by Ryan; 04-30-2017 at 05:09 AM.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Orange/red swirl vinyl available through Nuclear Blast USA site.

Track lengths:

1. "Black Laden Crown" - 5:59
    2. "Eyes Ripping Fire" - 4:19
    3. "Devil On Hwy 9" - 3:52
    4. "Last Ride" - 4:59
    5. "The Witching Hour" - 5:59
    6. "But a Nightmare" - 5:04
    7. "Skulls & Daisies" - 3:58
    8. "Blackness Falls" - 5:47
    9. "Pull the Sun" - 5:54

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    New song out a few days in real format if you all haven't checked it. I dig it.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Digital single cover for anyone needing/wanting it:

Last edited by Ryan; 05-25-2017 at 04:48 AM.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    "Last Ride" is now up on iTunes. I haven't listened yet:

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    *Negan from The Walking Dead voice*

This is Last Ride, and it... is... awesome.

I really love the vocals here. Makes me really look forward to the Elvis covers record.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Video being recorded today for first music video from BLC.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    "Pull The Sun" is one hell of a closing song!

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    https://www.sendspace.com/file/ppx2o7

Digital booklet if anyone wants it.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    So it turns out "Last Ride" was the song he wrote for The Walking Dead soundtrack that didn't materialise. Makes sense when you read the lyrics.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    So it turns out "Last Ride" was the song he wrote for The Walking Dead soundtrack that didn't materialise. Makes sense when you read the lyrics.

You’ve been working on ‘Black Laden Crown’ for a while now. How did the whole process come about? Did you record when you felt like it?

That’s the way I do my records pretty much always, but more so now. When I have stuff I go the studio and record. I use whoever is available at the time. Of course Tommy and I are the mainstays. Then I used whatever drummer who is good. My long-time drummer Johnny Kelly did some work, my old drummer Joey Castillo did some and I also used Dirk Verbeuren (Soulwork) and the remainder I played drums.

Where did you record?

I record in Hollywood in a studio called EastWest. That’s were I recorded a lot of the old stuff with Rick (Rubin).

The album is very dark, very doomy, some tracks even have a Samhain vibe to them. Was that a natural thing that happened or did you want to achieve this, maybe having 25 years of ‘How the gods kill’ in mind?

Not really. I didn’t think about that. But I’m the guy who wrote all of that stuff, so it’s not by accident that it sounds like what I have done and do. I just go in and then the songs take on a life of their own. And then I start hearing things that nobody else hears of course. It’s always funny because somebody like Johnny will say “I don’t get it yet” and I tell him, “just play your drum-track” and then all of a sudden it all falls into place. And I agree, I think it’s a very heavy album.

Devil on Highway 9 seems to pay tribute to the movie ‘The Car’. What other inspiration did you have for the lyrics?

No, it doesn’t have anything to do with the movie. The content of the lyrics is pretty evident what I was thinking, but then again I write a lot of my stuff so people can interpret it and it becomes personal for themselves, that’s what I do and want to keep doing. I love it when people get different things out of the songs, it’s great. I do what I want to do, but it becomes their personal song.

Simon Bisley did the artwork for this album. How does the album-title reflect the artwork or vise versa?

Yeah, there are elements in the song “Black Laden Crown” that can be seen on the cover. Simon also painted the back-cover. Simon has done a lot for me, the last thing was the “Devil’s Angels” 7 inch. We’ve been working together for 25 years now. I remember that we were filming the “Mother ‘93 video and Simon was working on the cover for “Thrall”, so we stopped at his house, hung out saw his crazy little cats. It was pretty wild. That’s how long we’ve known each other.

There are rumors that this could be your very last studio-album with new original songs? What are the plans?

Ah....we shall see. I’m not ruling it out.

You’re playing some shows with a special “How the gods kill” theme to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the album. Danzig III seems to have a special significance for you. Why is that?

Of course “How the gods kill” was my breakthrough record, it reached the Top 20 in the states and was the first record that I produced. It blew us open in Europe as well. I think we went on tour in Europe for more than two months with White Zombie opening for us. Most of the dates were in Germany (Cologne, Düsseldorf, Stuttgart, Dortmund, Bielefeld, Bremen). It was a really big record for the band.

When is the Danzig sings Elvis album coming out?

It’s done and I recorded way more songs than I set out to do. Every time we had down time in the studio, I said to Tommy “do you wanna do another Elvis track” and he said “sure”. So we now have a great number of songs and I’m still not sick of Elvis. The album will be released in 2018.

For decades you said that there would never be a Misfits reunion. Now it happened. Are there any chances that we will see the original Misfits play again, maybe even in Europe?

I don’t know about Europe. The fans would have to determine that. The promoter has to make us an offer and we cannot loose money. It’s a fact there won’t be any dates at the European summer-festivals.
    How the whole thing came about was that Jerry and I had resolved a lot of the legal things that we had been fighting about. We just decided that if we were going to do it, we’d have to do it soon since I don’t want to be ancient. I’m still in really good shape – probably better than most people. It all turned out to be incredible.

How did it feel to be on stage again with Jerry and Doyle?

Doyle has been on tour with me many times before so it didn’t feel that much different. You just put the boots back on and you do it. I think what it mostly did, it solidified how much people love this stuff. We headlined both Riot Fest shows and seeing all those people go crazy made others, who did not take us serious before, realize what an impact the Misfits had. There were people from everywhere - South America, Japan, Europe, UK...all holding up their flags and signs, saying where they are from. It was incredible.

Will we see a DVD of those shows? There were professional cameras around...

We are editing the material and we’ll see how it turns out. We had five cameras recording the whole set.

Jerry would like to do a Misfits album in the original line-up with Dave on drums. You commented that you have a “full plate” at this time. Are you open to do a new Misfits record?

I don’t know if there’s even more Misfits shows in the future. I’m doing my new Danzig record and my “Blackest of the Black” festival in the US which is a two-day festival with camping and countless great bands. The tickets are selling way better than anybody hoped. I’m also trying to steam my comic book label “Verotik” into more of a film-area. So all of that is my focus now. That’s the way I’m gonna go.
    Right now I’m working on a music video for my new album and people don’t realize how long the editing takes, especially for me. I’m planning all the shots and I’m sitting in the editing room with the editor and work on every single take with him.

You mentioned a blues and country project some years ago. Possibly with Jerry Cantrell and Hank III. How are the chances of that happening?

I see Jerry every while and we talk about it all the time. And when we do, we realize that we are both very busy and that’s it’s hard to find a time when we are both not working on projects. When he gets off the road and is not working on an album I’m probably in the middle of a tour. But if it happens one day, it’s going to great. I’m still looking forward to doing this.

You are rumored to have written a song for the TV show “The Walking Dead”.... What is your connection to the show and what happened to the song?

It’s on this album and it’s called “Last Ride”. I think the soundtrack album was scrapped. There were supposed to be a lot of other bands on it – I think Soundgarden was one of them – but it never came out. I had told people that if the soundtrack doesn’t come out before my new album is being done, I’m putting it on my new record. It’s not so much about the show itself, but more about the theme anyway. But who knows, if I do a video-clip for it, it could even have zombies.

Is there a chance you can be seen on the big screen again one day? There was talk about a Vanessa del Rio pic?

That’s in limbo. The director isn’t doing it anymore. I think he wasn’t able to raise the money that he needed to do the movie.

Now that the Misfits reunion has happened, how are the chances of a reunion of the Danzig line-up with you Eerie, John and Chuck?

No. Why?

You as a person generate strong feedback. Positive and negative. More so than most other artists. Why do you think that is?

People are just haters. Haters gotta hate. When people hate you, you’re doing something good, but I don’t give a fuck.

There is not much known about you personally. People used to know where you lived and you moved. You don’t seem to hang out with celebrities and you keep away from the spotlight. What do you do when really have time for yourself?

That’s all I’m doing. Working most of the time and sometimes I relax and charge my batteries. I have so many other things I do besides music. I stay busy. And I like to keep to myself. I don’t hang out just to hang out and be seen somewhere. I hate that crap.

Are there new or current bands that you feel have a Danzig attitude to them? A dark side that matches the atmosphere that you create?

I don’t know. I haven’t head a lot of new bands lately because I’ve been working so much. I think I see a lot of bands out there, compared to when I started out. There’s more now and it’s great. I like to have these type of bands on my “Blackest of the Black” festival as well. Like Ministry, Marduk, Belphagor, Devildriver, even Suicidal Tendencies.