Likes Likes:  0
Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: The Bourne Legacy

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

The Bourne Legacy

I am really excited for this movie to come out this week. I was in love with the Bourne series and really was not expecting another installment to the franchise. With a great supporting cast, and Jeremy Renner as the lead man (which is awesome), it looks like they pick up right where they left off as far as action goes. Edward Norton is always a big plus in my book

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I wasn't real big on the idea of this movie until I saw the trailer. Looks pretty damn cool and seems like it will tie in with the other movies pretty well.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Looks goofy. Looks like as much a cash grab as expected.

I'm still interested in seeing it.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I saw it today!

As far as action movie goes, it's great. It has the right balance between action scene and quiet ones. The bike chase scene is excellent. As for the plot, well...

It's the story about a guy who became a sort of science experiment for the CIA or something. The goal was to make him (and a couple of others) better physically and mentally for a reason or another. And then the CIA decides to kill them all because of Jason Bourne. Or something. In short: it's all Bourne's fault. That's the only thing that's clear about the plot. Other than the fact that there isn't any plot whatsoever. All you need to know is that the guy is on the run from the guys who want to kill him. At least, I got that part!

It's an okay pop-corn movie and I can remember worst ways I've spent 2 hours of my life. Jeremy Renner proves that he can be an action movie star (which should be no surprise, the guy can act, as his 2 Academy Award nominations tell).

All I have to do now is to wait for a sequel Hawkeye movie.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Didn't get to see this yet but I will in the next two weeks. I heard Renner is awesome (As he always is), but the story was a bit so-so. Still, it got me to watching the Bourne movies all over again, and there is a rumor that the Damon and Renner will be in the next film. Now THAT would be fucking epic.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    It was a reasonably competent utterly unnecessary and forgettable movie. Also often unintentionally hilarious.

I hope they don't make another.
    Last edited by Corvus T. Cosmonaut; 08-17-2012 at 05:56 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Saw the movie. It was nothing we haven't all seen before. And it didn't really have an ending.

It wasn't a movie, it was a Prologue.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conrad Lienert View Post
    And it didn't really have an ending.
    Yeah that was ridiculous. This movie was terrible, so disappointing.